SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Opinion on Wrangler Jeans?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Opinion on Wrangler Jeans? Login/Join 
Picture of fpuhan
posted
When I was younger I wore Levi's. But then they started going cheap, removed the guarantee, and finally went over the top on political stuff. So I switched brands. For the past few years I've been wearing Lee jeans, and have been relatively satisfied with their brand. I know there as a thread here on jeans in general, but I am wondering specifically about Wrangler jeans (I didn't know this, but Wrangler and Lee are owned by the same company!).

Being a member of the NRA, I have access to ExpertVoice (which I also had when I worked at a running store). ExpertVoice is a training site that when you pass a course, the vendor offers a discount on items. This is the case with Wrangler. My ExpertVoice discount on Wrangler jeans is 50%! This means a pair of Wranglers will cost less than $20 for a "standard" pair, and about $26 for one of the "fancier" pair. I'm paying about $29 for the Lee jeans at Kohl's.

For example, the Premium Performance Cowboy Cut Regular Fit Jean which normally costs $37.10, is $18.55. Before I spring for a pair, I'd like to know from others about fit, durability, etc. I wear jeans a lot, but they aren't a fashion item. I'll wear the same pair to work and then wear the same pair working in the garden. They're jeans, after all.

Buy to size? Buy larger? Buy smaller? What's the shrinkage? And so on.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I have worn Wranglers for many years. Because my shape has changed with being a senior citizen, I have them tailored to fit just right. I have no complaints and they seem to last a long time. Typically the cuffs wear out first.

Posts: 5619 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
All I wear with respect to blue jeans. 13MWZ. I prefer to try them on, because two pairs of jeans in the same size won’t always fit the same.

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been wearing Wranglers for years, maybe forty or more. I have found them to be long wearing, reasonably priced and, the fit is good, at least for my body. I have both regular and boot cut Wranglers and simply have no complaints at all about them.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wrangler jeans just don't fit me comfortably.

I have replaced my levis with Duluth and have never looked back.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
They're the only brand of jeans I'll buy and it's been that way for 20+ years.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
The Cowboy Cut Wranglers are pretty thick, stiff, heavy duty denim and take a long time to “break in”. They are cut too small through the thighs to fit my hind legs. I’d suggest you go to Walmart and try that style on before ordering them.

Wrangler also offers a style cut similar to the Levi 501, but with a better shape to the crotch. I buy them at Walmart. They’re under $20 if I remember correctly. The denim is more flexible and comfortable than the Cowboy Cut denim, but still is durable.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
At my wife’s suggestion after a friend’s visit, I’ve started wearing the stretch Wranglers, and find them more comfortable.

Posts: 18064 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Wranglers always.

If you don't like the "cut" of the 13MWZ, they also offer the 47MWZ which seems a bit more "relaxed", but still the same quality.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Don't recall if I've ever tried Wrangler bluejeans. I've been wearing Lee's for as long as I can recall. Just recently ordered two pair of boot cut to have in reserve, in fact.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I've been wearing Wranglers jeans for many years now. I buy the "relaxed fit" style and love it. I prefer the black color, but have a pair in the traditional blue.

I didn't wear jeans in my youth--they didn't fit me right and they weren't allowed in Detroit schools at that time. After I moved to Texas in 1980 I decided to try a pair and bought a pair of Wranglers (not particularly by deliberate choice, just what I found in my size). I liked the way they fit and have been buying them ever since.

I wouldn't even consider a pair of Levi's just because of their extreme Liberal politics.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
I like 'em. All I buy when we are stateside are clothes. Wrangler jeans, Eddie Bauer T's, Cabela's flannel shirts and the odd bit of Columbia outdoor stuff.

Maybe, now and then, Lands End shirts.

That's about all I wear anyhow on the outside.

Posts: 11320 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the ones with the stretch waist. I don't find that they are all that stretchy, but they seem to fit the best. They also have more than 4 or 5 belt loops unlike others I've tried and not liked as much.

I do seem to have a habit of finding ones with a permanent crease somewhere there shouldn't be however.

Posts: 278 | Registered: October 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Wrangler is the only jeans I buy.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Went to the local western store to look at Wranglers getting away from Levis. Ended up with Ariat jeans - same price as Amazon, supporting local business.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig2392:

Ditto.

After making do with Levis and Wranglers for years, I tried Duluth Trading Ballroom Jeans and never looked back. It's all I'll wear now. I especially like their Ballroom Flex jeans.

Pricey, but worth it, and they go on sale regularly.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
FWIW, I think Wrangler makes both Sam's Club and BJ's house brands since they fit me the same.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3448 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Wrangler is the only jeans I buy.
Same here. They fit me the best and last well.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig2392:

Me too. Comfort comes first. Unless they give money to the libtards. I try not to support companies that do that.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been wearing the standard store Wranglers for several years now, going with the lighter weight stretch denim a couple of years ago. They are more comfortable but do seem to wear a bit faster and eventually lose their shape a little bit.

I tried a pair of the heavier weight, but still stretchy 47MWZ variety (which you can get at Tractor Supply) and I really like them. They fit true to size and are holding up very well. I go with the relaxed boot cut. I recommend them highly.

Posts: 1127 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post