SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Boy Scouts Of America now open to girls
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Boy Scouts Of America now open to girls Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
May 23, 2018
They've blown up the Boy Scouts. What next?
By Lloyd Marcus

Minutes after awakening this morning, my wife Mary read me this disturbing headline from her phone, "Condoms Required at Scouts' 24th World Jamboree." My mind immediately went back years ago to when LGBTQ activists demanded that the Boy Scouts of America accept openly homosexual leaders. LGBTQ activists claimed that homosexuals did not intend to change the Scouts. They simply wanted to be included. I remember a deceived parent on Facebook saying if the Boy Scouts did not surrender to permitting openly gay Scout masters, she would remove her son from the intolerant, bigoted hate group.

Mary read out loud from the article that, outrageously, the rules demand that condoms be distributed to the underage kids during the 12-day camping event. My thoughts went to the movie Planet of the Apes at the end, when Charleston Heston's character said, "You maniacs! You blew it up! Damn you...damn you all to hell!"

In 1910, Lord Robert Baden-Powell founded the Boys Scouts Association. In his book, "Scouting for Boys," Baden-Powell stated his purpose for the organization.

" We aim for the practice of Christianity in their everyday life and dealings, and not merely the profession of theology on Sundays [.]"

All these years later, wimpy, spineless officials and administrators have allowed political correctness and LGBTQ activists to blow up Baden-Powell's vision, corrupting yet another once great Christian organization. Yes, I am extremely angry.

All who sounded the alarm that allowing promoters of homosexuality into the Christian-based organization would change the Boy Scouts were branded paranoid haters. Meanwhile, LGBTQ activists have forced the Boy Scouts to change the original Scout Oath.

"On my honor, I will do my best to do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law; to help other people at all times; to keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight."

What awesome and upright principles. Imagine how wonderful our country would be if more men lived by this creed. LGBTQ activists have intimidated the Scouts into removing "morally straight" from the Scout Oath.

LGBTQ activists have forced Baden-Powell's organization to drop "boy" from its name and admit girls in 2019.

Will someone please tell me what was hateful or mean about Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts having separate organizations? Do y'all know that LGBTQ activists seek to erase the gender line between male and female? Public school teachers are forced to address elementary students as "eagles" rather than boys and girls.

Folks, I am so sick of mainstream people in power cowering to LGBTQ activists. When will someone have the courage to tell these people no? I vow to slap the next Christian who tells me we need to be more passive and loving. I'm kidding. But look where passivity has gotten us.

SOGI (Sexual Orientation Gender Identity) laws mandate that LGBTQ lessons be implemented in every grade (pre-K through 12) and every subject. Math questions begin with "two guys enter a gay bar." In public schools, LGBTQ lessons include BDSM, anal sexual activity, asphyxiation, gender-bending, and rimming. Does this sound as insane to you as it does to me? And yet this vile brainwashing and robbery of our kids' innocence continues unabated beneath the national radar.

Whitney Houston was correct when she sang, "I believe the children are our future." If we keep allowing leftists to confiscate our children, game over. Our future as a great nation is lost.

Years ago, LGBTQ activists beat the crap out of me in the media for asking this question. Rather than forcing the Boy Scouts to abandon its Christian roots, why wouldn't homosexuals start their own youth organization? What is stopping pedophiles who run NAMBLA (North American Man-Boy Love Association) from starting a scouting program? LGBTQ activists branded me a hater for asking this logical question.

The truth is, LGBTQ activists are on a mission to destroy Christian institutions – to force Christians to "approve" their lifestyle. LGBTQ activists seek to force Christians to betray Jesus by kneeling in worship to their false god of depravity. Leftists are working to create a godless America in which anything goes sexually. Everywhere you turn, you can see evidence of leftists' removing traditional Godly principles and values that have made America great. It sickens me whenever I see politicians and people in power caving to LGBTQ activists' demands.

