SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Are you a pistol guy or a rifle guy?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are you a pistol guy or a rifle guy? Login/Join 
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
^^^^ ha! I’d Rather by a couple pistols won’t be ammo cost Wink

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I pretty much like anything that sends projectiles downrange, rifles, pistols, shotguns, bows etc. I somewhat prefer rifles but it's easier to find places to shoot pistols than longer distance rifle ranges. Funny thing is that it's getting harder and harder to find places to shoot shotguns since they tear targets up too much indoors and on many other ranges........

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I enjoy shooting pistols more than rifles.

Posts: 1177 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I've always been a rifle guy. Considering what I've owned over the years I'd say rifles have beat out handguns 10:1 at least.

I've never shot handguns very well and hitting things up close has never had much thrill. Hitting small targets far away on the other hand has always been where it's at for me.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Pistol guy here.

I take long guns once every 4-5 range trips. I always take pistol(s).

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
O rifle
X pistol

but the ability to put four holes in four jelly pastries at 300 yards in three minutes fascinates me

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54604 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
It is time that I admit it. I am bi-
So brave of you to publicly admit that. :-)

Posts: 691 | Registered: January 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Preference is pistols, but I enjoy both rifles and shotguns.

I'm good with both a rifle and a pistol, but am mediocre at best with a shotgun. Probably would be better if I swapped my prescription shooting glasses to distance only instead of being bifocal.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
I do not discriminate- I like firearms of all kinds.

Posts: 4101 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Pistol guy.
I have more fun with my handguns.
Also, from a “training” standpoint, if anything happens I figure a handgun is what I’ll have with me, most likely.

Posts: 6301 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For the last few years, my shooting is done on an indoor range with 25 yard limit.....so handgun and pistol caliber carbines does it for me.

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Pistol for me, at present I don't even own any rifles or shotguns.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
I started out mainly shooting pistols. About six years ago, I got involved with long range rifles and really enjoy it. Then two years ago I balanced out. I shoot and enjoy each equally.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pistol for training emphasis-it is the hardest weapon to master and most likely to be in my hand if I end up having to shoot something in self defense.

Rifle/carbine by far if I get a choice...

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Rifle guy but I don't get a chance to shoot mine much these days so I shoot pistol a lot more.

Before they closed the outdoor range we used to go to it often and it was a hoot. They had a shooting gallery that included a pond and plates behind it. Me and my son would toss marshmallows in the water and pop them out over and over. He had his Ruger 10/22 and I used my Remington 541-T that was an absolute tack driver even with cheap ammo. Used to put Necco candy wafers on cardboard and shoot them at 50 yards.

The range had ranges up to 600 yards. Used my pre64 Winchester Model 70 Super Grade .243 I inherited from my uncle for the longer distances.

My Colt MT6700 HBAR Match Target was also fun to shoot even when my son was 11 years old. Very little recoil in that big guy and also very accurate with 20 inch barrel.

Posts: 9737 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
Pistols

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10703 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
Pistol guy. Next would be shotgun. Rifles because everyone needs one, right?

“The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, and intolerable...”
― H.L. Mencken

-All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Posts: 4809 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lunasee
posted Hide Post
I have and love both. However, I have trained more with my pistol at this point. So, I am more confident with my pistol.

Posts: 527 | Location: Hillsboro, OR | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
I own both, but I have to say I am a handgun guy. That is what I shoot the most and find more interesting. Rifles bore me too quickly. Handguns are a fun challenge and easy to carry. Smile

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Always been a pistol guy. I have started to enjoy some rifles, but I love shooting pistols.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post