SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Rep. Diane Black (R-Tenn.) introduced the Zero Tolerance for Illegal Entry Act
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rep. Diane Black (R-Tenn.) introduced the Zero Tolerance for Illegal Entry Act Login/Join 
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted
Could not find this posted but if it is mods can delete.

On July 10, Rep. Diane Black (R-Tenn.) introduced the Zero Tolerance for Illegal Entry Act, which would make it a felony to cross the U.S border illegally and would mandate an E-Verify system for American employers to ensure that they are not hiring illegal immigrants.

The law would make illegally crossing the border for the first time a felony instead of a misdemeanor and would up the penalty from six months or less to a year and a day or more.

The proposed law would also mandate the E-Verify verification system for U.S. businesses to ensure that the people they hire are not illegal immigrants. The legislation says “all employers in the United States shall participate in E-Verify, with respect to all employees recruited, referred, or hired by such employer on or after the date that is 1 year after the date of the enactment of this subsection."

In a press release, Rep. Black said, “The United States government should never prioritize illegal immigrants over American citizens. We must have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to illegal border crossings and sanctuary cities, and we must give ICE the resources they need to do their job as they protect our nation.”

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/a...-illegal-immigration

https://radio.foxnews.com/2018...illegal-immigration/

Posts: 2678 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Don't you wonder why E-verify wasn't put into action long ago?

Posts: 15880 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:

It has actually been "in action" for about a decade, and all Federal Contractors are required to use it. Numerous States, but not all, have also passed laws that it must be used. My company has been using it since 2007.

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crom:
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:

It has actually been "in action" for about a decade, and all Federal Contractors are required to use it. Numerous States, but not all, have also passed laws that it must be used. My company has been using it since 2007.

Unfortunately the states don't use it to screen welfare applicants, but then the state is always exempt from its own rules.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
about time

should be a felony

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53158 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We can hope that this Act will gain traction and approval from both sides of Congress.

Posts: 6612 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roberth:
Unfortunately the states don't use it to screen welfare applicants, but then the state is always exempt from its own rules.

I'm curious about this one. Diane Black is running for Governor in Tennessee. I wonder if she will try to use E-Verify for welfare if elected.

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Black is running for governor, and quite aggressively, too.

Posts: 27914 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
We can hope that this Act will gain traction and approval from both sides of Congress.
The Democrats won't vote for it.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post