SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Basic decency, and caring for a child you brought into this world, is now considered exceptional behavior, worthy of praise
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Basic decency, and caring for a child you brought into this world, is now considered exceptional behavior, worthy of praise Login/Join 
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Then he should have also ran a full page in the local newspaper to compliment his F'Book posting.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
At Jacob's Well
Picture of jaaron11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
He is wrong on two accounts. The first is as Parabellum illustrates. The second is found in Matthew 6

1 Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

2 Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

3 But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:

4 That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.
First passage that came to my mind as well. In more modern English:

“So when you give to the poor, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, so that they may be honored by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full. But when you give to the poor, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving will be in secret; and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you."

J

Rak Chazak Amats

Posts: 5282 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
So, some asshole knocked a chick up then broke up with her and he's going to lecture me about responsibility?

Fuck you pal. Seriously

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
So, some asshole knocked a chick up then broke up with her and he's going to lecture me about responsibility?

Fuck you pal. Seriously

No no... this is "how a real man acts!"

The comments on his Facebook posting are pathetic.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Praise for doing the right thing- I guess this makes perfect sense in the Participation Trophy Generation.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
He's a regular modern day HERO!

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
I guess he figured if his ex wouldn't give him sex for his noble deed, some facebook ho might.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Praise for doing the right thing- I guess this makes perfect sense in the Participation Trophy Generation.

Participation Trophy Generation - I like that. I've been calling them the "Look at ME" generation. Seriously - who takes pictures of themselves just so they can post it online?

Posts: 260 | Registered: March 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
some of yall think I'm only going to provide for my child fuck the mother but that's thinking like a child.
Actually slick, an adult might have kept it in his pants in the first place and avoided this entire situation. I seem to think more and more like my father every day.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I would be embarrassed to be praised for doing something like that.
Never had anything like that, but was at work and the boss asked me to take a look at a machine that had not worked for a couple months. Another guy had been trying to fix it. I found the problem that night and fixed it. Next day the boss said he was gonna nominate me for employee of the month. I said for WHAT?? Just doing my job???

This kind of thing irks me. I have been married to a woman who does charitable things one after another and has done them since I have known her and wants no notoriety of those deeds. So, seeing this daily and for this long of time(40yrs), this other nonsense makes me ill.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Narcissism at its best.

I tend to fall back up-on this within my own life (or at least try to):

quote:

So when you give to the poor, don’t announce it with trumpet fanfare. This is what hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets in order to be praised by people. I can guarantee this truth: That will be their only reward.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
*~* SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT *~*

I woke up and went to work today! I even help fight global tooth decay by brushing my teeth!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
I'll admit I read through the responses quickly and might of missed it, buy not one of you guys used the proper word to praise his actions...

HERO.

That's right. This man is a HERO. And nobody would know unless he posted it. Tune in next week when he drops a pair of worn out Chuck Taylor's into a used clothing bin and upgrades to SAINT. Don't miss the upcoming special report where Saint Carpenter details how his road to sainthood began when he started putting in a full day of work for the pay he was receiving.

Edited to Add: Sorry Arfmel, I missed your post. You sir are hereby commended for recognizing Saint Carpenter's good deeds. Take the rest of the day off.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
There was nothing selfless about what this trophy boy did in any case which is evident by the fact that he just couldn't wait to post a pic of his receipt on Facebook. It wouldn't surprise me if he took that pic and posted it while sitting in his car right outside of the supermarket where he just bought the food, meaning he praised himself before even actually delivering the food to his ex.

He did it for the praise. The end result doesn't change the fact that his motivation was anything but laudable.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Supposedly this guy is in and out of jail and has been arrested for beating the shit out of his exwife that he bought food for in this article. If she has NO food in the fridge at all, they are both unfit parents, in my opinion.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post