SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A CNN Article on The NRA Convention
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A CNN Article on The NRA Convention Login/Join 
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted
I think a very well written article for a CNN reporter. She went in with an open mind given her background one would think the other. Chris

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/28/...onvention/index.html

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Given the source, I was surprised how open minded the author was. On a certain level, I think she truly gets it, but is probably very afraid to admit it fully.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Very open minded and actually had some thought behind it. And she didn't just go pick out the biggest yahoo gun nut idiot in the place and get a sound byte. Not a bad article from an admitted anti

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"Self-protection, I discover, is a huge reason many Americans own firearms."

Uh huh. Yes, she is so open-minded that not even basic concepts can find safe harbor in her cranium. I guess basic shit just keeps dribbling out of her head, huh? Last week, she forgot the purpose of toothpaste. She found a tube of it in her bathroom and had to venture to a Dentists Convention to ask the doctors questions in her oh so probing and curious manner.

"Cavity protection, I discover, is a huge reason for the use of toothpaste."

Give me a break. She had to go to the NRA convention to find out the most basic precepts of gun ownership. Really? Are you guys buying that? An adult? A "reporter"? And it just now dawned on her in a flash that people want guns for self-protection? Roll Eyes

Frankly, I don't give a rat's ass what she "understands" about the Second Amendment, because my rights are not granted to me via her fucking "understanding".

Understand, don't understand- I don't give a shit, lady. If Hillary Clinton had slithered her way into the White House, this would have been just another leftist hit piece. But, Trump got in and has publicly and repeatedly called out CNN specifically as being obscenely biased, so we get this "look at how open-minded we are" crap which is nothing more than a smoke screen. CNN and its audience are completely against the Second Amendment and they'd disarm you in a heartbeat if they could and you know it. Do not be taken in by their crap.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107578 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
"You idiots," Adams says, referring to all people of color. "It was invented to suppress you."
He looks at me as though to say: You should know better.
Again, I think of colonialism in my homeland and how the British passed strict gun control to keep Indians from rising up.

Maybe this was the moment the light bulb switched on for her.

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Frankly, I don't give a rat's ass what she "understands" about the Second Amendment, because my rights are not granted to me via her fucking "understanding".

ROTFLMMMAO!

Posts: 11385 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finger off the trigger please!

Posts: 183 | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Really enjoyed the comments she got from the convention goers she interviewed.

And although I agree with PARA that neither this woman nor the company she works for will ever support the 2A, it is a bit surprising that CNN even let this piece as written see the light of day, given what we've seen out of the them over the past decade.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I happen to know this journalist. She is a ethnic Bengali person. So, in typical Indian fashion, she is just frightened of guns, and the concept of armed self defence is something she is incapable of wrapping around her brain.
Most people of Indian ethnicity living in the USA, suffer from an totally irrational fear of guns and knives. Most of them vote for Democrats, not because they believe in the Democrats leftist policies, but because Indians think the Democrats will ban all guns and make life safe for Indians.

If you think you can, YOU WILL!!!!!

Posts: 3833 | Location: Wolverine-Land!!!! | Registered: August 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cursed be he who moves my bones!
Picture of showpro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Very open minded and actually had some thought behind it. And she didn't just go pick out the biggest yahoo gun nut idiot in the place and get a sound byte. Not a bad article from an admitted anti

That's what I thought when I read it. It read like an under-the-radar pro-gun piece, really.

Posts: 8394 | Location: Western Washington State | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I just don't trust a single thing leftists say on the subject of the Second Amendment.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107578 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sidss1:
I happen to know this journalist. She is a ethnic Bengali person. So, in typical Indian fashion, she is just frightened of guns, and the concept of armed self defence is something she is incapable of wrapping around her brain.
Most people of Indian ethnicity living in the USA, suffer from an totally irrational fear of guns and knives. Most of them vote for Democrats, not because they believe in the Democrats leftist policies, but because Indians think the Democrats will ban all guns and make life safe for Indians.

Depends on the Indians: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/...eapon-worship-india/

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1494 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Depends on the Indians: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/...eapon-worship-india/

Calgary Shooting Centre

Looked at your reference. It looked like an article from The Onion. The pictures were ridiculous. Is this really legit?? Perhaps I am just culturally unaware when it comes to Indian subcultures and practices.

Posts: 17235 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just don't trust a single thing leftists say on the subject of the Second Amendment.

Exactly! They just throw us bone, pretending to be open-minded and objective, but we all know their ultimate goal.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by porschechris:
Finger off the trigger please!

She's just tickling it. Said the mother of the dead gangbanger cleaning his gun in front of the TV drinking with friends.....

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
People don't always own guns for crime, murder and mayhem? That's not what we've been told all these years, I'm confused.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3533 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

Exactly! They just throw us bone, pretending to be open-minded and objective, but we all know their ultimate goal.

Trumps speech with the poem about the snake last night comes to mind, although I know that was not what he was referring to.

Oh shut up, silly woman.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post