SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Fake white hate crimes
Page 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 68
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fake white hate crimes Login/Join 
The Constable
posted Hide Post
https://chicagoist.com/2016/03...MbmL9j2uT2hHUsmwqeuU

Maybe this sheds some light on WHY.

Foxx's campaign for Prosecutor took big donations from Sorros.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Could it possibly be that the corrupt Chicago DOJ is doing this as payback for the Mueller Report exonerating Trump?

Yeah, I can believe it.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
So you think Obama would risk an obstruction of justice conviction/investigation over this dude? That just doesn't compute for me.

I agree his story has holes, but there are also holes in this corruption is why he got off angle too. Something just feels off about all of this. I don't think this is as simple as we're making it.

I have no idea if it was Obama or not, but whoever called in a favor doesn't have much to worry about unless the SA decides to go public with it (and implicate herself in the process). All she has to say is "We felt we would have difficulty proving the case beyond a reasonable doubt and felt the limited resources of the prosecutors' office were better used on cases for which we had a better chance of prevailing."

Who can disprove that? It's pretty much an iron-clad way to excuse the non-prosecution.

And why would someone "risk" anything over this case? Because of all the attention it received nationwide. It was a tipping point in the left's identity politics. People were finally recognizing that most hate crimes are in fact hoaxes, and the left can't allow that perception to take hold. They need the narrative of victimhood and the existence of an oppressive force to move their agenda forward. Smollett is magically exonerated, and all of a sudden the left can continue insisting that hate crimes are a real thing and that the real perpetrators are still out there somewhere waiting to prey upon some other marginalized victim.

Notice, by all accounts so far, all charges were dropped. They didn't accept a guilty plea on a single misdemeanor count and give a symbolic sentence. That would have reinforced the fact that this was a hoax and damaged the leftist narrative. They had to him go scot-free in order to plausibly maintain that this was a hate crime and that hate crimes do in fact exist.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Still waiting for the US Attorney. I have seen a number of cases where the state dropped out because the US Attorney was going forward. I would hope the US Attorney prosecutes due to the letter with white powder, hate mail, and use of the US Mail.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4x5:
This is how the democrats wipe Trump's victory off the front page.

I was thinking the same thing, if not democrats, the entrenched left.

So much for my idea that this would be portrayed as The Beautiful People vs. The Oppressors, whether in an actual courtroom or the court of public opinion (the left's go-to arbiter).

Thus ends a few days of me feeling better about things. There are epic sticks in the eye and then there's THIS. Mad Mad

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8341 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I wonder if Smollett attorney Mark Geragos will have a statement

Smollett is sticking to his story.

This is what happens when Democrats control prosecutors

Posts: 19569 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Just incredible.

Blatant corruption.

"He was actve in the community." Freakin' kidding me?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Are there no checks and balances anymore? What is stopping this "prosecuter" from simly saying "all black/gay people are immune from that law and can do whatever they want".

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
CPD not happy.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Are there no checks and balances anymore? What is stopping this "prosecuter" from simly saying "all black/gay people are immune from that law and can do whatever they want".

The balance of the check was $100,000 to Chicago's coffers. Must be nice to pay your way out of over a dozen charges.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20819 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
The DA stepped away from this case a long time ago. Corrupt Chicago and Illinois officials have been around for a very long time. As long as they have a stronghold it will continue. From the PAC donations and Soros having his hand all over this country his money will continue to rule. No one has had the balls enough to take his corruption on.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4834 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
His statement doubles down on his claims. Turns my stomach when a liar's lies are not only allowed to stand but are validated.

This.
It's disgusting.
He wasn't given a break because he's owned up to what he did and he's repentant.
He's still saying that everyone else is lying, and that the CPD are in the wrong here.
By allowing Smollett to double down, Cook County State Attorney's Office has basically come out against the CPD.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24100 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:

The balance of the check was $100,000 to Chicago's coffers. Must be nice to pay your way out of over a dozen charges.

This is what you get when the inmates run the asylum.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Foxx's campaign for Prosecutor took big donations from Sorros.

You can appoint as many conservative judges to the bench as you want. It doesn't matter when the criminal never gets to trial because you own the prosecutor. Kind of like what we have been seeing on a federal level with the DOiJ.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Here's the spin they are going with from the Prosecutor's office:

- John Adams

The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
If CPD really did build a great case, and if they really are pissed, this is not over and it will be a major investigation.

If they are full of shit, this won't go anywhere beyond here.

I hope they're right and the feds take a good hard look for us all.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
I don’t believe it. Rahm is making sense right now on Fox.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
If CPD really did build a great case, and if they really are pissed, this is not over and it will be a major investigation.

If they are full of shit, this won't go anywhere beyond here.

Come on, man. Jesus. The case was dropped purely for political reasons. Just look at the post above yours. For chrissakes, they had the twins on video buying the freakin' mugging supplies!

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigalert:
I don’t believe it. Rahm is making sense right now on Fox.

Is he really? Is he pissed too?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
quote:
Originally posted by RNshooter:
He got community service hours and surrendered his $10,000 bond.
He pled out and got the case sealed. That's not the same thing as having charges dropped for lack of evidence.
Nice spin by his lawyer.

Bruce

What is your source for this? Everything I see says the charges were dropped. That's very different from a plea.

http://m.tmz.com/#!2019/03/26/...s-dropped-dismissed/

It looks like the "community service" and "voluntarily surrendering his $10,000 bond" were done either in lieu of a plea or he pled out and they sealed it in exchange for publicly dropping the charges.

They should have insisted on a gag order so he couldn't keep slandering the police.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post