SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    ATF: 423 million guns in America, 1.2 per person, 8.1 billion rounds of ammo a year
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ATF: 423 million guns in America, 1.2 per person, 8.1 billion rounds of ammo a year Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
That’s all well and good, but given the shenanigans engaged by the previous administration and the ATF under their direction, does it garner warm feelings of trust that adherence to procedure is inviolate in you? It does not in me.

My comment was only directed toward your "example"; easily explained. Trust is another thing entirely Big Grin

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8766 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
20 years? My recollection was that a gun store was required to keep their copies of the 4473 indefinitely.

When the store closed the paper copies had to be sent to the ATF.

Can someone confirm?

Posts: 2132 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris42:
20 years? My recollection was that a gun store was required to keep their copies of the 4473 indefinitely.

When the store closed the paper copies had to be sent to the ATF.

Can someone confirm?

27 CFR reads “retain for not less than 20 years of the date of sale or disposition”

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post