SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Prince Jared Takes Charge
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prince Jared Takes Charge Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
Townhall.com
Ed Klein |Posted: Apr 04, 2017

Shortly after Donald Trump entered the White House, his chief strategist Steve Bannon told a friend that he had a premonition of impending disaster: “I expect to be out of here in six months,” he reportedly said, “and it’ll be Jared who runs me out.”

He was, of course, referring to Jared Kushner, the president’s 36-year-old son-in-law, who despite his youth and lack of government experience, has amassed more power than anyone else in the White House, including Bannon, Chief of Staff Reince Priebus and Vice President Mike Pence.

It is Kushner who arranged this week’s summit meeting at Mar-a-Lago between Trump and Chinese President Xi Jinping—a meeting Kushner set up with the aim of improving relations between the two countries rather than confronting Beijing, as Bannon would have preferred.

As The New York Times reported: “Chinese courtship of Mr. Kushner…reflects the Chinese comfort with dynastic links. {President] Xi is himself a ‘princeling’: his father was…a major figure in the Communist revolution.”

Trump is indeed most comfortable with family—and with successful businessmen. Jared Kushner—the scion of a real estate empire—and his wife, Ivanka, are said to be worth $740 million.

In spite of his lack of Washington experience, this American princeling has proved to be a wily political infighter. Way back in June, 2016, it was Prince Kushner who got rid of Trump’s temperamental first campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski.

It was Prince Kushner who, along with Ivanka, deep-sixed Trump’s first choice of a vice presidential running mate—New Jersey Governor Chris Christie—and persuaded his father-in-law to go with Indiana Governor Mike Pence.

It was Prince Kushner who arranged for candidate Trump to meet with Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto just before Trump delivered a tough immigration speech.

It was Prince Kushner who anticipated the Trump administration’s failure to repeal and replace Obamacare; he ducked responsibility by conveniently remaining with Ivanka and their three children on the slopes of Aspen during the health care debacle.

It was Prince Kushner who was tapped by Trump to broker peace between Israel and the Palestinians.

It was Prince Kushner who was put in charge of a grandiose domestic operation called the White House Office of American Innovation, which includes the opioid epidemic and veterans’ affairs—a portfolio that once belonged to Kellyanne Conway.

Prince Kushner has, in effect, become Donald Trump’s prime minister. And Steve Bannon isn’t the only one in the White House who should be worried.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
More media induced drama.

I dont fucking care who's got who's ear or who gets asked about lunch first. Get the damned job done.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by entropy:
More Fake News media induced drama.

I dont fucking care who's got who's ear or who gets asked about lunch first. Get the damned job done.

Freaking AMEN!!!! But FIFY..... Wink

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by entropy:I dont fucking care who's got who's ear or who gets asked about lunch first. Get the damned job done.

Agreed. There is always a friend or relative that has access and influence.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
Have to admit didn't know who "Ed Klein" was.

from his bio: "Edward J. Klein is an American author, tabloid writer and gossip columnist who has written about the Kennedys, Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama and Michelle Obama. Wikipedia
Born: 1937, Yonkers, NY
Education: Colgate University, Columbia University"

Personally it looks like he needs more roughage in his diet.

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
The Demonrats are petulant children. Like children they have to copycat what the Republicans have :
  • We demonized Valerie Jarrett for having the President's ear. They will demonize Jared Kushner.
  • We demonize George Soros, they demonize the Koch brothers.

However, they have a very low threshold of copycatting because we were against people who hate America, have actual ties to America's enemies, etc. They're good with fake ties to America's enemies, and think hating liberalism is the same as hating America.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    I believe in the
    principle of
    Due Process
    Picture of JALLEN
    posted Hide Post
    It is just another data point for us tea leaf readers, possibly accurate, perhaps over dramatized, maybe planted by Bannonites, as we try to figure out what to expect.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    His diet consists of black
    coffee, and sarcasm.
    Picture of egregore
    posted Hide Post
    What have we heard from - or even about, other than a few snowflakes calling him racist and the HMFIC of the KKK - Steve Bannon since Trump took office? Must be a "behind the scenes" guy.

Posts: 27836 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Just because you can,
    doesn't mean you should
    posted Hide Post
    Ed Klein may not like Donald Trump but I don't see anything to dislike, so far, about the Donald's son-in-law.
    He (Kushner) seems like a very bright and capable guy that knows how to keep his mouth shut and just gets the job done. He has the confidence of the President so whats the problem?

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Don't Panic
    Picture of joel9507
    posted Hide Post
    Oddly, as much as the author wants my spider-sense to tingle, it sounds like Mr. Kushner has been doing pretty good work for his father-in-law.

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Ball Haulin'
    Picture of entropy
    posted Hide Post
    I have no issue with Kuchner. Can he do the job? If so fine. I could care less about the rumor and innuendo.

That's the problem in this Country. Everything is a damn extension of Facebook.

--------------------------------------
    "There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Brass Pounder
    Picture of roustabout
    posted Hide Post
    President Kennedy wanted his brother Robert around as Attorney General and trusted adviser. Bill Clinton appointed Hildebeast to be the point of the spear in her failed nationalization of the healthcare system. If other presidents could keep family members around them in the White House, why can't Trump? I agree that as long as he does his job, then Kushner being there there should be no problem.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 1017 | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Freethinker
    Picture of sigfreund
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    It was Prince Kushner who, along with Ivanka, deep-sixed Trump’s first choice of a vice presidential running mate—New Jersey Governor Chris Christie—and persuaded his father-in-law to go with Indiana Governor Mike Pence.

I hope no one here believes that was a bad idea.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
    — Plato

Posts: 47368 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of TigerDore
    posted Hide Post
    Jared: the galleria of Presidential advisors.

Ed Klein is the less-gay soul mate of Perez Hilton. Nothing more.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Legalize the Constitution
    Picture of TMats
    posted Hide Post
    The way President Trump has been treated--even by members of the GOP, it's no wonder he's leaning on family.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post