SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I need a Anti glare screen protector- iPad ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I need a Anti glare screen protector- iPad ? Login/Join 
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted
Okay guys , I am really struggling with glare on my iPad. I only use my iPad for processing credit cards at art shows. I'm under a tent with a white top but the glare makes reading the screen really difficult, especially for my customers.

I've tried three different brands but nothing has really work well enough to be called solved.

Any recommendations would really be appreciated! I'm only looking for something for the glare not a hood, or building something and screen protection is really a distant second.

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 3850 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I don't have a suggestion, but, I am kind of surprised. I took my new iPad outside into bright, direct sunlight and found it relatively easy to read--except when I purposely positioned it for maximum glare.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tried a pair of computer glasses? If you can see without the script lenses you can get a pair at the drugstore for a few bucks. They are tinted to cut the glare off a computer screen.

Posts: 17139 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Have you tried playing with the brightness setting? Sometimes you can find a setting that helps depending on what the app is putting up.

Posts: 6914 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unless the newest iPad is different, they all suck in sunlight. It's funny, kindle and Samsung solved this years ago.

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1125 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TBH:
Unless the newest iPad is different, they all suck in sunlight. It's funny, kindle and Samsung solved this years ago.

Kindles are a completely different display technology: Paperwhite. That tech requires light. As for Samsung: I don't know about "years ago."

I did a test a week or so ago, on the iPad I bought at Costco a few days before. In order of most-to-least readable in direct sunlight: My new iPad 2017 9.7", my wife's ±1 year old Lenovo 10" tablet, my few years old Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TBH:

I have an IPAD mini 2, and have a Gumdrop case on it with the anti glare screen. Try one of those, or just get an umbrella to use over it if you're at a trade show.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dead_Eye
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

Kindles are a completely different display technology: Paperwhite.

My Kindle Paperwhite is backlit but the display is monochromatic.

Beware the man who has one gun because he probably knows how to use it.

Posts: 368 | Location: Somplace with cold drinks and warm women | Registered: May 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post