In 1962, we caved to leftists' demand to remove prayer from public schools. Schools have progressively transformed from institutions of discipline and learning to hellholes of violence, daycare for parents in middle school, drug abuse, disrespect for authority, and students graduating unable to read their diplomas. Meanwhile, we keep allowing leftists to have their way.

What great Christian institution, traditional value, or principle will LGBTQ leftists target next for destruction?

The good news is, I am seeing signs of more Americans pushing back against LGBTQ leftist bullying.

Oh, how I long to see the spirit of John Wayne reborn in an American leader with true grit. Oh, wait – we have that in Donald Trump. Still, America needs more leaders with backbone to tell LGBTQ leftists no.

https://www.americanthinker.co...couts_what_next.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23946 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Troll
posted Hide Post
Militant/deviant/homos just want to be mainstreamed...yeah, sure...

As a heterosexual, male, at first (probably 15/20 years ago) I thought they deserved some respect, not be picked on or bullied.

But, they turn out to be just as disrespectful, fanatic bullies themselves as any they've accused of being. Perhaps even worse...

So, if I see some flamboyant (no, not all are by any means, but when they self identify by acting like flaming fruits) I wouldn't extend them a helping hand of any kind.

They enjoy ruining anything heteros value.

They are the enemy...

Posts: 261 | Registered: May 02, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
What great institutions will militants target next? The church.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
"On my honor I will do my best to do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law; to help other people at all times; to keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight."

Keep it alive.

"
In 1910, Lord Robert Baden-Powell founded the Boys Scouts Association. In his book, "Scouting for Boys," Baden-Powell stated his purpose for the organization.

" We aim for the practice of Christianity in their everyday life and dealings, and not merely the profession of theology on Sundays [.]"

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sound and Fury
Picture of Dallas239
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
May 23, 2018
They've blown up the Boy Scouts. What next?
By Lloyd Marcus

Minutes after awakening this morning, my wife Mary read me this disturbing headline from her phone, "Condoms Required at Scouts' 24th World Jamboree." My mind immediately went back years ago to when LGBTQ activists demanded that the Boy Scouts of America accept openly homosexual leaders. LGBTQ activists claimed that homosexuals did not intend to change the Scouts. They simply wanted to be included. I remember a deceived parent on Facebook saying if the Boy Scouts did not surrender to permitting openly gay Scout masters, she would remove her son from the intolerant, bigoted hate group.

Mary read out loud from the article that, outrageously, the rules demand that condoms be distributed to the underage kids during the 12-day camping event. My thoughts went to the movie Planet of the Apes at the end, when Charleston Heston's character said, "You maniacs! You blew it up! Damn you...damn you all to hell!"

All these years later, wimpy, spineless officials and administrators have allowed political correctness and LGBTQ activists to blow up Baden-Powell's vision, corrupting yet another once great Christian organization. Yes, I am extremely angry.

All who sounded the alarm that allowing promoters of homosexuality into the Christian-based organization would change the Boy Scouts were branded paranoid haters. Meanwhile, LGBTQ activists have forced the Boy Scouts to change the original Scout Oath.

"On my honor, I will do my best to do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law; to help other people at all times; to keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight."

What awesome and upright principles. Imagine how wonderful our country would be if more men lived by this creed. LGBTQ activists have intimidated the Scouts into removing "morally straight" from the Scout Oath.

LGBTQ activists have forced Baden-Powell's organization to drop "boy" from its name and admit girls in 2019.

Will someone please tell me what was hateful or mean about Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts having separate organizations? Do y'all know that LGBTQ activists seek to erase the gender line between male and female? Public school teachers are forced to address elementary students as "eagles" rather than boys and girls.

Folks, I am so sick of mainstream people in power cowering to LGBTQ activists. When will someone have the courage to tell these people no? I vow to slap the next Christian who tells me we need to be more passive and loving. I'm kidding. But look where passivity has gotten us.

