SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Boy Scouts Of America now open to girls
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Boy Scouts Of America now open to girls Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
No jhe, it is an on going effort to change the Boy Scouts. Don't be fooled. It has been underway for years and will continue.

Any thing with history, heritage, legacy, tradition, etc. the progressives want to change it, destroy it, abolish it, etc.

It is afront in every aspect of our society today. Taught in our schools, pushed by our politicians and any other place you care to look or listen.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dean of Law
Picture of heavyd
posted Hide Post
The instances of scout leaders molesting children and of children having sex will skyrocket. I would not doubt it if these decisions eventually bring down the Boy Scouts.

H. Dean Phillips
$99 Gun Trusts
https://nfalawyers.com

Posts: 6614 | Location: Georgia | Registered: December 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
No jhe, it is and on going effort to change the Boy Scouts. Don't be fooled. It has been underway for years and will continue.

Yes... it's part of the larger "culture wars" which are ongoing. Our side has surrendered the popular culture to Hollywood leftists.... but we have begun to fight back.

Your local troop may still be a great organization, which depends on the people leading it, but the national organizations board has been taken over by the progressives.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23942 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
No jhe, it is and on going effort to change the Boy Scouts. Don't be fooled. It has been underway for years and will continue.

Yes... it's part of the larger "culture wars" which are ongoing. Our side has surrendered the popular culture to Hollywood leftists.... but we have begun to fight back.

Your local troop may still be a great organization, which depends on the people leading it, but the national organizations board has been taken over by the progressives.

In San Diego, a row developed over not allowing an openly gay man to be a troop leader. This turned into such a rhubarb that Combined Federal Campaign and other charitable fund drives eventually withdrew funding from Boy Scouts and threatened to terminate Boy Scout use of facilities in Balboa Park and Fiesta Island, among others. Civic minded business leaders, those who hoped to become civic leaders, avoided all connection to Boy Scouts for fear of the taint which precluded men who had been members of white only country clubs from appointments to the federal bench decades ago.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post

Be prepared! That's the Boy Scout's marching song,
Be prepared! As through life you march along.
Be prepared to hold your liquor pretty well,
Don't write naughty words on walls if you can't spell.

Be prepared! To hide that pack of cigarettes,
Don't make book if you cannot cover bets.
Keep those reefers hidden where you're sure
That they will not be found
And be careful not to smoke them
When the scoutmaster's around
For he only will insist that it be shared.
Be prepared!

Be prepared! That's the Boy Scouts' solemn creed,
Be prepared! And be clean in word and deed.
Don't solicit for your sister, that's not nice,
Unless you get a good percentage of her price.

Be prepared! And be careful not to do
Your good deeds when there's no one watching you.
If you're looking for adventure of a new and different kind,
And you come across a Girl Scout who is similarly inclined,
Don't be nervous, don't be flustered, don't be scared.

Be prepared!

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31376 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Progressivism: one benign step at a time into oppression and destruction.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Well hot weeniers and buns will take on a different meaning...

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All 3 of our sons are Eagle Scouts and I can't even imagine how tough it would be to plan and attend events (like camping) if we had to plan around the opposite sex/girls being included.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
Meh.

Look at who is pissed by this and that's the answer. The people that are really irked are the Girl Scouts because their programs for girls don't offer as much as boys did. It's a self-induced glass ceiling by the Girl Scouts and they've been called out on it by the Boy Scouts.

Yes many of you here think they should be separate however the Boy Scouts need new members and they already have the programs in place. Women control the money in most houses and when they bring their daughters to the Boy Scouts they will bring their money.

What I really want to know is who's going to be making the cookies.

Posts: 4069 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Southflorida-law:
Funny thing is, according to the news today, Girl Scouts organization is vehemently objecting to this change.

Because they see it as a threat to their existence.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I guess the next step being pushed will be a merger of Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts and it will just be called "The Scouts" and will never be the same again. Frown

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
My sister has been a scout leader for probably 15 years, starting when her son was a Cub. Her ex sure wasn't gonna step up.

I don't think there has been any molestation or hanky panky in her troop. Don't think she would put up with it, either.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sound and Fury
Picture of Dallas239
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I got some more information.

Each troop (or pack if it is the Cubs) will be single sex. There are to be no mixed troops.

Boys will not be camping (or attending weekly meetings) with girls.

Simmer down.

I saw some Girl Scout executive on TV this morning. He was losing his shit. The Girl Scouts are probably scared that they will lose membership as their programs just don't measure up to those of the BSA. But he was scare-mongering for all he was worth and accusing the BSA of not having done enough to ensure that the scouts wouldn't be molested, and that no girl would be safe in the BSA, etc.
Close. Each Pack (this doesn't apply to Boy Scouts yet) will be either boys, girls, or coed. BSA is calling the coed shooting "Family Scouting." Official info here: http://www.scoutingnewsroom.org/family-scouting/

"I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace, a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here." -- Ronald Reagan, Farewell Address, Jan. 11, 1989

Si vis pacem para bellum
There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
Feeding Trolls Since 1995

Posts: 18039 | Registered: February 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Seems to be PC Correctness run amuck.
However, when I was a kid I wouldn't have minded having girls on the camping trips. Smile

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
This unique approach allows the organization to maintain the integrity of the single gender model while also meeting the needs of today’s families.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
The Girl Scouts initially responded Wednesday to the Boy Scouts' decision with a blog post citing what it said is the power of the "single-gender environment."

"The Boy Scouts' house is on fire," Girl Scouts told ABC News in a statement today.

"Instead of addressing systemic issues of continuing sexual assault, financial mismanagement and deficient programming, BSA's senior management wants to add an accelerant to the house fire by recruiting girls."

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/...oy-scouts-house-fire

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23942 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
I knew plenty of girls that were just too "rough and tumble" for anything as wussified as Girl Scouts. If they want to learn the skills and earn the merit badges, good for them. I like strong women. Build a few for my boy Smile

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Will they bring cookies?

Nope. It’ll be little boys at the supermarket or knocking on your door saying “Would you like to buy some boy scout cookies?”

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of was0311
posted Hide Post
This is about money and enrollment.

Forget all your forlorn memories of scouts.

It is a business now, and they want cash, add eligibility to 51% of the population is their strategy to get more.

Posts: 2654 | Location: Eastern NE | Registered: July 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I am an Eagle Scout, and I am disturbed by this decision.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post