SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    At what unearthly hour did you wake and make your mater sammich?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

At what unearthly hour did you wake and make your mater sammich? Login/Join 
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
Will send you an email tomorrow. Still working on the world's slowest move and home PC is not currently available

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PhPaul, is that box made of pt lumber? Any problem, health wise, to using pt lumber? The kids and I were going to make/grow a garden but with the animals around, that looks like a better idea.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
PhPaul, is that box made of pt lumber? Any problem, health wise, to using pt lumber? The kids and I were going to make/grow a garden but with the animals around, that looks like a better idea.

Yes, it's PT lumber. I researched that, thinking to line the box with something to isolate the lumber from the soil.

I decided not to bother, based on two factors repeated in several sources:

1. The initial concern was based on lumber treated with chromated copper arsenate. That was outlawed in 2003 and the treatment used since does not contain any arsenic-related ingredients.

2. Even with the original formula, there are no data detailing significant difference in arsenic levels in vegetables raised in beds constructed of treated lumber vs. vegetables from the grocery store.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark_a:
Will send you an email tomorrow. Still working on the world's slowest move and home PC is not currently available

Thank you.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I don't wake up hungry ever. It takes a few hours in the morning before I want something to eat. Coffee yes, food no. Middle of the night is a definite no.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Several years ago, I was dreaming that my alarm clock went off. I woke up for real, got out of bed, took a shower, got dressed, and made breakfast for myself.

I was visiting my parents, and was curious why they didn't appear at breakfast. Finally, looked at the clock and it was 2:30 AM. Nobody was getting up for 4 more hours so I went back to bed.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I love a good ripe 'mater sandwich.

White bread or toast with lots of mayo, better with bacon!

Salt and peppered.

I can't wait for the warm months when they are a staple of my weekends.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
At the casa kablammo the main use for tomatoes is gazpacho. Gazpacho is a great cold soup for lunch in the summertime.

If I were to grow my own 'maters it would mostly be to cultivate the caterpiller of the Hummingbird moth.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope the frost leaves the ground!

Posts: 30 | Location: St. Cloud, MN | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post