SOGI (Sexual Orientation Gender Identity) laws mandate that LGBTQ lessons be implemented in every grade (pre-K through 12) and every subject. Math questions begin with "two guys enter a gay bar." In public schools, LGBTQ lessons include BDSM, anal sexual activity, asphyxiation, gender-bending, and rimming. Does this sound as insane to you as it does to me? And yet this vile brainwashing and robbery of our kids' innocence continues unabated beneath the national radar.

Whitney Houston was correct when she sang, "I believe the children are our future." If we keep allowing leftists to confiscate our children, game over. Our future as a great nation is lost.

Years ago, LGBTQ activists beat the crap out of me in the media for asking this question. Rather than forcing the Boy Scouts to abandon its Christian roots, why wouldn't homosexuals start their own youth organization? What is stopping pedophiles who run NAMBLA (North American Man-Boy Love Association) from starting a scouting program? LGBTQ activists branded me a hater for asking this logical question.

The truth is, LGBTQ activists are on a mission to destroy Christian institutions – to force Christians to "approve" their lifestyle. LGBTQ activists seek to force Christians to betray Jesus by kneeling in worship to their false god of depravity. Leftists are working to create a godless America in which anything goes sexually. Everywhere you turn, you can see evidence of leftists' removing traditional Godly principles and values that have made America great. It sickens me whenever I see politicians and people in power caving to LGBTQ activists' demands.

In 1962, we caved to leftists' demand to remove prayer from public schools. Schools have progressively transformed from institutions of discipline and learning to hellholes of violence, daycare for parents in middle school, drug abuse, disrespect for authority, and students graduating unable to read their diplomas. Meanwhile, we keep allowing leftists to have their way.

What great Christian institution, traditional value, or principle will LGBTQ leftists target next for destruction?

The good news is, I am seeing signs of more Americans pushing back against LGBTQ leftist bullying.

Oh, how I long to see the spirit of John Wayne reborn in an American leader with true grit. Oh, wait – we have that in Donald Trump. Still, America needs more leaders with backbone to tell LGBTQ leftists no.

https://www.americanthinker.co...couts_what_next.html
Continuing to repeat stuff that isn't true doesn't make a good argument.

"I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace, a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here." -- Ronald Reagan, Farewell Address, Jan. 11, 1989

Si vis pacem para bellum
There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
Feeding Trolls Since 1995

Posts: 18039 | Registered: February 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dallas239:....Continuing to repeat stuff that isn't true doesn't make a good argument.

Might you point out the falsehoods in that Lloyd Marcus piece?

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
My son's pack still says "morally straight"

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:

That happened to some extent with the gay opposition to CA's Prop 8. The LGBT community acknowledged it wasn't about rights, they already had such rights. It was about using gov't force to silence anyone (ie some Christian denominations) from expressing moral opposition to homosexuality.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
"On my honor I will do my best to do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law; to help other people at all times; to keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight."

Keep it alive.

"

If I understand correctly, you might believe that providing free condoms to teen boys and girls for weekend or weeklong "Scout" camps is not consistent with Lord Baden-Powell's vision of scouting?

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
https://www.ohio.com/news/2019...ches-in-wayne-county

All-girl Boy Scouts troop launches in Wayne County

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38601 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:

Now in Eastern Iowa also:

https://qctimes.com/news/local...16-3f04dbc2a419.html

Quad-City Scouts welcome first all-girl troop

Matt Enright menright@qctimes.com
Feb 9, 2019 Updated 4 hrs ago

In the basement of Asbury United Methodist Church in Bettendorf, the first official meeting of Scout Troop 82 looked like any other meeting.

After announcements by the Scoutmaster, the scouts headed outside to learn how to make a fire. Then they came back inside and separated into small groups to begin memorizing the Scout's Oath and Law, essential for the first merit badge as a Scout.

