SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Let's Discuss Relocation Of The U.S. Embassy In Israel
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Let's Discuss Relocation Of The U.S. Embassy In Israel Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
I follow pretty closely and don't think that is the reason at all. Several presidents have promised to recognize Jerusalem and then when elected the State Dept lifers who want to protect the Palestinians and keep Israel at bay convince them that all Muslims will hate us if we do it. What are they going to do, fly a jet into the WTC towers? They already hate us, so that's a stupid excuse.

It's the best card the Palestinians have in any 'peace' negotiations. They will 'recognize' Jerusalem in exchange for land and Israeli recognition of a Palestinian state. That card has now been taken away from them.

Trump promised to do this before the election and was about to sign it right after he took office, but the entrenched powers that be convinced him to sign a 6 month extension with a final decision after that period. That extension was just running out and he went against those entrenched powers that favor the Palestinians and recognized the reality on the ground.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Screw the Fakestinians. Jerusalem belongs to Israel.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Interesting, thanks. ^

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Bibi says, "Perfect!!!!"

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
As I understand it, pretending that Jerusalem (the 3000 year old capital) is in fact not the capital of Israel, is and has been nothing more than an attempt to appease muslims.

I say "fuck 'em". Good on Trump for doing the right thing here.

I agree Trump swinging a set of balls, that previous presidents only dream of having. Following through on his campaign promises.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4810 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BREAKING NEWS!

THE MIDDLE EAST IS ABLAZE!

Protesters burn flags. Around three or four, but it's not such a big place anyway.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
I think its great. Kick the hornets nest, then step on all hornets.

Posts: 2392 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I get a kick out of all the chickshit liberals cringing in fear because “We don’t want to make them mad! Waaaaahhhh!”

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:

What about burning them from orbit? Assuming they ( Iran and/or N. Kor) make the first move, of course.

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
ברוך אתה יי אלוהנו מלך העולם שהחינו וקימנו והגינו לזמן הזה
Omain.
Omain. But you left the vowels out again. I need the vowels.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
A sharp stick in the eye of Hamas and Iran . Big smile here.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear it. It belonged to Israel long before anyone laid claim to it. The Muslims will always hate us and will never live with us peacefully.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
ברוך אתה יי אלוהנו מלך העולם שהחינו וקימנו והגינו לזמן הזה
Omain.
Omain. But you left the vowels out again. I need the vowels.

.:'-.._ Nu!, so maybe you want I should give you a salt shaker for them?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:

Or just use napalm.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
These are some facts on Israel and Jerusalem that shed some light on the subject. I trust the author on this Hilmar Von Campe.

quote:
1. ISRAEL BECAME A STATE IN 1312 B.C., TWO MILLENNIA BEFORE ISLAM;

2. ARAB REFUGEES FROM ISRAEL BEGAN CALLING THEMSELVES "PALESTINIANS" IN 1967, TWO DECADES AFTER (MODERN) ISRAELI STATEHOOD;

3. AFTER CONQUERING THE LAND IN 1272 B.C., JEWS RULED IT FOR A THOUSAND YEARS AND MAINTAINED A CONTINUOUS PRESENCE THERE FOR 3,300 YEARS;

4. THE ONLY ARAB RULE FOLLOWING CONQUEST IN 633 B.C. LASTED JUST 22 YEARS;

5. FOR OVER 3,300 YEARS, JERUSALEM WAS THE JEWISH CAPITAL. IT WAS NEVER THE CAPITAL OF ANY ARAB OR MUSLIM ENTITY. EVEN UNDER JORDANIAN RULE, (EAST) JERUSALEM WAS NOT MADE THE CAPITAL, AND NO ARAB LEADER CAME TO VISIT IT;

6. JERUSALEM IS MENTIONED OVER 700 TIMES IN THE BIBLE, BUT NOT ONCE IS IT MENTIONED IN THE QUR'AN;

7. KING DAVID FOUNDED JERUSALEM; MOHAMMED NEVER SET FOOT IN IT;

8. JEWS PRAY FACING JERUSALEM; MUSLIMS FACE MECCA. IF THEY ARE BETWEEN THE TWO CITIES, MUSLIMS PRAY FACING MECCA, WITH THEIR BACKS TO JERUSALEM;

9. IN 1948, ARAB LEADERS URGED THEIR PEOPLE TO LEAVE, PROMISING TO CLEANSE THE LAND OF JEWISH PRESENCE. 68% OF THEM FLED WITHOUT EVER SETTING EYES ON AN ISRAELI SOLDIER;

