SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Portland Police are purging their gang database
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Portland Police are purging their gang database Login/Join 
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimb888:
I'm almost always happy to go along with the cops and if they say that it will help, then I'd back them. However, it seems like a coincidence that Portland's recently hired/installed Police Chief, Danielle Outlaw, 41, is an African-American woman and 19-year veteran of the Oakland Police Department. How is the gang situation in Oakland these days?...

Maybe she is trying to bring Oakland CA success to Portland. Wink

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Think of all the time it will save them once they've all turned their lives around. *s*

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1865 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Fits right in with their "Enough is Enough" stand against gang violence. You know, like "just say no."

https://www.portlandoregon.gov/police/71402

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
This is BS. Facts are facts.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
Danielle Outlaw

Come on tell me this isn't the perfect set up for this kind of stupidity.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
So the deplorable red neck data base gets the same?

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
wait.... what????

There is ONLY ONE possible explanation for this, and it isn't one I will explain on a public forum...

Even if it WAS something I was willing to do... It would not be in any possible way a replacement for this type of information.

This is one of the most foolish things I've seen in a long time....

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
So when the majority is the minority it's a problem.

Posts: 3454 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The hiring process for the Chief wasn't too smooth either. The mayors job description basically noted what a bunch of racist crackers people in Portland and Oregon historically were, the police union spokesperson (Himself an African-American) took offense and issue with both the description and the search for an outside hire. http://www.oregonlive.com/port..._union_mayor_tr.html

Hopefully Chief Outlaw has good managerial skills, if she does, she'll be fine. If not, then it will go shit sideways soon enough once the honeymoon is over. Portland has a history of some total crap Chiefs, so it will be interesting if nothing else.

It's off too a fast start: now they no longer have gangs with a mere wave of a pen. Razz

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
I haven't heard of a white street gang since I read S.E. Hinton's The Outsiders, and that was in high school over 40 years ago. .......

OMG, guess you don't get out much.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10923 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post