SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ever witness/participate in a bar fight?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ever witness/participate in a bar fight? Login/Join 
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Bar fight... as one to avoid both, I was going to say no.

But I remembered being "in" a bus fight. In as in underneath. It was a bus trip to a ball game from a local bar, so it was almost a bar fight. Smile The bar owner had three sons, two biological and one adopted. Well after many drinks at the stadium, apparently 20 or so years animosity came pouring out, brother against brother, a confligration of historic levels. Wink There were at least four separate exchanged of punches between these three guys over the course of the trip, every time directly over my friend and I. It was all we could do to cover our heads and try not to get hit. They'd break them up and 15-20 minutes later they'd be cursing and punch again. How we managed to not get seriously hurt in the mix is beyond me.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was in San Antonio visiting my brother who was a 1st Lt and 5th Degree Black Belt. We went to a pretty nice bar and grill for dinner with a bunch of his fellow pilots. After two hours one of his friends stands up and says, "This is a 5th Degree Black Belt and he can kick the ass of anyone who wants it kicked..."

A few minutes later there were guys standing in line. The owner came over and asked us to leave. It went pretty well until we were unlocking the door to his car.

He proved his buddy right. In short order there were three guys sitting on the ground holding various parts of their bodies and moaning.

I was impressed.

____

I'm filled with gratitude for the blessings I've received.

Posts: 707 | Location: So Cal | Registered: September 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
To help pay bills during college I was a bouncer at a country bar. I was involved in a few altercations but nothing too bad. After a while it gets old watching drunk people do stupid things.

I still to this day can't figure out why after a guy would rough up or hit his date, we would grab the guy to throw him out and the girl would attack us.

Posts: 1218 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
Big Swede, ask Sisco if he remembers Whitey and Bob, and Goldie, Darwin, and Frank H. Jeez, that sure brings back a lot of memories at the Silver Rail bar. It was a good time down at the "corners".

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shoevb:
I still to this day can't figure out why after a guy would rough up or hit his date, we would grab the guy to throw him out and the girl would attack us.

'Cuz blood is thicker than water...

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by germandogs:

I quit hanging out with him.

Great thread. It came up when I did a search for something else this morning.

I have a similar experience to what other folks have said: I parted ways with my best friend because he liked to get into fights. One day we're driving and he pulls into a forest preserve where a lot of bikers hung out. Without saying a word, he hits the brakes, jumps out of the car, and starts going at it with a biker who was standing there. Turns out these two had some bad blood over a girl and, without saying anything, my fried had gone to the forest preserve looking for this guy. Soon, some of the biker's friends join in, and so I had to jump in as well. But there was only two of us and about 10 of them. We were lucky to get out of there without any serious damage. However, that was the day I decided I didn't want to be friends with this guy anymore.

But, the funniest bar *fight* involved a couple of other friends. One friend was not big, but was a wrestler and was incredibly strong. However, he was pretty mellow though and it took a lot for him to lose his temper. We're in one of those corner bars that you used to see all over the south side of Chicago one night, and some drunk is trying to start a fight with my wrestler friend. My friend is doing his best to ignore the drunk, but the guy won't let up. So, my other friend, who was a pretty big guy, steps in and says to the drunk: "You know, I could whip you pretty easily. But, I would never get into a fight with this guy because he could kick my ass with one arm tied behind his back. So, why are you messing with him?" To our amazement, the drunk says "Oh" and leaves. Razz

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CoolRich59,

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6403 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kampfhamster
posted Hide Post
One of my talents since my younger days when I would frequent bars more often was that I could spot trouble really fast.

More then once I had the sudden urge to leave after "trouble" arrived and was only told afterwards that I had missed all the fighting.

Only once I got into a fight at a party where I couldn't avoid it. Tried to get away from that really drunken guy, tried to deescalate, didn't work.

Pepperspray finally took care of him.

Other then that: no, I'm a pacifist at heart and there's nothing to lose anyway.

The citizen watches the watchman, not the taxpayer.

Posts: 765 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: September 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I was in a place one time, and got this on the cell phone:

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="408" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Jl4ButVeOUQ" width="725"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Oh shit! That may be the greatest thing I’ve seen this year!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12329 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
A few but the most memorable was also the shortest.
Law school rented a bar, not the whole thing. The bar was 2 rooms, our room had a pool table and ping pong or something and they put a bunch of tables in to fit our crowd, for an end of year party. They shoved long tables end to end and butted them against the window. So we have like 30 people crammed into this table and another 20 or so at the table behind us etc, there are about 4 rows of this. All mostly law school nerds, drinking beer and getting drunk as hell.

Some guy squeezes in to the middle of the row and starts chatting up my buddies girlfriend. He is sitting right next to her. We tell him its a school thing and to take a hike, no harm no foul have a good night. Well he starts in again on her, and the boyfriend, Marco we will call him, he tells the guy to scram.

So the guy stands up and leans over the table talking shit (he is literally in the middle of 100 of us) and Marco, all slow like, starts to ease up from his chair, then he grabs the guy behind the neck and the jumps up head butting the guy in the face. CRACK, dude hits the floor in a millisecond, blood friggin everywhere, law school folks run like roaches from the trouble except me standing next to this clown. A security guys runs over gets him up and walks him out.

We slip Marco out in a hurry none of us can afford a police incident 3 months before we take the bar exam. No one saw shit officer!