10. VIRTUALLY THE ENTIRE JEWISH POPULATION OF MUSLIM COUNTRIES HAD TO FLEE AS THE RESULT OF VIOLENCE AND POGROMS;

11. SOME 630,000 ARABS LEFT ISRAEL IN 1948, WHILE CLOSE TO A MILLION JEWS WERE FORCED TO LEAVE THE MUSLIM COUNTRIES;

12. IN SPITE OF THE VAST TERRITORIES AT THEIR DISPOSAL, ARAB REFUGEES WERE DELIBERATELY PREVENTED FROM ASSIMILATING INTO THEIR HOST COUNTRIES. OF 100 MILLION REFUGEES FOLLOWING WORLD WAR 2, THEY ARE THE ONLY GROUP TO HAVE NEVER INTEGRATED WITH THEIR CORELIGIONISTS. MOST OF THE JEWISH REFUGEES FROM EUROPE AND ARAB LANDS WERE SETTLED IN ISRAEL, A COUNTRY NO LARGER THAN NEW JERSEY;

13. THERE ARE 22 MUSLIM COUNTRIES, NOT COUNTING PALESTINE. THERE IS ONLY ONE JEWISH STATE. ARABS STARTED ALL FIVE WARS AGAINST ISRAEL, AND LOST EVERY ONE OF THEM;

14. FATAH AND HAMAS CONSTITUTIONS STILL CALL FOR THE DESTRUCTION OF ISRAEL. ISRAEL CEDED MOST OF THE WEST BANK AND ALL OF GAZA TO THE PALESTINIAN AUTHORITY, AND EVEN PROVIDED IT WITH ARMS;

15. DURING THE JORDANIAN OCCUPATION, JEWISH HOLY SITES WERE VANDALIZED AND WERE OFF LIMITS TO JEWS. UNDER ISRAELI RULE, ALL MUSLIM AND CHRISTIAN HOLY SITES ARE ACCESSIBLE TO ALL FAITHS;

16. OUT OF 175 UNITED NATIONS SECURITY COUNCIL RESOLUTIONS UP TO 1990, 97 WERE AGAINST ISRAEL; OUT OF 690 GENERAL ASSEMBLY RESOLUTIONS, 429 WERE AGAINST ISRAEL;

18. THE U.N. WAS SILENT WHEN THE JORDANIANS DESTROYED 58 SYNAGOGUES IN THE OLD CITY OF JERUSALEM. IT REMAINED SILENT WHILE JORDAN SYSTEMATICALLY DESECRATED THE ANCIENT JEWISH CEMETERY ON THE MOUNT OF OLIVES, AND IT REMAINED SILENT WHEN JORDAN ENFORCED APARTHEID LAWS PREVENTING JEWS FROM ACCESSING THE TEMPLE MOUNT AND WESTERN WALL.

Link

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8504 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
The muslims "took" Jerusalem for one reason and one reason only: Because it was a Jewish and Christian holy site.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
My understanding is that in 1995, Congress passed a resolution to move the U.S. embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. The first paragraph of BJ’s article from Bloomberg mentioned President Trump “signing a waiver that kept the embassy in Tel Aviv for six months.” Apparently, every President since the passing of the resolution has had to sign a waiver—every 6 months, in order to forestall implementation of Congress’ legislation. Trump signed one. When he didn’t sign another it set the table for this situation. No doubt, the Left will call him reckless for allowing this to happen.

To add more. The bill to do this was supported by both parties. It passed and Clinton let it become law without signing or vetoing it. That allows the claim Clinton did sign it." Bob Dole go into the act. He changed the date for the move but added a option for a 6 month delay. Supposedly this was to address national security. Since then, every President sinc Clinton, has signed 6 month extension after6 month extension. President Trump. Once again had done what he said he would do and enforced the actual law.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:

.:'-.._ Nu!, so maybe you want I should give you a salt shaker for them?

LOL Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thunderson:
Bibi's comments:

"This is a historic day.

Thanks for posting. Reading that is very moving. All the network would allow is "This is a historic day." and then cut back.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19582 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
My understanding is that in 1995, Congress passed a resolution to move the U.S. embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. The first paragraph of BJ’s article from Bloomberg mentioned President Trump “signing a waiver that kept the embassy in Tel Aviv for six months.” Apparently, every President since the passing of the resolution has had to sign a waiver—every 6 months, in order to forestall implementation of Congress’ legislation. Trump signed one. When he didn’t sign another it set the table for this situation. No doubt, the Left will call him reckless for allowing this to happen.

To add more. The bill to do this was supported by both parties. It passed and Clinton let it become law without signing or vetoing it. That allows the claim Clinton did sign it." Bob Dole go into the act. He changed the date for the move but added a option for a 6 month delay. Supposedly this was to address national security. Since then, every President sinc Clinton, has signed 6 month extension after6 month extension. President Trump. Once again had done what he said he would do and enforced the actual law.

Wow! Trump actually stepped in and followed through on enforcing a law that his predecessors promised to enforce, but backed out on? No wonder they all hate and fear him! What kind of precedent is he setting???? Big Grin

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post