SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Today was a good day. I'll tell you about my good day and you tell me about yours.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Today was a good day. I'll tell you about my good day and you tell me about yours. Login/Join 
Tequila with lime
posted
Okay, I'll tell you about my good week. Work is going well. We issued construction documents for a medical center and made progress on a school. My kids are doing well despite the social isolation issues of COVID. They're getting along great together, growing closer and just growing. My oldest daughter is doing a great job helping out managing our toddler.

My kids are eager to shoot guns and are getting into it. Last weekend we burned up some .22. We will probably do that again tomorrow.

My wife and I are extremely proud of our kids and I am extremely grateful for her. She's been kicking ass at work and managing the kids while working from home during the Kung Flu apocalypse. I've had it easy since my office opened back up in mid May.

I shot a 3 gun match today so basically I spent the day hanging out with a bunch of incredibly nice, jovial gun nuts so that was awesome as always. I'm getting better at competition and my overall skills are improving a lot.

Overall, there are a lot of good things going on in my life. Tell us about the good things in your life. Let's hear about the kids and the wives, the projects and the wins.

Thank you President Trump.

Posts: 8366 | Location: KS, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Woke up with a migraine at 0445 , took two Tylenol and knocked myself out with Benadryl and woke up at noon with my head In better shape...

It’s been a good day since noon

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I had absolutely perfect weather for a road trip to deliver a tractor I sold.

Drove right to the place, never missed a turn (it wasn't quite the middle of nowhere, but you could see it from there...) and the guy was tickled with the tractor.

No issues at all with traffic, road conditions, truck or trailer AND I got 11.x MPG towing at interstate speeds!

All that and a cash infusion for the toy fund. Doesn't get much better than that.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Went out in the boat with my wife. Weather was perfect, water was warm. Shot a few fish and ate a great dinner - blackened grouper and hogfish that had been swimming a few hours earlier. Now I’m the kind of tired I really like.

Posts: 987 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I woke up and realized I had slept late (7:15 or so). Sold a few things on the internet. Painted some wheels. Bought a header panel that is impossible to find. When it was too hot I souped up the Black Selena and Mazinger Zero on Super Robot Wars. Finished a list of junk to buy for a store display, and maybe cleared enough to think about buying a gun tomorrow if the opportunity presents itself.

Wasn't able to get the 11+ MPG that PH got, but I didn't get a speeding ticket either. Wink

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
Drove 7 hours round trip and worked 5 hours there but got my daughter moved into her apartment for her senior year of college that starts next week.

Hot, sweaty, tired...but so worth it for her smile, hug and “thanks dad”

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6705 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redleg06
posted Hide Post
Slept in until almost 0800 and had a late breakfast. Played 3 hours of pickleball against some thirty something guys half our age and kicked butt. Note to self: it's too hot to play from 1130-1430 in Texas in August.

"Cedat Fortuna Peritis"

Posts: 1975 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought an Ultralight. Quicksilver MLX. Supposed to be real easy to fly. I have several hours in airplanes,I also have 710 skydives,so hopefully I’ll be ok.

Posts: 80 | Registered: December 11, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Really did NOT want to do my cardio exercises today, but sucked it up and did them anyway. Glad I did. Today starts my 4th month with no soda (Mt. Dew was my vice. The stuff is like liquid crack.) So I eliminated all that sugar, oil and other shit from my diet. And got the results of my annual PSA test today: 1.1. That's actually pretty good for a 70 year old. I'll be seeing the urologist in a few days for the visit, but a PSA that low for a guy my age is good news. So yeah, today was overall a good day.

Posts: 1042 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Stopped at Bi-Mart for some weed & feed. Did my usual lap around the gun/ammo counter and saw they had Glock 43 mags on sale for $19.99 so bought a couple.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
Woke up with a migraine at 0445 , took two Tylenol and knocked myself out with Benadryl and woke up at noon with my head In better shape...

It’s been a good day since noon

Same Here. Had migraine, took a prescription pill, 2 hours later, no migraine. Painted deck wood all day long.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Today was a good day. Woke up and was able to move around with next to no pain. (Day 5 after knee replacement). Able to get through today’s exercises with no issues. Made it through day with only one pain Med.

Posts: 921 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I had oatmeal

Posts: 107256 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Sold 2 rifles that I wasn't using anymore last weekend. Today I sold a shotgun barrel I also wasn't using. Tomorrow I'm selling a bunch of ball ammo that was part of my SHTF stock for one of the rifles I sold last week. The proceeds from all theses sales will go toward paying off credit card debt and a new .22LR bolt gun to use with the rimfire can I'm waiting on.

I had a bacon and egg sandwich.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
After literally 2 years of trying to find an electrician to rewire my cabin I do believe it is finally going to get done.
A good buddy has a good buddy that is a licensed electrician and told me to call him. Well he said he would likely be interested in doing the job.
So he made the 2 hour drive (one way) with me today to actually see what he would be getting into and looks like I am finally going to get this place rewired!! Sadly, it is going to cost a bit more than I had hoped for by a few thousand dollars but I really had no basis for what I was hoping it would cost.
The good part is it is going to be completely rewired by a fully licensed and insured electrician. My other buddy says this guy is top notch all around so I have no reason to believe otherwise.
It’s pretty amusing though as I hate the thought of ever having to go in the crawl space. Only been in it once and that was from the top after me and a fellow Sigforum member ripped the floor out. This guy has no qualms about hitting up the crawl space. Then I warned him about our bear and how he is rather curious and will come out and watch what is going on so I advised him to be a little mindful. His face was not too enthused about the idea of a bear hanging out, I kind of thought he might not take the job on. As for me the bear does not bother me in the slightest I kind of like knowing they are around.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had bacon and eggs. Mowed lawn. Worked on a rusted locked up Marlin 336. Played squeaky toy game with boxer. Posted on Sigforum...VI

Posts: 646 | Registered: July 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I sold a firearm here in Para’s classifieds to pay down some bills. Met a new friendly member. Then our fridge went tits up.... I just got back from Lowe’s. Big Grin

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and every one of them words rang true and glowed like burnin’ coal.
Picture of TannerBoyl
posted Hide Post
Well, my good day was yesterday.

I took the day off of work to take my father to a medical appointment. It went well. We spent some time hanging out and went to a local Hawaiian restaurant for Korean BBQ Beef for lunch.

Afterwards, I started receiving text messages from my employees congratulating me about the announcement for my promotion. I had known about it, but it hadn’t been Officially announced. That was nice to read some kind words.

Got the opportunity to coach someone who needed some guidance in their career. I think he will take my advice. He was very appreciative about me taking time to plan some things with him. He understood about a setback and is working to rebound.

I talked to my brother...just about brother things (guns, watches, and good things). It made me happy.

Had pizza for dinner and went on a nice long walk. Played with my dog.

In the evening, I had talked to some friends who were doing well. One just had a baby and another who found out that he will be a father.

I went to bed smiling and thanking God.

Posts: 4591 | Location: Redondo Beach, California | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
went crabbing at Newport Oregon in my boat and picked up 24 Dungeness crabs. here is half of them. it's just a blast to run around in the bay checking crab pots.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Today really was a great day!

We were up at 4:30 this morning and had a safe, uneventful haul of our horses over the mountain to what will be our new farm at the end of October. The horses settled in and we are settled in to an apartment we are renting until we close on the farm. Past several weeks have been hectic, with multiple trips moving farm equipment. Very glad to be here now with the countdown to October 30 ticking!

(We are going to paint the barn and small, 2 stall barn white with black trim)

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post