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5132 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
a few years ago I was having a drink with a friend when two mid-60's men at the bar get to jawing at one another over something. one asks the other to step outside and then, after a few more words, one of them pops the other right in the lip with a stiff jab, knocking him down. a few minutes later they came back in and sat on opposite sides of the u-shaped bar and resumed their drinking.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ubelongoutside:
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
Most entertaining was a restaurant fight, summer 1969.

My friend, a few years older than me called and said he was picking me up, his father needed to move some cars that night. His dad was in the salvage and used car business. Gordy shows up with five others, we are riding in his mother's 68 Electra coupe. Went to Canton Township, a truck stop at Michigan Avenue and Belleville Road.

Gordy pulls up in front of the double entrance doors, yellow striped no parking, his famous line was "specially reserved for me", I'm sitting in the right front seat. Just as he puts the car into park, out flies this big guy backwards and lands on the hood of the Electra. In a instant out comes Gordy's dad running, probably mid 50's, short fat balding guy with wire rim glasses. To look at him he was nothing, looked like a meek old guy, I had heard that he was a force not to be messed with by a couple of my ex bosses in gas stations.

He then grabs this guy by the collar and starts pounding on him, bouncing his head off the hood of the car. Now after four or five punches, this guy is bleeding on the hood of this white car while Gordy's dad is yelling "you're bleeding on my car" while he punches the guy a couple of more times. Guy then falls to the ground, Gordy's dad then says "follow me, let's move cars". Seems this guy had worked for him and was stealing batteries and radiators out of some of the cars that were stored at his friend's lot. He had been looking for him had the guy had just happened into the restaurant at the wrong time. He wanted to move the cars before they were further stripped or now vandalized after the whooping this guy took.

Gordy's dad died about eight or nine months later of a heart attack. That guy, as long as you were straight with him, you were ok, but if you tried to pull one over on him you did not have a second chance as well evidenced.

There used to be a truck stop at Michigan ave and Belleville? It's suburbia now. All restaurants and shopping centers. I frequent the Home Depot there.

Yep, southeast corner.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8100 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

I know the guy at the bar is Wee Man from Jackass, so I was expecting something funny. But I totally lost it when the "little cops" came running in!

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
I flew on United Airlines once.
Big Grin

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15227 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
Start, stop, instigate, participate, manage....

Then I figured out that getting punched in the face hurts!

Thought I was a tough-guy when I got out of Active Duty, and bounced / bartended at the 4:00am bar where all the other bars close at 2:00am. We got everyone else's problem children!

A few good times in some south & west side ghetto bars as a cop.

In my impetuous youth, I hung around with a lot of strippers... they're always good for starting a fight or two, amongst other things.

Decided to bounce again at a club out in the far west suburbs. (Walter Payton was part owner) did it for a summer. (Sometimes I miss being single)
That was where I saw the BEST bar fight ever!
About 90+degrees out. Rich suburban chicks in sundresses and short-shorts / t-shirts... they got into the argument inside tbe club, and were told to leave.

Fistfight started out in the parking lot. About 9 women going at it. Hair pulling, grabbing shirts/dreses... naked tits & ass all over the place! Did ya know that some ladies don't wear much in the ways of underwear when it's that hot out! Wink
Every guy in that bar watched with glee!

Best bar fight ever!

I’m thinking that was the Pacific club,in Lombard?

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
Was hanging out in a friend's front yard during the Feast of the Assumption. A group of Case Western Reserve students walked past and a friend of mine hit on a girl saying something like "hey baby" or whatever. Boyfriend trots over yelling some shit, saying you don't know who I am, who my dad is, blah blah blah. They leave.

Five minute later a huge pickup truck that daddy bought this kid drives over the curb into my friend's front yard and 6 or so guys jump out. Big mistake. None of us were exceptionally large guys, but none of us were in college, we all went to a shitty inner ring high school, we all worked in the flats back when the flats was a thing in Cleveland, and we could handle ourselves. After beating the crap out of them and basically destroying the truck, an angry Italian neighbor came out with a pump shotgun and dispersed all of us.

Second thing happened to my friend's grandpa and his dad. They were sitting in a shitty bar in the backwoods of PA during deer season when a man came in with a rifle and straight blasted a guy out of his bar stool. He then set the rifle down on the bar and told the bartender to call the cops, he'll wait. Turns out that the shooter's sister was married to the victim and was abusing her. The brother wasn't going to let it continue.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Kitzingen Germany. 1964 & 1965. The Charlie Bar. 1st Battalion 64th Armor versus 1st Battalion 15th Infantry. Every weekend. Usually ended up involving broken beer bottles and knives.
After a couple Friday nights, I found a better place to drink.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by midwest guy:
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG

I’m thinking that was the Pacific club,in Lombard?

Yes sir.

Fun times...

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8342 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Nope, never. Never been in a Bar. Never been in no fight. I was home all night. I ain't never seen that guy before in my life... that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
All these stories are amazing.

I played in a polka band for years, dances where there might be 600 couples, back when Texas was a bring your own bottle state, lots of beer drinkers, some teens, some oldsters, too. In more than 5 years, hundreds of these all over Texas from Laredo to Dallas, San Antonio to Houston, there was never a single fight. Most halls had one or more uniformed deputies on hand but no trouble.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post