SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Boy Scouts Of America now open to girls
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 16
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Boy Scouts Of America now open to girls Login/Join 
Picture of DrDan
posted
The BSA has voted unanimously to open up both Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts to girls, up through the rank of Eagle.

link

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4870 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
Another change. Oh, goody.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
What a crock of shit.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
BGSA

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's unfair that they are so binary. They need to be inclusive of the gender fluid individuals. Roll Eyes

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Suddenly my son is anxious to attend his last year of camp, with the hope of earning the Kayaking merit badge with a 16-year old hottie.

P229

Posts: 3808 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
LOL.

What's the new name going to be?

The Gender Fluid Scouts of the Western Hemisphere

GFSWH

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Oh come on!

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Oh my...

Isn't that what the Girl Scouts were for?

Why must we all be the same when we are different?

Although, I must say, I might have been much more into scouting if I could have had a female tent-mate-ranger-buddy.

Good luck Sir, I know you can handle it.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12744 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
The world is upside down.

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3108 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
Ok this is nuts...

I love Scouts. But these are the kinds of things that are going to bring my participation to an end.

"Gender Fluid" exactly.

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scientific Beer Geek
posted Hide Post
God forbid there be an organization that is just for young boys and men any longer.

I am an Eagle Scout and I think this is a foolish overly PC move. I would also oppose a change to allow boys in the girl scouts.

The explorer program has been co-ed for along time now, but I guess that was not good enough for the SJW crowd.

Just my fed up $0.02,

Mike (Eagle Scout)

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2078 | Location: Philadelphia Suburbs | Registered: August 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Has Harvey Weinstein applied for Scoutmaster yet?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23944 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:
Suddenly my son is anxious to attend his last year of camp, with the hope of earning the Kayaking merit badge with a 16-year old hottie.

Sounds like he is more interested in motorboating than kayaking Big Grin

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Stand by for every boy scout to undergo sensitivity training...

I'm so glad I teach my son all he needs to know about the outdoors.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
I'm going to apologize for not reading the whole article first.

The link says that dens will remain single sex.

So I back off a bit.

I'm actively involved with my son's den and I'm glad this little announcement came out after we wrapped up our popcorn sales this year. So many people in our community support the Scouts and most of our dens are affiliated with Churches. One more 'gender fluid' issue would not help us.

"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yanert98:
That won't last. It's just bullshit to make this OK for people.

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Will they bring cookies?

Posts: 23242 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Oh come on!

RIP Parody (5000 BC - 2017 AD)

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Yanert98:
That won't last. It's just bullshit to make this OK for people.

Agreed. Feels like they are just turning up the SJW heat slowly so we don't all jump out at once.