SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Today was a good day. I'll tell you about my good day and you tell me about yours.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Today was a good day. I'll tell you about my good day and you tell me about yours. Login/Join 
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Imabmwnut:
I bought an Ultralight. Quicksilver MLX. Supposed to be real easy to fly. I have several hours in airplanes,I also have 710 skydives,so hopefully I’ll be ok.

Any formal training, or are ya just gonna wing it?

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10908 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got to sleep in a little.
Good breakfast and worked on a shotgun project that went great.... Good evening meal with sweetie and relaxing later evening... Thank you God for all your blessings...

Posts: 787 | Registered: April 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Today I didn’t even have to use my AK...I got to say it was a good day.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:

Hopefully you won the craps game and got the poonannie.....

Posts: 847 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wish I could. I'm 3 weeks into a wound care issue. Hopefully, soon....

Posts: 17139 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Well, things are pretty good around here.
My hernia surgery is healing well. Almost back to normal life.
My wife is amazing, awesome, beautiful, and my best friend.
I’m still employed, even though business is pretty slow.
I started a project at work to replace our time clocks and payroll system. It’s been a long path of checking everything multiple times, but tomorrow morning, all the employees start punching time on a Paylocity time clock.
I started building a speed bag platform for exercise. It has been fun to build and the last part of it will be done today. I have a friend coming over with a welder so we can get it finished.
So all in all, life is pretty great.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nothing hurts today.

"Dead Midgets Handled With No Questions Asked"

Posts: 687 | Registered: March 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by L90814:
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:

Hopefully you won the craps game and got the poonannie.....

I’m just glad someone got that reference. Smile

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BlackAgnes:
Nothing hurts today.

Oh my, then you did have a great day!!!

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Today is our 40th wedding anniversary and so far it's a good day. No special plans because of the covid BS.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sitting on the deck BSing with the wife. A great way to spend a Sunday.

Posts: 7546 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
Sitting on the deck BSing with the wife. A great way to spend a Sunday.

Agreed. Weather was perfect, warm but not hot, enough wind to keep the bugs away. And my son and his girlfriend dropped by for dinner on the patio.

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1494 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I had a great weekend. Got called into work for a few hours last night to help investigate a fire and explosion of a garage.

Spent most of the day today trying to get a pistol to zero out. Still shooting a couple inches high though. But, the weather was great none the less.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Three days ago,
We had three stops to make on errand day, in another town ,30 miles away.
( Kewanee, Il )

I was very apprehensive, on the ride over as two of the stops were at brick and mortar stores.
The retail
environment up in the big city has become a dismal and almost assuredly unpleasant experience.

The farm store was holding some waddcutter ammo for me to pick up.

The sporting goods mgr. was nice so all went well until I got to the check out at the front of the store,

In Illinois you must posess a card to buy ammo, mine had expired in June, but the state issued a 12 month extension , when covid hit.

The cashier had not received the memo.
I went to the car empty handed and called the store owner, and made him aware if the situation,
He called
The the store and got a memo off before
I could get out of the car and to the cashier

Problem solved ,spit spat.

Bonnie found the thread she needed, I got a few groceries at The Wal Mart.

A total stranger helped me find what I needed in the unfamiliar grocery area

After checking out at the self check out, I turned to the attendant and told her to have a great day,.

She and two customers turned and said( pretty much in unison )
" Thanks, you too "
Smile

Then we had a good lunch at the D.Q .

Took it easy on the way home, traffic on
the two Lane county roads were very light.

Watched the wind turbines whirl,
Saw a lot of good looking corn and beans.

Saw great numbers of Simpsons cloud formations.

So on the "good day" scale, I'd give it about a 7 3/4.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54603 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
Had Turkey Sausage and Egg Bagel for Breakfast with the wife.
went to Church and for a late Dinner we had flatbread pizza made at home and just hung out with my wife the rest of Afternoon .Now that it is Evening we are Having some Makers Mark and 7UP
It was good Day

Posts: 1600 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Out on our boat for vacation. Found safe harbor yesterday prior to a big blow that could’ve put us in harm’s way. My son found another friend to play with all day out here in the islands. Ended up warm and sunny with everyone tucked in safe tonight. Love boating vacations- you tend to make new friends every day.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5306 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
If I could choose one of those lives, I think I’d take BamaJeepster’s.

We are spending a lot of time taking care of our (usually) delightful two-year-old granddaughter at our place, while our daughter and her husband get their house fixed up in anticipation of another granddaughter due in less than a month.

It’s wonderful to have such bundles of joy in our life now, although if they had arrived 20 year ago we would have been much more able to keep up with them.

Posts: 18044 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 9mmnut
posted Hide Post
Took wife shopping and to dinner. She deserved it.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Southern ,Mi. | Registered: October 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
I took my wife to the range!

She had not been in a long time...

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Peteroniman
posted Hide Post
won a sig 716i, last night
so there's that...

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed.
For after all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog.”
― Charles M. Schulz

Posts: 2012 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: June 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post