SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Unsophisticated dogs ride in the bed of a truck...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unsophisticated dogs ride in the bed of a truck... Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted
The rest of us ride inside, with air conditioning, on our oh so comfy bed. Six hours from Charleston South Carolina to home. No problem! Wake me up when we get there Smile

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Looks comfy.
But he probably wouldn't ride in a truck that hasn't been properly detailed...

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24573 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
I drove a loose 8 year old cat 2400 miles in 2014. After the shock of being in a moving car dissipated (six or seven hours) she lay on the seat next to me under a blanket and slept near-nonstop for the final 36 hours.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Much safer for them in the cab. In the bed they can jump out unless tethered, which in turn is a possible strangulation hazard, or get thrown out in a crash.

They seem pretty well behaved. Some dogs will stand on your balls in order to get a better look out the driver's window.

Posts: 28644 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Our girl travels well.

-----------------
Silenced on the net, Just like Trump

Posts: 578 | Location: SUX | Registered: May 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Indeed she does

my dog Pluto would lay with his head on my lap and as soon as I would get out (for gas and such) he would sit in the drivers seat.

People would just look at him.....I would joke "well he's the sober one"

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Hereitic!

Posts: 24212 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
Is his name Fred?

Posts: 3046 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
My current lab would much prefer in the cab to in the bed of my truck. The lab that we lost in January, would have barked his fool head off if forced into the cab. The bed was the greatest place on earth for him. I miss that old guy.

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1797 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
I guess my dog can be classified as sophisticated. He routinely rides in the truck with me, although he's usually contained in a kennel. No biggie, his kennels are quite comfy and he loves them. Keeps the hair off of the rest of the interior for the other sophisticates.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
That Rottie I had LOVED to ride in the truck.

He behaved himself and sat on the passenger side like a gentleman while we were moving, but would scoot over into the driver's seat as soon as I got out.

Got more than one laugh from passers-by when I'd go to get back in the truck and tell him to "Move over, I'm driving!"

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15487 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
We fold up the rear seat of our 2013 Ram 2500 CC and basically made a mattress for our Cane Corso, She loves going on truck/car rides. Don't hear a whimper from her even when we drive from CO to FLA, great travel dog.

Posts: 2338 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost, but making
good time
posted Hide Post
Otis likes to ride shotgun

when he not modeling dog seat covers

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

Posts: 10458 | Location: St Augustine | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blindref:
when he not modeling dog seat covers
Otis always puts a big smile on my face. He's got to be a character. Smile

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 28644 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3123 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
Much safer for them in the cab. In the bed they can jump out unless tethered, which in turn is a possible strangulation hazard, or get thrown out in a crash.

I can always tell when the snowbirds are in town. They all (or most) have cattle dogs riding in their bed, or even worse, on top of a replacement bed or toolbox with no sides. I will say all of the dogs I've seen riding this way, tethered or not, seem to know their "place" and stay there. Still, though, you would never see one of our dogs being allowed to do that.

Posts: 10874 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post