SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Let's Discuss Relocation Of The U.S. Embassy In Israel
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Let's Discuss Relocation Of The U.S. Embassy In Israel Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the up date Bama. Clears a lot of questions.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Part of a negotiation.

likely true

This what I think

Talks have been going on for 30yrs with no clear agreement

Palestine ... sign this or....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6224 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
Is it true that Israel has everything needed to rebuild the Temple, on the temple mount, should they inexplicably find the top of said aforementioned mount clear of debris?

I seem to recall reading that somewhere, once upon a time.

I believe it is true. Whether they will be willing to take the actions to actually do it is another question.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25641 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
quote:
Is it true that Israel has everything needed to rebuild the Temple, on the temple mount, should they inexplicably find the top of said aforementioned mount clear of debris?

I seem to recall reading that somewhere, once upon a time.

I believe it is true. Whether they will be willing to take the actions to actually do it is another question.

Yep, seems their waiting for God's intervention like an earthquake or such.

Posts: 4409 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Imagine Islam in total control of Jerusalem.

Edited to add:

"also want to make clear: there will be no change whatsoever to the status quo at the holy sites.

Israel will always ensure freedom of worship for Jews, Christians, and Muslims alike.

President Trump, thank you for today's historic decision to recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital.
The Jewish people and the Jewish state will be forever grateful.""

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

Posts: 15884 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
One reason, for not moving our embassy to to Jerusalem all these years, was that the arabs & muslim sympathizers in our government kept saying that the move would endanger peace negotiations between the palestinians & Israelis; however, a couple of decades later, where are we at with peace????

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
EXCELLENT TRUMP: 7 Reasons Trump Would Be Right To Recognize Jerusalem As Israel's Eternal Capital
ByBen Shapiro @benshapiro December 5, 2017

On Tuesday, the White House announced that President Trump would declare that the United States recognizes Jerusalem as Israel’s capital, and that the government would begin the process of moving the American embassy to the Israeli capital. He will sign a six-month waiver designed to put off the actual legal obligation to move the embassy, however.

This move follows a day of Trump calling Middle Eastern leaders including Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas, who threatened the outbreak of violence and said there would be no Palestinian state without East Jerusalem as its capital; Saudi King Salman, who suggested that such an announcement would “harm peace negotiations and increase tension in the region”; and the King of Jordan, who warned of “dangerous repercussions.”

Trump’s move would be a powerful one, a legal one, and a wise one. Here are seven reasons why.

1. Jerusalem Is The Eternal Capital Of Israel. Jerusalem is only important because the Jews made it important; it was the capital of the kingdom of Israel, the site of the Temple, and the wellspring of Judaic thought for millennia. Both Christianity and Islam value Jerusalem because Judaism did. The dream of Jerusalem has animated the Jewish people for its entire existence; there is a reason the Psalms (137:5) state, “If I forget thee, Jerusalem, may my right hand forget its skill.” Jerusalem is mentioned hundreds of times in the Prophets and Writings (during the time of the Torah, it was not yet called Jerusalem). By contrast, Jerusalem is not mentioned at all in the Koran. If Jews do not have a historic claim to Jerusalem, they have no historic claim to any part of Israel, including Tel Aviv.

2. Congress Has Long Recognized Jerusalem As Israel’s Capital. In 1995, Congress passed the Jerusalem Embassy Act, requiring the movement of the American Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. The act also said that Jerusalem should be undivided and be recognized as the capital of Israel. The executive branch has refused to implement the law thanks to both political and separation of powers concerns. Trump would merely be stamping Congressional law with approval. That law, by the way, passed 93-5 in the Senate and 374-37 in the House.

3. Recognizing Jerusalem As Israel’s Capital Recognizes Israel’s Sovereignty. By removing the United States from the position of pressuring Israel to sacrifice its historic, religious, strategic capital, Israel will now be able to negotiate on its own behalf. That means that the U.S. will no longer be in a position to twist the arm of our closest ally in order to pursue separate strategic interests. Imagine the United States pressuring Great Britain to hand over all of Belfast to the IRA. That’s what the U.S. has been doing to Israel for years.

4. Recognizing Jerusalem As Israel’s Capital Will Minimize Violence. Every time negotiations fail, the Palestinians threaten violence and participate in terrorism. The sticking point for such negotiations has generally been Jerusalem — that’s the excuse the Palestinian Authority and Hamas use to launch campaigns of terror, to international approval thanks to the international community’s refusal to recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital. They hope that using violence as a tactic will earn concessions from Israel, or pressure from the West on Israel. By leading the charge to recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital, the United States will be sending the unmistakable signal that violence over Jerusalem will not be tolerated, and that pressure tactics through murder will earn no rewards.

5. Showing The United States Will Not Be Bullied By Terrorists Is Good Policy. The entire Oslo Accords was based on a blackmail program: Palestinians vowed not to murder Jews if Jews turned over land. That deal wasn’t just blackmail, it was a lie: Israel offered many generous peace deals, and the Palestinians responded with terror waves. The United States shouldn’t participate in such blackmail. If the Palestinians threaten violence, Trump should drop the other shoe: he should refuse to authorize the release of foreign aid to the terrorist government. There’s no reason taxpayers should be paying terrorists in the first place.

6. Recognizing Reality Makes Peace More Possible. A few days ago, the Saudi monarchy reportedly summoned Palestinian leadership and told them to support a peace deal with the Israelis. That deal would retain major Israeli settlement blocs, prevent the establishment of a Palestinian standing army, and leave the PA without Jerusalem as a Palestinian capital. By declaring Jerusalem Israel’s undivided capital, the United States would remove any other option from the table, thereby pressuring both the Saudis and the Palestinians into accepting that deal.

