SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Have we entered the Twilight Zone? Proposal to ban bullet-resistant glass in Philly
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Have we entered the Twilight Zone? Proposal to ban bullet-resistant glass in Philly Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
quote:
Originally posted by 64dodge:
The level of stupidity on display here is staggering. Mere words cannot describe it.

I don’t believe this is based upon stupidity. IMO it’s based upon an agenda. And guys like SF members are not part of the agenda.

Yep.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DrDan:...Pass the bill and watch the businesses move to just outside city limits.

Which makes perfect sense for business, but there will be screams of racism because of it.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DrDan:
Pass the bill and watch the businesses move to just outside city limits.

Bingo!

Then her constituents will have no stores to enter in which they might be exposed to "indignity."

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
When all the convenience stores, banks, and check cashing places move out of the dangerous neighborhoods, she'll complain that is racism, too.

What about property rights? The 5th Amendment - the right to do with one's property what one wishes? Like build bullet-proof barriers.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Probably under a lot of pressure from her constituents wanting the right to earn a living...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
The vast majority of violent crimes are committed by Democrats.

She is simply supporting her constituents.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, the people of that certain city keep voting individuals like this into office.

They act like the store owners woke up one day and said, "you know I think I will spend a ton of money and install bullet proof glass for no reason what so ever."

It is mind boggling that individuals who actually think this way have these high paying jobs, and individuals who think rationally and sanely cannot get one.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrapteam666:
Well, the people of that certain city keep voting individuals like this into office.

She's an idiot that has her position because of the color of her skin.

Ha, it might offend her constituents? Her "constituents" contribute nothing to the city and are the reason for bullet proof glass.

I hope this passes so the remaining businesses (many Asian owned) that are somehow in those neighborhood decide to leave.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
Are alarms, surveillance cameras and door locks gonna be banned next? It’s always made me feel bad about myself when I see a locked door, it’s like people don’t trust me. Why am I treated like a criminal?

GSgt Hartman knows the answer to that...

(Volume is low...)

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cindy Bass
8th District. Covers some nicer areas, as well as some exceptionally not-nice areas. Neighborhoods in which I will no longer do rehabs. How about banks, Cindy? The city has such barriers at the cashiers windows in the Municipal Annex. Gonna yank those too? Federal buildings? Isn't there a big SSA CSR building in your district? With armed guards to keep order?

Back in the '90s Jannie Blackwell - 3rd District - came out against auto confiscation for drivers stopped for moving violations if the car was found to be without (registration / inspection / insurance) either just one of these or all three? The number of uninsured was estimated at 40% for the entire city. Her West Philadelphia constituents? Probably close to 90%. Her reasoning, and I quote? "You'll hurt my constituents".

An officer in Philadelphia gave me some excellent advice as a teen. Yes, I should not have been driving, but he let my stupidity go in the interest of getting me back to my family in one piece. He said, "You want to remember four things when you're driving around Philadelphia. . . . . (long pauses from here on out) . . . . . North . . . . . South . . . . . East . . . . . and . . . West . . . Keep track of that and you'll be all right.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:

An officer in Philadelphia gave me some excellent advice as a teen. Yes, I should not have been driving, but he let my stupidity go in the interest of getting me back to my family in one piece. He said, "You want to remember four things when you're driving around Philadelphia. . . . . (long pauses from here on out) . . . . . North . . . . . South . . . . . East . . . . . and . . . West . . . Keep track of that and you'll be all right.

What was the officer saying?

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Before I opened the thread I took a minute to try and figure out why ANYONE would want to ban bullet-resistant glass; I couldn’t come up with anything.

Wow, just wow

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
Councilwoman Cindy Bass’ Office is located in room 312 of city hall. Why is it she doesn’t think security at city hall is not disrespectful to her constituents?

Posts: 1817 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Refine immorality out of her constituency and the glass will come down by itself. Of course that will take generations of correct principles being adopted, practiced and taught to the young. Fathers would need to lead their families in righteousness and in person. Mothers would need to selflessly focus on the children. Children would need to learn to obey, educate themselves and build character. That is why I live where I live even though it costs more to do so. There is no security glass and no one would consider robbing businesses at gun point.....it helps that we have a high CCW rate too, I suppose. Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Nothing will change with these people until they feel the consequences of their own ideas, i.e., violent crime is visited upon them. I'm quite sure she feels safe in her highly secure office and her equally secure home. Make her live and work somewhere where her idiotic ideas cause violent crime to invade her personal life and I bet she would change her tune.

Until then it is the typical "laws for thee not for me" political mentality.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only thing missing from Bass' circus side-show is a clownish cowgirl hat, a la Frederica Lee.

Posts: 3466 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is quite simply further evidence of the thought process of the liberal mind:

When facing a choice between their ideas and reality, a liberal always selects their ideas.

No sacrifice is too great towards the goal of the preservation of the ideas spewn forth by the liberal. This is so because the liberal mimd seeks the validation of their ideas on how it makes them feel; objective results have no bearing.

Silent

Posts: 1019 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GGF
posted Hide Post
Her "constituents" get what they voted for.
I have zero problem with whatever she proposes.

People live where crime is high and then elect a POS, as BHO once said ,"... elections have consequences."

Indeed they do.

GGF

Posts: 698 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
Someone should ask her if we should get rid of locks. How about doors and windows too?

Well.... YEAH! just think of the opportunity it would open up for da yutes!

Posts: 4801 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
‘Stop and Go’ bill and states that “no establishment shall erect or maintain a physical barrier.”

So all are all the stores going to look like this?

Last I checked exterior walls are a physical barrier.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post