SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I was awarded an Opening Day Dove Tag today !!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I was awarded an Opening Day Dove Tag today !!! Login/Join 
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted
Not quite a western big game hunt and a little tongue in cheek .... but I’m psyched!

But after having two other hunts fall through for opening day on September 8th because the corn wasn’t ready to cut yet (Alabama is having a very good corn crop this year) I was left with no opening day options. Being on a week on week off schedule with my sons mother, our weekend options for father/son hunts are limited.

Anyway, the Alabama Department of Conservation organizes a variety of youth hunts each year for various types of game and I was able to secure a youth dove hunt for my eleven year old in a neighboring county. It could still get called off due to field conditions but for right now we’re on. Oh, accompanying adult gets to shoot too.

JACKPOT !!!

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
Congrats dad! I will be in the field with my two sons, age 12 and 14, on opening morning as well. Our opener is this Saturday.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Congrats. I went to visit my local farmer about hunting his property, but no one was home. I'll have to try again tomorrow. The first will be here soon!

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post