7. Recognizing Jerusalem Means Cementing The Anti-Iranian Alliance. President Obama's horrific foreign policy united Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Jordan and Israel against Iran. But that alliance cannot be cemented until realities are recognized by all parties. Just as George H.W. Bush should have allowed Israel to join the coalition against Saddam Hussein during the Gulf War in order to force the Muslim states to recognize that their common interests with Israel outstripped their differences, Trump would be right to make clear to all parties that Israel has control over its own capital, and that the price of alliance is recognition of reality.

Jerusalem is, was, and always will be Israel’s capital. Failing to recognize that is a slap in the face to history, to reality, and to Israel itself. If Trump does what is necessary, he’ll deserve credit not just for bravery, but for decency.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/...m_campaign=mattwalsh

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Was he sucking on a Halls during that address? Hahaha.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9151 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Was he sucking on a Halls during that address? Hahaha.

I was listening to the address with my headphones on so I thought maybe I was just hearing those little sounds with more clarity than I would have otherwise. Seems that it was actually pretty noticeable.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30400 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snwghst:
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Part of a negotiation.

likely true

This what I think

Talks have been going on for 30yrs with no clear agreement

Palestine ... sign this or....

As someone else has said, “The Palestinians have never missed an opportunity to miss an opportunity.”

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2698 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
We are not declaring the capitol of Israel. We are recognizing the capitol of Israel - something we haven't done previously in order to maintain the fiction that the fate of Jerusalem is to be decided in final status negotiations between the Israelis and Palestinians (who control East Jerusalem).

Only a country can declare its own capitol. Jerusalem has long been the capitol of Israel - Parliament is located there, the Prime Minister's residence is there. All major functions of the Israeli government are based in Jerusalem. Trump's action only serves now to announce to the world that the US won't pretend anymore that Israel's capitol is Tel Aviv.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Bibi's comments:

"This is a historic day.

Jerusalem has been the capital of the Jewish people for 3,000 years.
It's been the capital of Israel for nearly 70 years.

It was here that our temples stood, our kings ruled, our prophets preached.
Jerusalem has been the focus of our hopes, our dreams, our prayers for three millennia.
From every corner of the earth, our people yearned to return to Jerusalem, to touch its golden stones, to walk its hallowed streets.

So it's rare to be able to speak of new and genuine milestones in the glorious history of this city.

Yet today's pronouncement by President Trump is such an occasion.

We're profoundly grateful for the President for his courageous and just decision to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and to prepare for the opening of the US embassy here.

This decision reflects the President's commitment to an ancient but enduring truth, to fulfilling his promises and to advancing peace.

The President's decision is an important step towards peace, for there is no peace that doesn't include Jerusalem as the capital of the State of Israel.

I call on all countries that seek peace to join the United States in recognizing Jerusalem as Israel's capital and to move their embassies here.

I share President Trump's commitment to advancing peace between Israel and all of our neighbors, including the Palestinians.

This has been our goal from Israel's first day.

And we will continue to work with the President and his team to make that dream of peace come true.

I also want to make clear: there will be no change whatsoever to the status quo at the holy sites.

Israel will always ensure freedom of worship for Jews, Christians, and Muslims alike.

President Trump, thank you for today's historic decision to recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital.
The Jewish people and the Jewish state will be forever grateful."

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
We have an ally. The ally has a capital. Why wouldn't we want our embassy there?

Going to make absolutely nobody unhappy that doesn't already hate us both.

Posts: 15022 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
ברוך אתה יי אלוהנו מלך העולם שהחינו וקימנו והגינו לזמן הזה

Baruch atah Adonai, Eloheinu Melech ha'olam, shehechiyanu, v'kee'yamanu, v'higee'yanu, l'zman ha'zeh.

Blessed are you, Lord our God, King of the universe, who has granted us life, sustained us, and enabled us to reach this occasion.

Omain.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43859 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What the SigMonkey wrote! Amen!

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

Baruch atah Adonai, Eloheinu Melech ha'olam, shehechiyanu, v'kee'yamanu, v'higee'yanu, l'zman ha'zeh.

Blessed are you, Lord our God, King of the universe, who has granted us life, sustained us, and enabled us to reach this occasion.

Omain.

Amen!

-Rob, WASP

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
The Pope has his knickers in a twist about this. Can't remember the last time I agreed with him.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8925 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

Omain.

Amen!

-Rob, WASP

Amen and amen.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25641 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
This should’ve been done a long time ago. As far as the Muslims and other countries being pissed, they already hate us anyway.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3960 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Yesterday I heard someone theorize that the unspoken reason for Trump's decision regarding Jerusalem is to irk Saudi Arabia, making it less likely they'll continue being chummy with Israel in fighting Syria/Iran, and thus reigning in BiBi a bit and keeping him from leading the US (vis a vis NATO) into a war with Iran/Syria (and by extension Russia via their agreement with Syria).

Like cockblocking your friend, for a good reason, so to speak, a soft and supportive way to slow Israel's roll regarding Syria, I guess, and to keep the tail (Israel) from wagging the dog (US) in such foreign policy / war matters, like distracting your friend before they get you both in trouble, or some such.

The person who said it was decidedly conservative, and I've never heard an antisemitic word from them, but I just don't know enough about the topic to know, so I'm curious as this is a rather specific theory that didn't seem too crazy on the surface.

Anyone who follows such things closely know enough to comment one way or another?

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post