SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ever witness/participate in a bar fight?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ever witness/participate in a bar fight? Login/Join 
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
yes and yes. I was a sailor who paid my rent by the glass, what do you expect?

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19582 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by greco:
I managed the worse skid row bar in Flint, Michigan in 1972 and 1973 to pay my school expenses. Every bum, low life Son of a Bitch, loser, hustler, pimp, and jail birds who just got released from the county jail hung out there. I averaged 2 fights a night on weekdays and 4 or 5 on weekend nights. My cousin just came home from 'Nam, and I hired him to share the fun. I have a whole lot of stories to tell, including shootings, stabbings, fights with motorcycle guys, and even guys armed with cycle chains. To this day, when it's cold out the scars on my hands and arms stand out in living color.

You might know my dad, Cowboy, Swede or Sisco. Flint Police

Been in a few, Schweinfurt, Darmstadt, GE. Salinas,CA and surrounding areas

Posts: 5299 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes been in a few, came out the winner in some, loser in others. Once when working as a pharmacist I had a drunk come in with a prescription for a pretty strong pain pill, in his drunken state the combination could have been deadly so I told him that I would not fill his Rx. This was close to closing time. When I went out to get in my truck the drunk was there with a tire iron, he was about 120 pounds soaking wet and drunk as a bicycle. He came up to me and informed me that I was going to fill his damn Rx. He drew back with the tire iron which put him off balance, I punched him as hard as I could right on the chin, went down like a sack of spuds, out cold. Got in my truck headed home. Never heard another thing about it.

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Strangely
Persuasive Monster
Picture of Swain0351
posted Hide Post
I worked behind a bar for years in college & grad school. I always hated when people got into fights.

That said, I've been in my share of bar fights. Significantly less frequent these days.

"Arguing with a fool is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, shit on the board, and strut around like it's victorious." ~Anonymous

Posts: 10359 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was in a bar in china a few years ago and a fight broke out, I ducked and made Ann line for the door because one of the guys was throwing pool balls.

The Chinese love to brag about their 5000 years of history but they love fighting and never fight fair. It's common for 2 people to get into it on the street, then one of them will call his friends and like 7 guys show up and beat down one guy.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Yep ,japan, hong kong, san fran, dago.
Came back to the ship in a paddy wagon a couple times also.
I grew up in south Georgia and lived on a farm next to a damn cotton mill.
I had to learn to fight or get my ass beat,that only happened a couple times

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Always thought this was a good old school bar brawl. Witnessed it on tv.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8504 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Oldrider
posted Hide Post
I rode with a couple of M.C.'s; so yes I got to watch some and get into some. With the exception of little guys with big mouths and drunks who weren't fit to walk much less fight, I've come to the conclusion both sides neither win or lose.
I'm now 68+ and am too old to roll in the floor.

Posts: 360 | Location: Outinthesticks | Registered: October 08, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope and nope. I'm kinda surprised, since I used to work in bars all the time when I was a sound guy (although mostly nicer places, so maybe that's why).

Although, come to think of it, as it was told to me, I almost got punched by the lead vocalist in the band once...
I'd gone out on stage to fix an issue with his mic. I did my thing, started to turn to walk back off stage, and, out of nowhere, he bear-hugs me! When I got back to monitor world, the whole crew was rolling on the floor laughing. Apparently he'd been blinded by all the lights, didn't see where I'd come from or who I was, and was winding up for a throw-down when he realized who I was and decided to go for the hug instead. And I was so focused on the mic issue that I hadn't noticed how he was reacting.

So that's my almost bar fight story Big Grin

Those who forget the pasta are condemned to reheat it.

Posts: 1552 | Location: SF Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sleepla8er:

I avoided getting dragged into the one bar fight I ever saw between some rather large bikers down in Texas.

As the fight was going down, the lead singer of the band started playing "Slight Night" on his guitar. After he sang a few of the lyrics, the bikers just stopped at stared at him ~ Fight was over lol

The year was 1987 and the singer was Travis Tritt before he hit it big.

