SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Palmetto State Armory "Freedom Week" AR Prices
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Palmetto State Armory "Freedom Week" AR Prices Login/Join 
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted
I receive about a bajillion e-mails from PSA every week, and Lord help me if I ever click on something. I'll get another e-mail telling me that "It looks like you could use this" with a link to whatever I clicked on from the earlier message.

They've had a number of sub $400 AR offers in recent months but this is the first time I can recall a complete rifle, particularly in FDE, for under $280. They're doing a complete upper (16" Classic Freedom Carbine with BCG & CH) for $179.99 and the matching complete lower for $99.99. This is from their lower priced Freedom line and their common free shipping isn't noted this time, but that's $279.98 + shipping + tax + FFL transfer fee.

Have prices really come down so much or is supply and demand really so far out of whack that they have to make such offers to find buyers?

https://palmettostatearmory.co...ontent=12%3a00+Email

https://palmettostatearmory.co...ontent=12%3a00+Email

Now that I've clicked on those, I should be getting another e-mail from them in about five, four, three...

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2094 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Damn that's throw away prices,me I bought a few several years back,gave six to family members and still have six in assorted configurations and from colt and R R arms

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Maybe it's so inexpensive because it is known to cause cancer.
quote:
WARNING: This product can expose you to the chemical lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and reproductive harm.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Maybe it's so inexpensive because it is known to cause cancer.
quote:
WARNING: This product can expose you to the chemical lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and reproductive harm.

Coming headline (if it hasn't already run):

"State of California Has Determined that EVERYTHING Causes Cancer."

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2094 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And here's a classic black lower for $99:

https://palmettostatearmory.co...classic-edition.html

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
A musket in every home.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Someone out there must not have an AR yet.

They are persistent, but I love em. So many things I didn't know I needed (and didn't think I could afford).

Posts: 1345 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Some Shot:
Someone out there must not have enough AR's yet.
FIFY Wink No one can own just one.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How's the quality of these PSA lowers? Maybe I should get one and throw on a good upper at a later time.

Posts: 1803 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
same email has a 8.5" 300 AAC blackout kit sans lower for $339... I don't have a .300 AAC B.... yet.

Peter

Posts: 89 | Location: Chesapeake, VA | Registered: September 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by saigonsmuggler:
How's the quality of these PSA lowers? Maybe I should get one and throw on a good upper at a later time.

Can't speak to the lower parts kit they use, but I've built on 3X SPA stripped lowers w/o a single issue. If I wanted another AR I'd do this deal in a heartbeat!

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve purchased several. The lowered are excellent, I see no difference with more expensive (stripped) lowers. The complete lowers and kits are good, but the trigger could be better. I dropped in a better trigger into the pistol, and the whole setup is still under 400 bucks. Mine shoots as well as my Bushmaster, but I’m no expert marksman. My main concern is covering my house, and “crowd pleasing” in a possible disturbance.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
These sales would be far more impressive if more of the items on their website were actually IN STOCK when the sales rolled around.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I went to checkout and that lower is now out of stock. Ah well...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Classic black lower for $99 is still in stock. Well, as of this moment...

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up one of their stripped lowers at their brick and mortar store in Mt. Pleasant last weekend for $49. Couldn't pass it up as it has the Ravenel Bridge and "Mt Pleasant" engraved on it (where I live). Also grabbed a 10.5" 5.56 upper with an M Lok rail for $269, BCG and charging handle included. Will put it on an SBR'd lower and take it to the range this weekend when I'm back in town. Not expecting anything but it to work just fine.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
Classic black lower for $99 is still in stock. Well, as of this moment...

Cool, thanks. Was able to grab it. Unfortunately the upper in the OP was then sold out so I went with the 1:7 Nitride Freedom Upper for $199. We'll call it a little gift for the wife. Wink

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by saigonsmuggler:

I have 3 and all have been flawless.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks all.. I went ahead and grabbed one.

Posts: 1803 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I couldn't help myself. I ordered the 14.7" CHF upper, a couple nickel coated BCGs, and 2 Romeo 5 dots.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post