For Emma Hupp, Torrin Heritage and Bella Boyle, it was an unprecedented success. Hupp, Heritage and Boyle are part of one of two all-girl Scout troops formed in the Quad-Cities after Feb. 1, when Boy Scouts became Scouts BSA and admitted girls. Another troop has been formed in Muscatine.

"I think I was [interested] in it for outdoor camping and in life in general," Hupp said of why she wanted to join Scouts.

Illowa Council Executive and CEO Jeff Doty said families nationwide had been contacting the national organization for years and asking why their daughter couldn't join. "It would be a lot easier for my family if girls could be involved in the program so we could do this all as a family, and as a result in the fall we started what we call 'Family Scouting,'" Doty said.

Family Scouting allows girls to form separate dens, and Doty says girls have been coming along with their brothers on trips for years without getting a badge. Now they can fully participate and earn merit badges, and can advance through the ranks to Eagle Scout.

To get to the Eagle Scout level, members of BSA must work their way through Tenderfoot, Second Class, First Class, Star and Life before the Eagle rank. Along the way, they must earn 21 merit badges, of which 13 are required, such as first aid, camping and Citizenship in the Community, Nation and World. They must also show leadership in their troop and put in community service hours, culminating in a service project that they propose, perform and show a leadership role to others.

About 6 percent of Scouts earn the rank of Eagle.

While the Scouts now allow girls to participate, the troops are not co-ed. "While we believe that our program is for everybody, a lot of data still shows that single-gender programs are beneficial," Doty said. "They will be doing a lot of things together when they go to summer camps and those type of things where there will be boy troops there and there will be girl troops there."

At the first meeting Feb. 3, girls also brought friends to the meeting, and Doty said there were Cub Scouts working to earn their Arrow of Light and cross over into Troop 82. "So we expect it to grow pretty steadily over the course of the year."

"I've been involved in some way, shape or form since I was in second grade," Troop 82 Scoutmaster Eric Hupp said. "So we're looking at probably 30 years."

Hupp says he decided four or five months ago that he wanted to be a part of this change. "I wanted my daughter to be in Scouts, and I figured no better way than to grab it by the reins and see what we can do to get started."

By the end of the meeting, the girls had gotten an assignment: Research a topic of their choice to teach the other Scouts in preparation for the Klondike Derby later this month that will test their Scoutcraft skills and leadership abilities.

They also unfolded their official flag that proudly displays their name: Troop 82 "Lunatic Leopards."

Hupp, Heritage and Boyle were all excited to go camping, and to the Klondike Derby.

"I just thought because Boy Scouts was more outdoors, more like me, and I just thought I'd try it," Boyle said. "And so far it's been really good."

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hey they should call that the Girl Scouts!

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Hey they should call that the Girl Scouts!
Big Grin

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I just read that they're renaming the organization to the Androgynous Scouts of America. No more toxic male stuff: hair styling, makeup and feminine hygiene.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
Yet they still have "Boy's Life" magazine being mailed out. BSA has done a wonderful job half-assing this. Maybe it should be renamed "It's Life" or "US Life" or "Us Life." I guess "Life" magazine hasn't been run in awhile and for the right price they could buy that name I'm sure.

Posts: 2504 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Another American Institution killed by the liberal cancer infecting us.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:

The church has been targeted for a while. It was getting worse under the previous administration and is a little better under President Trump, but its still there. Remember the cake bakers in Colorado and Oregon?

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
quote:
Originally posted by Dallas239:....Continuing to repeat stuff that isn't true doesn't make a good argument.

Might you point out the falsehoods in that Lloyd Marcus piece?

I'm interested in his comments as well.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
My son's pack still says "morally straight"

Same here and we discussed what it means.

I had to quit as DL as I am traveling 100% for work at the moment but hope to get back to it maybe next year.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:

Saul Alinsky began his full on assault of the Church, and largely succeeded, nearly 80 years ago.

They don't call the Godless commies for nothing.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post