SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Are you a pistol guy or a rifle guy?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are you a pistol guy or a rifle guy? Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Almost exclusively pistol. Have an .22LR for Rimfire Challenge and an AR-15 for zombie apocalypse, that is all, AR gets used about three times a year to make sure I know how to shoot and clean it.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20816 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
I go both ways Smile But I find I shoot pistol over rifle about 5:1. Part of that is the convenience as I frequently stop at the range on my way home and I don't usually carry rifles in my vehicle. At my club I shoot as far as 600 yards but that is only a few times a year. If I had enough property to shoot on I would likely shoot pistol and rifle A LOT MORE THAN I DO TODAY!

Posts: 1772 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wishbone
posted Hide Post
I think the biggest plus to pistol shooting is you can see where each hit lands on the target. You have to use a spotting scope to track your hits with a rifle which is slow.

Posts: 946 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Marue
posted Hide Post
I am a rifle guy. I have ten of each but several of my pistols have not been out of my safe in years. The long guns are always at the lease and ready for hunting or target shooting.

Finally got cold enough to harvest some hogs, so my AR will be getting some love soon. Never thought I would enjoy bow hunting but I now own a compound and truly enjoy the new found challenges of archery. Looking to take a spring turkey.

Posts: 386 | Location: Texas | Registered: August 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Each choice is valid for me, in it's own way. I don't have a preference.

Pistols, Rifles, Shotties, Romulan Disrupters, they all have their place for a fun day at the range. Each discipline for each type of firearm carries it's own challenges.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
This is weird but I enjoy breaking down and cleaning my pistols. I hate cleaning long guns.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Both. I shot both a lot in the army, being on marksman ship teams for rifle and pistol.

Don't shoot all that much anymore due to my retirement and residence in Prince William County.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
To me, it really depends where I live. For about 6 years I lived in an area (Norfolk VA) that had few rifle ranges around, but lots of pistol ranges. So while I had rifles, I was a pistol guy.

Now I live where I can drive to an outdoor range and be shooting within 15 minutes, pistol or rifle.

So I'd say I'm more of a rifle guy now, although I do a good bit of pistol shooting still. Probably 65 / 35, rifle to pistol.

This. I’m in Norfolk for another 6 weeks, and I’ve shot way more pistol here because I have a 25m pistol range on my base. And it’s a 2hour drive (total) to the nice rifle range down south. However, when I can go back to FL (soon) I’ll be shooting rifle much more.

Posts: 2399 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I collect handguns but shoot my rifles more.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29692 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I'd say I'm both. But if I had to choose, then I'm a rifle guy.

I practice more with pistols, because that's what I carry on me all the time.

However, I prefer rifles, and own significantly more rifles than handguns. I enjoy shooting rifles more than pistols, and especially enjoy collecting historical military rifles.

Posts: 32503 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
I'm a rifle guy. Can't help myself i just have more fun shooting rifles.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Pistol by far. I just don't enjoy shooting rifle's as much anymore. I use to shoot rifle a lot, but as my eyes got worse it wasn't as much fun.

Today I'd say I'm 98% pistol and 2% rifle.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Pistol. Distant second rifle. Do not currently own a shotgun.

Posts: 3144 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty much a pistol guy, though I currently own more rifles than pistols! While I shoot pistol every week, I probably shoot a rifle only 5-6 times a year when the mood strikes

Posts: 3287 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I solved this internal conflict with 7.62x39mm 10" barreled SIG 556xi pistol with a brace.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31432 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
Pistol. I don't know anything about long guns.

Posts: 5585 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
USPSA and defensive Pistol shooter, but rifles have always been my first love. After 18 years in Seattle, I moved back home to be able to have the lifestyle I enjoyed growing up. My favorite rifle and I went on a ride in the mountains for some time together earlier this week. It was a slip and slide ride for some 'cordite therapy'.

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
I love both, but rifle wins by a hair. I enjoy putting rounds downrange with a pistol, but rounds downrange with a rifle always makes me smile like I done lost my mind. Not just AR's, AK's, but Mauser's,and especially bolt action out to 3-600 yards. That is just too cool for school. Smile

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
This is weird but I enjoy breaking down and cleaning my pistols. I hate cleaning long guns.

I'm the same way. I prefer shooting rifles, it's more relaxing for me. But give me a 1911, and I'll break it down, put together, and repeat...

Now I mostly shoot handguns due to the fact my local club has a decent indoor pistol range, but the rifle range is a "process" to use, since it's in a residential area.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
Bull $hit! I want to sit on my fat ass and destroy anything and everything out to 2400 yards with ease. My weapon of choice is obviously belt fed and water cooled. Everything else pales in comparison.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2191 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post