SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Let's Discuss Relocation Of The U.S. Embassy In Israel
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Let's Discuss Relocation Of The U.S. Embassy In Israel Login/Join 
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
^ one that involves important work, love of country, and honesty.

Which is why hardly no one else in D.C. recognizes or appreciates it.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Oh oh, That changes the story line, that President Trump is a Nazi, no?

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
This always cracked me up. The dirtbag Palestinians are claiming there won't be any peace if this move is made. Oh really? I guess them digging tunnels and kidnapping Israeli's is what peace looks like? Or maybe the daily rocket bombings and suicide attacks. Screw the barbarians and everyone in that region. We don't need their oil anymore. Let it burn.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7057 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
What always cracks me up is listening to the Palestinians cry about how their country was stolen. There has never been an independently ruled Palestine in modern history. They were ruled by many different countries and forces for hundreds of years.

They were offered an opportunity to become part of Israel, and wanted no part of that. Their Arab neighbors fanned that fire and used them as a front line attack force veiled under liberation armies for decades. Its all a big sham

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Generally, anything the 'palestinians' and radical muslims are angry about is good for America.

Anything they are happy about is bad for America.

God bless Israel and God Bless President Trump.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:
I think its great. Kick the hornets nest, then step on all hornets.

Or just use napalm.
I'll use whatever they give me.

Posts: 2392 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Is the Middle East burning?"

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
In pockets. As usual.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
finally...

that was a great announcement - a president with some balls did the right thing

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Yeah, we don't want to make chronically angry terrorists angry. Roll Eyes

No more analysis is needed than this.

I give Trump a UUUUUUUUUGE thumbs up for this move.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Another awesome one from Branco:

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
Thank you SigMonkey for the blessing. It's amazing how you always go right to the heart. I just read what you wrote, but I did say it as it occurred.

Trump made an historic move to affirmed a allied county's right to not only exist, but to recognize it's OWN sovereign capital.

The actual temple mount: there are no state plans or official plans to rebuild any temple. In fact, Israel has allowed the Waqf - a Jordanian religious authority, to maintain the religious right to control the mount. Most Jews are not allowed on the mount. It is against most orthodox Jewish beliefs to even go up there as its considered so holy, you would need to ritually prepare oneself with items that do not exist today.
There are some private groups that say they are preparing, but the government, police, border guard, and IDF would not allow it. There would have to be some tectonic shift, where no violence would be triggered.

I've been up there, and have been inside the large mosque - what some call the Dome of the Rock. I had no choice, it was an order while in the IDF. I'm sure the calls to violence on the arab side will continue, and Jewish lives will be lost. This was a historic moment. At the same time there was celebrating, many IDF units were put on alert.

Posts: 1632 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
They say this will slow the peace process, but they don't explain exactly how one could slow something that is not moving.

And, to be honest, do we care about getting some official, pie-in-the-sky 'peace' or do we just want people to stop killing one another? I would think Israel's primary backer showing a little spine might just do what decades of waffling and bribing didn't.

I like Thomas Sowell's dictionary, which includes something to the effect (years ago, and quoting from memory here):

"Moderate Islamists" - mythical beings to whom the State Department makes periodic offerings."

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I understand whats going on

I just don't understand why all the fuss

Israel says that Jerusalem is its capital - and all we are doing is moving our embassy there

I see this as some other country coming along and putting their embassy in Miami because they don't like DC

so why all the fuss?

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Deputy National Security Adviser Dina Powell plans to leave the Trump administration early next year, the White House announced Friday.

In a brief statement, Press Secretary Sarah Sanders called Powell a "trusted adviser," claiming she always planned to serve only one year before returning to New York.

Sanders said Powell will "continue to support the President's agenda and work on Middle East policy."

National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster said in a statement that Powell "has been an invaluable member of President Trump's team" who "drove an effort to restore our nation's strategic competence."

He said: "All of us look forward to continuing to work with her, as she continues to support this Administration's efforts on Middle East peace and other issues."

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
From what I understand:

Because of the importance of Jerusalem historically & spiritually, the palestinians/muslims kept insisting that they have a say in the control of Jerusalem and that has been constantly used as a bargaining point in all of these "peace" talks/agreements; but after all these years, it hasn't helped at all in achieving any peace so the Orange One took it off the table. Hope I got this correct.

quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:

Israel says that Jerusalem is its capital - and all we are doing is moving our embassy there

I see this as some other country coming along and putting their embassy in Miami because they don't like DC

so why all the fuss?

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
why all the fuss?
Those who do not like President Trump will not pass any opportunity, no matter how inappropriate it might be, to complain loudly. Therefore, the fuss.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:

This is ALL about appeasing muslims and hating on Israel.

Nothing more, nothing less.

The muslims want Jerusalem, even though they have NO historic connection to the city. Even though Israel has a 3000-year long connection with Jerusalem. The US has nothing like it - no one city that captures the very heart and soul of the country. Actually, I think the only reason the muslims want Jerusalem is so that they can deny it to the Israelis.

And the idiots in the msm go along with the 'appeasement' angle, since they, too, hate Israel and hate President Trump. You can bet that if zippy the wonder turtle did this 4 years ago, the media would have been gushing about what a wonderful, presidential, and 'historic' thing this would have been. Of course, zippy is a muslim, and his hatred of Israel is a matter of public record. He never would have even considered doing such a thing. Bush Jr and clinton never did, either, as clinton was trying to appease the muslims in order to cement his (failed) legacy by 'securing peace in the Middle East,' and Bush Jr just apparently didn't want to rock the boat.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
https://www.orlandoweekly.com/...s-jerusalem-decision

:As part of an international protest series called "Hands Off Jerusalem," demonstrators came together at Lake Eola this evening in reaction to the White House's decision to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

President Trump's move on Dec. 6 backtracks on more than a half century of foreign policy, further angering allies while inflaming tensions throughout the region. Coupled with the move, Trump has also promised that the U.S. embassy will be relocated from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, although a waiver has been signed that requires the embassy to remain in its current location for six months.

About 60 individuals showed up to exercise their First Amendment right at the protest, and the crowd seemed to grow slightly as the afternoon faded into night.

Pro-Palestine protesters wore the Palestinian flag around their necks in a show of support. A Palestinian flag waved over the crowd. "

Fuckoff, commies.

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post