SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Does Anyone Use GoodRx? How Does it Work?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Does Anyone Use GoodRx? How Does it Work? Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
Ugh, wife just informed me that the medication for our 20 month old son's ear infection cost her $52 today.

We used to have Express Scrips and our prescription costs were decent, but my employer switched us all to CVS Caremark last year and we are finding that prescription prices have WILDLY jumped up with CVS. What was $2.50 before is now $15 and what was $18 is now $52.

This is nuts. We want to start using GoodRx but I'm not sure how it all works?

Anyone use it?


 
Posts: 24277 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Six Days on the Road
Picture of vandrv
posted Hide Post
I use it for my blood pressure medications. I just use the free version. Basically, you just download the app, search for the medication you need and it will show you their coupon price at different pharmacies. The prices vary at different ones. I always get my prescriptions filled at the same pharmacy so I just save the coupon for them and show it to the pharmacist. I use CVS and they always honor the coupon. There is generally a fair amount of savings over the retail price.
 
Posts: 617 | Location: The Boulevard of Broken Dreams | Registered: June 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
posted Hide Post
I use GoodRx for medication that my St. Bernard is on to control seizures. It saves me $40 to $50 per month. I’ve used it at CVS and Walgreens.


__________________
Member NRA
Member NYSRPA
 
Posts: 2332 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know how those people get paid? I know they aren't working for free so what's the deal?


*************
MAGA
 
Posts: 5420 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
It is a discount card. Download the app on your phone, enter the medication info and it will generate a card for you to present to the pharmacy staff. It will show you multiple pharmacies in your area so you can check prices. We move one of my sons prescriptions to a different pharmacy right across the street and saved $25.

Our insurance changed this year. All maintenance meds have a $0.00 copay, but everything else has to meet a deductible. The inhalers for my 2 sons would have been about $170. With GoodRx, they were $50 total.
 
Posts: 1797 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I use it and have saved a lot of money with it.

That said, I find that most places (Wags, CVS, Walmart, etc.) will try to play dumb and act like they’ve never heard of GoodRx, or that the price has expired, etc.

If you push back, Wags will honor it, Walmart will sometimes, but CVS will not. Consequently, unless Walmart or elsewhere has a significantly lower price, I just fefault to Wags as the hassle factor is lowest there.


_____________________________________________________________________

NRA Endowment Life Member; ISRA Member
_____________________________________________________________________

“Activism is a way for useless people to feel important” ― Thomas Sowell
 
Posts: 4334 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Six Days on the Road
Picture of vandrv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
I use it and have saved a lot of money with it.

That said, I find that most places (Wags, CVS, Walmart, etc.) will try to play dumb and act like they’ve never heard of GoodRx, or that the price has expired, etc.

If you push back, Wags will honor it, Walmart will sometimes, but CVS will not. Consequently, unless Walmart or elsewhere has a significantly lower price, I just fefault to Wags as the hassle factor is lowest there.


I use it at CVS and have never had a problem, other than the fact that my prescriptions are on auto refill, so when I go in they have redo the paperwork with the new price.
 
Posts: 617 | Location: The Boulevard of Broken Dreams | Registered: June 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
I’ve used it at Giant Eagle and CVS. Even better prices than Blink usually.
 
Posts: 9954 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vandrv:
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
I use it and have saved a lot of money with it.

That said, I find that most places (Wags, CVS, Walmart, etc.) will try to play dumb and act like they’ve never heard of GoodRx, or that the price has expired, etc.

If you push back, Wags will honor it, Walmart will sometimes, but CVS will not. Consequently, unless Walmart or elsewhere has a significantly lower price, I just fefault to Wags as the hassle factor is lowest there.


I use it at CVS and have never had a problem, other than the fact that my prescriptions are on auto refill, so when I go in they have redo the paperwork with the new price.


Yes, this must be your local CVS. It was my CVS pharmacist who told me about GoodRX and applied the discount the same visit as when she informed me. I hadn't even heard of GoodRX prior to that.



