SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Today was a good day. I'll tell you about my good day and you tell me about yours.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Today was a good day. I'll tell you about my good day and you tell me about yours. Login/Join 
SIGforum's Berlin
Correspondent
Picture of BansheeOne
posted Hide Post
Finally saw my parents again after seven months of social long-range distancing. Checked out all that has been remodeled in the house and garden at home since I was last there on Christmas and my mother's trip to ICU. Terrible rain on the drive yesterday, but perfect weather today. Minus points for promptly forgetting to pack my CPAP machine after all that time of no travelling, and I feel a little chewed out after last night. Still a good day.

Posts: 2416 | Location: Berlin, Germany | Registered: April 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Woke up next to my high school girlfriend(we've been married for forty years.) I had a great breakfast. Lingered over tea for an hour on the back porch. Local crack dealer called, my 1911 had arrived. I did a non-contact FFL transfer in his parking lot. 1911 is a dream. Fit and finish perfect. Life is good.

Two things bring me to tears. The unconditional Love of God,the service of the United States Military,past,present,and future.

I would rather meet
a slick-sleeve private,
than a hollywood star!

Posts: 2339 | Registered: February 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
We walked around the woods and picked about 4 gallons of huckleberries.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Closed on our old house sale today! Bought new house during the start of the scamdemic and closed on it in May. Moved into the new house mid May and put the old house on the market by owner May 6th on Zillow. Then did a listing only deal to get it in MLS on June 1st. Didn’t have very much traffic at all. Held firm on the by owner as we had time to wait. Got an offer July 3rd and finally closed today. Sort of a nerve wracking time to be buying selling and moving but it all worked out. This will be a CG Day and year to remember that is for sure.

Posts: 1127 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got to attend a Glock armorer's course. Got to class and found out the instructor was Dennis Tueller. I gave been fortunate to have met him Louis Awebuck and Jeff Cooper.

JD

Posts: 390 | Location: Northern Colorado  | Registered: May 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Today marked exactly two weeks since a highly complex C-spine surgery. Two weeks is the first waypoint the surgeon points to on the way to recovery. No more opiates for pain management and a lessening of another side effect of the surgery that concerned me. Overall, on the mend and confident that in another month I’ll be in pretty good shape for the second half of the primary healing period. It was a good day.

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tequila with lime
posted Hide Post
I don't know about y'all but I'm fixing to have a great weekend. It'll be a lake trip with the kids and extended family. My kids are already there with the grandparents. We'll be joining them tomorrow.

Thank you President Trump.

Posts: 8366 | Location: KS, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Went to a local gunshop and bought 2 cases of 9mm ammo . They posted on Facebook for $237 / 1000 and I broke a land speed record getting there !

Posts: 4055 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post