That is a good story right there. You take the cake tonight !

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8634 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
My partner and I were called to the municipal bar to remove one. We entered the bar to see this humongous biker 6'8" running north of 300lbs. He is sitting at the bar. The bartender is off to the side pointing to King Kong in leathers. I will call him Andre. He is sitting at the bar flicking bar glasses that he has line up since he began drinking off the bar top making them hit the bar counter 4ft away. We approach him and advise him he needs to leave the bar. He looks at me and my partner and says "Who's going to make me?" I turn to my partner who is 50 lbs lighter then me and say, "Do you want me to hold your coat?". The biker looks at us and begins to laugh so hard his demeanor changed right then and there. He left without incident.

That is one bar fight we were glad never happened. But yes I have seen and been in some all while working.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4810 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sig Forum Smart-Ass
Picture of Rotndad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
quote:
Originally posted by greco:
I managed the worse skid row bar in Flint, Michigan in 1972 and 1973 to pay my school expenses. Every bum, low life Son of a Bitch, loser, hustler, pimp, and jail birds who just got released from the county jail hung out there. I averaged 2 fights a night on weekdays and 4 or 5 on weekend nights. My cousin just came home from 'Nam, and I hired him to share the fun. I have a whole lot of stories to tell, including shootings, stabbings, fights with motorcycle guys, and even guys armed with cycle chains. To this day, when it's cold out the scars on my hands and arms stand out in living color.

You might know my dad, Cowboy, Swede or Sisco. Flint Police

Been in a few, Schweinfurt, Darmstadt , GE. Salinas,CA and surrounding areas

What unit, which Kaserne, and when were you there? I was in C Co, 44th Sig Bn (NOT 440th :-)), Cambrai Fritsch Kaserne from 04 Aug 1985- 10 Jan 1990.

Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force, but through persistence.
-Ovid

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Posts: 10192 | Location: Land O Lakes, FLA | Registered: June 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
1964-65 Kitzingen Germany, Charlie Bar. 1/15 Infantry vs 1/64 Armor. Minimum of twice a week.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
^^^^^Haha, throw in the 3/4 Cav, the 10th Engineers, 5/41 FA and the 308th FSB and you have a typical Saturday night at the Lower Cavern Club, Conn Barracks, Schweinfurt. I worked with both of those units in Schweinfurt '92-'95. The rest of the ones I mentioned simply made the fights more well rounded.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I worked as a bouncer for about 3 years in one of the most popular clubs in my city back when I was around 21. I saw and was involved in all kinds of fights every single weekend. I saw everything from a "simple" fight to bottles broken over heads to a full riot. The full riot was the one and only time the club let two fraternities rent out the club and they broke out into a fight. We could not stop the fight and could only push them all out of the club to fight in the street for the police to show up and break up. That was a crazy job where fights always happened and your job was to jump into the fight and grab people who didn't care you worked for the club. I have crazy memories beyond the fights and wouldn't change it, but I would never do it again. I don't even go to clubs anymore.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
I worked as a bouncer for about 3 years in one of the most popular clubs in my city back when I was around 21. I saw and was involved in all kinds of fights every single weekend. I saw everything from a "simple" fight to bottles broken over heads to a full riot. The full riot was the one and only time the club let two fraternities rent out the club and they broke out into a fight. We could not stop the fight and could only push them all out of the club to fight in the street for the police to show up and break up. That was a crazy job where fights always happened and your job was to jump into the fight and grab people who didn't care you worked for the club. I have crazy memories beyond the fights and wouldn't change it, but I would never do it again. I don't even go to clubs anymore.

See my post on previous page. I never want to see what I saw that night again. Frat vs Frat fight at 2AM drunk is some scary shit. I am surprised no one lost their lives or brains.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Start, stop, instigate, participate, manage....

Then I figured out that getting punched in the face hurts!