'Live long and prosper'
 
Posts: 2962 | Location: Kansas | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
My mom just told me about this today. She had gotten a script from her doc. that was something like $421. When she went to GoodRx, it was $36. That's an insane delta.
 
Posts: 1343 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
It will save you a lot of $. Load it to your phone and input your zip and your scripts. Wait for the results. Just show the coupon it provides you with to your new pharmacist. It saved me over $500 annually on my statin.


_____________________________________________________________________
”At pretium libertatus“
امّا شما مشخص خواهد شد كه با همه شما را ملاقات کنند
 
Posts: 11254 | Location: Carolina but Texas in my heart | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
We use it all the time.

Wife told a family friend about it yesterday, who has been paying over $150 per prescription for her blood pressure meds. After GoodRx? $18.50.


________________________________________________

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers
 
Posts: 5098 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Thanks, good to know. Some of my meds have skyrocketed in price.
 
Posts: 7603 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
It's a great program. Hard to see any downside to it, as it costs nothing to use and saves significant coin. Never had any hassles using it.
I generally get a paper scrip from my doctor so I can take it wherever I can get the best price, instead of being locked into the place they transmit it to. I don't have drug coverage, so I'm not tied to certain pharmacies anyway.




I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.
 
Posts: 17316 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I use it every time I refill. I use multiple pharmacies. Just moved one from Walmart to Kroger last week because Walmart took it off their $10 list. Bassids. Gotta check them all every time.


I'm not completely useless. I can be used as a bad example.
 
Posts: 3456 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dzozer:
quote:
Originally posted by vandrv:
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
I use it and have saved a lot of money with it.

That said, I find that most places (Wags, CVS, Walmart, etc.) will try to play dumb and act like they’ve never heard of GoodRx, or that the price has expired, etc.

If you push back, Wags will honor it, Walmart will sometimes, but CVS will not. Consequently, unless Walmart or elsewhere has a significantly lower price, I just fefault to Wags as the hassle factor is lowest there.


I use it at CVS and have never had a problem, other than the fact that my prescriptions are on auto refill, so when I go in they have redo the paperwork with the new price.


Yes, this must be your local CVS. It was my CVS pharmacist who told me about GoodRX and applied the discount the same visit as when she informed me. I hadn't even heard of GoodRX prior to that.

I think you’re right. There doesn’t seem to be a corporate policy at the various pharmacies with regard to GoodRx. It depends on the locals and whether they decide to honor it or not.


_____________________________________________________________________

NRA Endowment Life Member; ISRA Member
_____________________________________________________________________

“Activism is a way for useless people to feel important” ― Thomas Sowell
 
Posts: 4334 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
I can't answer the OP question.

But my girlfriend works for a company that delivers meds. In the morning we have to go pick some and deliver it to a home in Miss. It's a 180 miles from where we are picking it up. The cost delivery must be crazy.


_______________________________________________________
And no, junior not being able to hold still for 5 seconds is not a disability.



 
Posts: 12279 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Undertaker
Picture of BigCity
posted Hide Post
Can you use it if you are on Medicare?
BTW, this year I am using CVS for Medicare.


John

I am ready to "Make America Great Again."

 
Posts: 1422 | Location: People's Republik of Maryland | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
BigCity— Yes,, I use whichever one is cheapest. Cuts down on putting you in donut hole too.
 
Posts: 9954 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the DL
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigCity:
Can you use it if you are on Medicare?
BTW, this year I am using CVS for Medicare.
Yes, you can use it with or without insurance (Medicare or any other insurance).

The pharmacist at Publix where I go for my prescriptions, is great. Last time around, he looked at my co-pay (Medicare Part D Rx), and told me to just buy the med outright instead of using insurance. The cash price with GoodRx was lower than the co-pay with insurance.



A mind is a terrible thing.
 
Posts: 19606 | Location: Central Florida (near Orlando) | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Does Anyone Use GoodRx? How Does it Work?

© SIGforum 2019