SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do you fill the basin to wash your face?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you fill the basin to wash your face? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
I also call it a sink, not a basin... Big Grin

Kitchen sink, bathroom basin are the correct technical terms...

Posts: 916 | Location: SE-PA | Registered: August 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
I wash my face with soap only in the morning shower - after that it's just a splash of water and towel dry throughout the day to get refreshed. I have a beard but shave my head and neck every 3 days - head in the shower and neck with water running in what Kohler and American Standard call a sink.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
No. I don't do that.

I do like you do.

And I shave in the shower.

This! Real men splash Big Grin

Posts: 4411 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
I do not. Seems like more of a waste of H20 and likely not as hygienic.

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
Ew! I wouldn't do that! The basin is for washing your junk!

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Never.

Q

Posts: 26388 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I shower, then I shave. I put my shaving mug in the sink, and fill the sink with hot water.

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
The last time I did it, the mirror steamed up and there was a message written there. It said " look behind you", that was the last time I did that!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
When I use to sell hardware in a retail store, black folks, and only black folks, would often refer to the bathroom sink/basin as a "facebowl."

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Never. I shave (head and face) in the shower. If I ever need water on my face when not in the shower, I just cup my hands and splash water from the faucet.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
My valet makes up a basin at just the right temperature.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
People spit in my basin, so no.

They're also just the right height for a urinal.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Skeptic
Picture of Mike the Texan
posted Hide Post
Yes.

Posts: 220 | Location: Near a white sand beach. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
It's a basin because the tool is called a "basin wrench"

As for Rusbro - strangely shaped junk if he can get it over the counter and down in the "basin" while both feet are still on the floor...

Although - I suppose - he could be laying full out on the countertop.... Much easier to just get a shower.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I've got a toilet, a sink and a tub. No basin in this place.

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I wash my face and shave in the shower. So no.

quote:
Originally posted by SBrooks:
As for Rusbro - strangely shaped junk if he can get it over the counter and down in the "basin" while both feet are still on the floor...

I've heard tell that some folks can tie it in a knot or a bow, or throw it over their shoulder like a Continental soldier. So for those folks, getting it into the sink shouldn't be much of a challenge.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Dry Norelco shave, so no basins were harmed in the making of this post

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15579 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
My Mom had a favorite funny whenever someone in the family was feeling queasy:

" Hasten, Jason, bring the basin!
Too late, bring the mop!"

Whoever was being sick didn't laugh immediately.

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why, when there's already a full bowl you can use? Big Grin

Posts: 17145 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Running water only from the faucet. And I still want a bidet.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16091 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post