SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ever witness/participate in a bar fight?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ever witness/participate in a bar fight? Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I was in a place one time, and got this on the cell phone:

Oh shit! That may be the greatest thing I’ve seen this year!

Shortest bar fight scene ever.

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
was with a group of guys going Whitewater rafting,

6-7 of us fell up in this little hole in the wall strip joint/pool hall in Beaver WVa (sugar shack)

lady that ran the place spotted us as tourist and told us all 2 drink minimum,

not a problem as long as we can have more than 2 was the answer

we went into the backroom where the stripper pole was ,
6-7 of us, and 2 locals on the other side,

after a few moments the 2 girls working the runway and pole were paying more attention to us tourist, since were tossing out dollars,

locals were glaring at us, one stood up then sat down,

a few moments later some bouncer dude stopped by to see them while the host brought us another round,

dudes were gone (we were distracted by titties and beer)

when we left, maybe an hour later, local dudes were sitting on the sidewalk, bruised and a bit bloody,

seems the lady did not want the locals beating on us tourists, so the locals got mouthy and got a beat down,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Witnessed an epic bar fight in Bremerhaven, Germany in '91. It was literally like a scene out of a movie with the whole damn place fighting each other, braking chairs over heads, smashing bottles over heads, it was utter chaos. I never really understood exactly what went down....managed to crawl out unscathed.

Posts: 1967 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
All these stories are amazing.

I played in a polka band for years, dances where there might be 600 couples, back when Texas was a bring your own bottle state, lots of beer drinkers, some teens, some oldsters, too. In more than 5 years, hundreds of these all over Texas from Laredo to Dallas, San Antonio to Houston, there was never a single fight. Most halls had one or more uniformed deputies on hand but no trouble.

Um....it's polka.....like expecting the Bubble man to take a swing at one of his singers.

Or Mr. Roger's choking out Mr. Mcfeely...

One of my own involved me hiding under the table with bar girls in TDC S. Korea, I was short and saw no reason to end up on the blotter.....still got hit, hit someone with a table and luckily was ushered out the back by the girls.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I played in a polka band for years, dances where there might be 600 couples, back when Texas was a bring your own bottle state, lots of beer drinkers, some teens, some oldsters, too. In more than 5 years, hundreds of these all over Texas from Laredo to Dallas, San Antonio to Houston, there was never a single fight. Most halls had one or more uniformed deputies on hand but no trouble.

I bet you have a Myron Floren poster? MG

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My three brothers and my cousin got into a big bar fight on a St. Patrick's day ~35 years ago. I wasn't around (I was in the USAF at the time, and away from home). Occasionally, when I'm together with my brothers, I ask them about it. It's an entertaining story.

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I was sort of in (under) a bar fight... on a bus. Big Grin

A friend's parents spent a bit time at a local bar that did lots of outings as a group. I got invited to go along on a group trip to a major league baseball game. The bar was owned by a man with three sons. Two by birth, one adopted. Well apparently after a long day at the ballpark, many beers, 20 plus years of animosity came spilling out on the charter bus in the form of yelling, cursing and repeated fisticuffs. As I recall there were 3 or 4 seperate exchanges of pushing and punches, spread out over the hour long drive. All of them happening directly over top of my friend and I who could do little more than cover up and try not to get hit.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by midwest guy:
quote:

I don’t have a poster, but I did play tuba for Floren at Wurstfest several years back in the day. He played with a drummer and me.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
btw , all 25 fights were over some woman,
only one fight was not

quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Fun fact:
after at least 2 dozen bar fights ,
Ive never seen one, that didn't involve a female, every single time some female had a large part in the mess

quote:
Originally posted by cas:
Bar fight... as one to avoid both, I was going to say no.

But I remembered being "in" a bus fight. In as in underneath. It was a bus trip to a ball game from a local bar, so it was almost a bar fight. Smile The bar owner had three sons, two biological and one adopted. Well after many drinks at the stadium, apparently 20 or so years animosity came pouring out, brother against brother, a confligration of historic levels. Wink There were at least four separate exchanged of punches between these three guys over the course of the trip, every time directly over my friend and I. It was all we could do to cover our heads and try not to get hit. They'd break them up and 15-20 minutes later they'd be cursing and punch again. How we managed to not get seriously hurt in the mix is beyond me.

quote:
Originally posted by cas:
I was sort of in (under) a bar fight... on a bus. Big Grin

A friend's parents spent a bit time at a local bar that did lots of outings as a group. I got invited to go along on a group trip to a major league baseball game. The bar was owned by a man with three sons. Two by birth, one adopted. Well apparently after a long day at the ballpark, many beers, 20 plus years of animosity came spilling out on the charter bus in the form of yelling, cursing and repeated fisticuffs. As I recall there were 3 or 4 seperate exchanges of pushing and punches, spread out over the hour long drive. All of them happening directly over top of my friend and I who could do little more than cover up and try not to get hit.

... Is there an echo in here? Big Grin

(This is what happens when someone bumps a thread that's over a year old. Wink )

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I shoulda had my butt handed to me too many times and I can't explain why it never happened. Probably would have done me some good. Last fight I had I'm about twenty, my brother came at me, I split his lip, fight over.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by midwest guy:
quote:

I don’t have a poster, but I did play tuba for Floren at Wurstfest several years back in the day. He played with a drummer and me.
. I was subjected to him and the rest of L Welks cast as a young boy by my paternal grandfather ! MG

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I worked in a bar, so yeah, a few times.

Also was the judge of a wet t-shirt contest, but that's a different thread. . .

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I've witnessed several bar fights in my younger years, but never been in one.

However, my house in college used to throw a 20+ keg party every fall, and I worked the door several years. I had been hitting the weight room 5 days a week and had went from 170 to 195. One of the guys who grew up in the area was a dumbass and put a guy on the guest list who was known for getting in fights at parties and he was about 225 lbs of muscle. Sure enough, he started a fight and one guy got him to the stairwell (stairs going up) and I joined in trying to pull him up the stairs and out the side door (side door was 4 steps above ground level which is important for late in story). He locked his arms on the walls and legs on the steps and the two of us couldn't budge him. Fortunately, one of the guys in the house was an athletic training major currently on a football rotation, had befriended several players, and we had several linemen in attendance. One of the linemen was a 6'-7", 320 lb sophomore (still growing) saw what was happening, picked the guy up like a football, carried him up the flight of stairs, and threw him out the side door like a Frisbee. Dude must've flown 15 to 20 feet before landing hard and wisely decided not to go back for seconds.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post