SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Well. I guess I've made a bonafide career out of offending people at this point.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Well. I guess I've made a bonafide career out of offending people at this point. Login/Join 
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted
Oh, hello Internet.

It's me Margaret.

Well, Diary, where do I start.

How many here have been reading me since I joined?

How many here know me through email or other correspondence?

How many have spent time in voip?

Who has met me in person?

Well hey, other humanoids, exactly how big an asshole am I?

I'd honestly like to know.

Go ahead and go to town. Give me what you've got. Strike me down and I will grow more powerful. Like Obi Wan, I'll just be blue and watch you masturbate.

Oh no Arc, you shouldn't go out on the yard arm. It's not done.

I must say, my friends, and my enemies, that I am tired of dancing on an invisible line. I'm also tired of being boxed in because of one political belief or another.

Time and time again, I meet folks who present themselves as tolerant or thick skinned, and time and time again, they disappear.

It may well be my fault. I may actually be a terrible person.

Here is the thing.

I've managed to offend and repel a wide range of people. The saying goes, if all you meet all day are assholes, you may be the asshole. Well, sure. I'm an asshole.

I'm a principled asshole, however.

Gents, Ladies, or whoever else, hey. Listen.

In the current "political climate," I've been "unfriended," "ghosted," and all of the other words for ditched.

If you've read me long enough, you know I once flipped SigForum "The Bird." That is just one. I think only a few people remember me yelling at someone in a 24hr supermarket.

Where I come from, giving someone a ration of shit is a sign of affection. I do in fact have Daddy Issues.

I am tired of "sensitivity," I'm tired of "tolerance." I'd much rather face any slings and arrows from you assholes, and work out something, than just fold like a lawn chair to the PC Left.

I'm not actually here for you to like me, or to be your friend. That wasn't going to happen when I was a member, it won't happen now. I'm also not here to cut your knees off over a thirst for power or any of that.

I'm just an aging, often hammered, blue collar, patriot. Who knows some things about firearms.

You say what you will, and please do so. I would like to focus energy elsewhere, so let us get tuckered out of any bad blood.

To bring this full circle, again and again, I've heard people say to me, "I can't be offended."

Everyone can be offended. If you believe you can't, you haven't been far outside your comfort zone.

Everyone can and will be offended, at some point. It is how you handle it that sets you apart. This is the crux of PC and the Leftist narrative.

That said, if there is something you'd like to say to me, this is your opportunity.

Do me the courtesy, of considering whether you'd say it to my face.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
You are honest and frank.

I belive I am in good company.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Ummmm your no Gecko45 sir. Razz

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I've always enjoyed your perspective and manner. Because I couldn't choose only three, I didn't respond to the thread that asked which members I would invite to dinner. But you are one of the ones I would definitely want to break bread with.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29692 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
What came after “asshole”? Cool

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Report This Post
Wandering, but
not lost...I think
Picture of brywards
posted Hide Post
Weren’t you yelling about waffles in the supermarket?

I don’t think you’re an asshole. You’re honest and blunt. Nothing wrong with that.

Posts: 2715 | Location: West Texas | Registered: January 19, 2004Report This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Even though you can't spell, I appreciate your support.

If folks have a problem, they can certainly email me, they don't have to state it here. I just want to clear the decks and make sure we all understand that it's 100% Freedom oriented shit going down.

This isn't some kind of trick, Para isn't going to punish you for telling me what you think, when I ask you to.

I'm dead fucking serious.

I'm not a snowflake.

Tell me what you think of me.

Let's grow together as humans.

It won't actually matter as far as how we enforce behavior on the board, but go ahead, you dongs. Take your shot now.

I've been abandoned and shut off by "friends" from the left who are "tolerant" and "moderate," so let's get this done. Give me what you got for criticisms of the positions you believe I hold. Let's get this done.

In case anyone is wondering...

I stand for Freedom.

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Report This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Wait, I’m confused...who’s Margaret?

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
You're right. Its you.

Perhaps you could look over your arguments and ask what common things you do.

If you're gonna dish it, you gotta take the blow back. Big Grin

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brywards:
Weren’t you yelling about waffles in the supermarket?

I don’t think you’re an asshole. You’re honest and blunt. Nothing wrong with that.

I did. I regret reporting the encounter. 24hr supermarkets were a thing. Are they still?

Arc.

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:

I never figured you for a reader.

quote:
Originally posted by Tubetone:
You're right. Its you.

Is there anything yet presented, that says I don't expect "blowback,"

I'm wearing my hip waders, you shit.

Arc.

Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:

quote:
Originally posted by Tubetone:
You're right. Its you.

Is there anything yet presented, that says I don't expect "blowback,"

I'm wearing my hip waders, you shit.

He He. You found the problem in being blunt.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Just so long as we aren’t equating the internet with God

quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kevbo:

——————————————————

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Report This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
At least the Internet exists.

Arc.

I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Anyone who has/gets “bad blood” on an internet board has bigger issues than just disagreements on a forum.
Most on this board agree to disagree and move on. Which is as it should be for people with lives.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
"To know thyself is the beginning of wisdom".
Socrates.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16083 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
On a more serious note, I do like your posts. You can be overly blunt, but most of communication is nonverbal, so In a medium like the internet bluntness can be good because there is rarely a question where you stand

If I’ve observed faults they are the following

you’re not terribly fond with people responding in kind. It doesn’t appear often, but it’s there.

you do not like being challenged when you speak from a position of authority (Not authority like as a mod, authority as in you’re a subject matter expert). It’s hard to fault you for that, not many of us do, and when you’re dealing with the anonymity of the internet it’s hard to decipher your audience, their level of expertise, and their familiarity with yours

You seem to genuinely want honest responses not pages of platitudes, so I have tried to give them. I respect your honesty and fairness. One of the best things you do is you treat people evenly, regardless of who they are. The 10 year member is told the same thing a 10 day member is if it is needed

I am not sure in my entire time here we have ever run afoul of each other. I think you are part of what makes this community good.

Oh, and I do read, just clearly different books. When I was a kid I read a book called Dear God, this is Margaret, which is what your opening line reminded me of.

I hope all is well and now must go find the book I missed

——————————————————

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KMitch200:
Anyone who has/gets “bad blood” on an internet board has bigger issues than just disagreements on a forum.
Most on this board agree to disagree and move on. Which is as it should be for people with lives.

Quite so. Let us observe the the angle of the dangle, as it moves downstream beyond us.

Or not.

Arc.

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
arc,

Did you drink something bendable served up? Smile

Even if you did I'd still be willing to break bread with you... being fellow crudmudgeons and all. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16204 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
arc,

Did you drink something bendable served up? Smile

Even if you did I'd still be willing to break bread with you. Big Grin

No, but I would happily partake. I believe the free and open mind is increasingly rare.

Arc.