SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Salt Lake PD puts on duty ED Charge Nurse in handcuffs
Page 1 ... 20 21 22 23
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Salt Lake PD puts on duty ED Charge Nurse in handcuffs Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
I'd rather see her get 500K than some gangbanger's family get millions for a "bad" shooting.

She should have held out for more - too bad it couldn't be taken from Officer Assholes pension.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Weber Co. hires former SLCPD detective known for arresting Nurse Alex Wubbels
POSTED 11:31 AM, AUGUST 28, 2019, BY DAVID WELLS, UPDATED AT 11:35AM, AUGUST 28, 2019

OGDEN, Utah — The Weber County Sheriff’s Office has hired a former Salt Lake City Police Department detective who was at the center of a viral controversy in 2017.

SLCPD fired Jeff Payne in 2018, citing numerous policy violations committed during Payne’s arrest of Alex Wubbels, a University Hospital nurse who refused to allow Payne to perform a blood draw on an unconscious patient.

The incident attracted nationwide attention and calls for action after videos of the arrest were released. In the footage, Wubbels shows Det. Jeff Payne a print out of the existing policy her hospital and the department had agreed to, which only allows blood draws from a patient who gives consent, who is under arrest, or if police obtain a warrant.

A human resources representative with the Weber County Sheriff’s Office said Payne’s employment as a non-descript position, “very, very part-time with no benefits.” He is assigned to the county’s jail, but the exact nature of his duties was not immediately provided.

FOX 13 will bring you more details as they become available.

https://fox13now.com/2019/08/2...for-arresting-nurse/

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30398 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
That's not surprising. If the firing agency doesn't push to have their law enforcement certification stripped, guys that are fired usually end up eventually landing at some smaller department that is just desperate for certified officers.

A lot of times, small departments will hire a certified officer with a checkered history over an excellent candidate who hasn't been through the academy yet. They'd rather run the risk of a repeat incident in order to save the time and money they'd otherwise have to spend on certification.

Posts: 32486 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

“very, very part-time with no benefits.”

that's like really, really part-time, like almost no-time, so nothing to hammer our phone lines and harrassing us for....

Posts: 1804 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Question: Does it have to be the firing agency that does this?
Would the officers that worked with this douche have any say in him keeping his cert?

I can see that this could be abused big time but EVERYONE has had to work with “that guy” at some point in whatever career you have.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3774 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
^^^^^

Yep. For some reason no one wants to be cops. By the way Officer Asshole is double dipping. He gets his full retirement(40K a year) and is topped out as a lateral officer(65K a year). Gotta put bodies on the road.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post