Thought I was a tough-guy when I got out of Active Duty, and bounced / bartended at the 4:00am bar where all the other bars close at 2:00am. We got everyone else's problem children!

A few good times in some south & west side ghetto bars as a cop.

In my impetuous youth, I hung around with a lot of strippers... they're always good for starting a fight or two, amongst other things.

Decided to bounce again at a club out in the far west suburbs. (Walter Payton was part owner) did it for a summer. (Sometimes I miss being single)
That was where I saw the BEST bar fight ever!
About 90+degrees out. Rich suburban chicks in sundresses and short-shorts / t-shirts... they got into the argument inside tbe club, and were told to leave.

Fistfight started out in the parking lot. About 9 women going at it. Hair pulling, grabbing shirts/dreses... naked tits & ass all over the place! Did ya know that some ladies don't wear much in the ways of underwear when it's that hot out! Wink
Every guy in that bar watched with glee!

Best bar fight ever!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8320 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
Start, stop, instigate, participate, manage....

Then I figured out that getting punched in the face hurts!

Thought I was a tough-guy when I got out of Active Duty, and bounced / bartended at the 4:00am bar where all the other bars close at 2:00am. We got everyone else's problem children!

A few good times in some south & west side ghetto bars as a cop.

In my impetuous youth, I hung around with a lot of strippers... they're always good for starting a fight or two, amongst other things.

Decided to bounce again at a club out in the far west suburbs. (Walter Payton was part owner) did it for a summer. (Sometimes I miss being single)
That was where I saw the BEST bar fight ever!
About 90+degrees out. Rich suburban chicks in sundresses and short-shorts / t-shirts... they got into the argument inside tbe club, and were told to leave.

Fistfight started out in the parking lot. About 9 women going at it. Hair pulling, grabbing shirts/dreses... naked tits & ass all over the place! Did ya know that some ladies don't wear much in the ways of underwear when it's that hot out! Wink
Every guy in that bar watched with glee!

Best bar fight ever!

I used to be a bouncer in college so I have been ina few. Got my tires slashed after I threw a guy out once. Pretty much roadhouse

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Most entertaining was a restaurant fight, summer 1969.

My friend, a few years older than me called and said he was picking me up, his father needed to move some cars that night. His dad was in the salvage and used car business. Gordy shows up with five others, we are riding in his mother's 68 Electra coupe. Went to Canton Township, a truck stop at Michigan Avenue and Belleville Road.

Gordy pulls up in front of the double entrance doors, yellow striped no parking, his famous line was "specially reserved for me", I'm sitting in the right front seat. Just as he puts the car into park, out flies this big guy backwards and lands on the hood of the Electra. In a instant out comes Gordy's dad running, probably mid 50's, short fat balding guy with wire rim glasses. To look at him he was nothing, looked like a meek old guy, I had heard that he was a force not to be messed with by a couple of my ex bosses in gas stations.

He then grabs this guy by the collar and starts pounding on him, bouncing his head off the hood of the car. Now after four or five punches, this guy is bleeding on the hood of this white car while Gordy's dad is yelling "you're bleeding on my car" while he punches the guy a couple of more times. Guy then falls to the ground, Gordy's dad then says "follow me, let's move cars". Seems this guy had worked for him and was stealing batteries and radiators out of some of the cars that were stored at his friend's lot. He had been looking for him had the guy had just happened into the restaurant at the wrong time. He wanted to move the cars before they were further stripped or now vandalized after the whooping this guy took.

Gordy's dad died about eight or nine months later of a heart attack. That guy, as long as you were straight with him, you were ok, but if you tried to pull one over on him you did not have a second chance as well evidenced.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TLP888
posted Hide Post
I got into a fight in a resort bar in the Cayman Islands.

I was dancing with a girl, who I knew very well, and this guy pushed me out of the way to "cut in".

I pushed him back, and he crashed into a nearby table, and the rest is a blur. I gave a few and I took a few, but in the end, I walked back to the condo with the girl that the whole thing was over.

Posts: 225 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: May 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post