SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How to know I've done my job right as a dad
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to know I've done my job right as a dad Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
When I look over in the passenger seat and see this.

On the way home today from this summer's daddy/daughter roadtrip. We had an amazing time traveling up to Denver and back. Stayed in the park at Mesa Verde last night and had an awesome tour of the park and Cliff Palace this morning.

If she's that exhausted, I know I've done my job as a dad.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
Ha! Nice job Dad. Sorry about your ticket up near Ft. Garland. Sounds like an overall nice trip though. Smile

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4925 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Mission accomplished, Sir!

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
If I fell asleep like that I'd be hurtin for a week. It's nice to be young.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great job, Cherish every moment you have. Congratulations on excelling at the hardest and most important job in the world Parenting

Posts: 710 | Location: SW. Florida, USA | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Bravo! The fact that you two are thick as thieves speaks volumes. I know the feeling.

Having kids here in the Pacific Northwest with all the slackers and hipsters, I was always fearful that she'd follow the herd. Instead, my daughter chose to join The Marines right out of high school (just like me). A year later, she married her high school sweetheart. They have never dated anyone but each other. She's never done drugs and she's not pregnant.

She's not even finished her third year in The Marines and she's already picked up corporal and might even make sergeant by the end of her four. She's locked-on and squared away.

Dads are so important to a girl's self-confidence and sense of security. Good job, my friend.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Haha, that's awesome!

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7057 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:

Lol, that was my first reaction when I saw the pic. Tylenol is your friend.

Posts: 747 | Location: Vermont | Registered: February 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MPB:
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:

Lol, that was my first reaction when I saw the pic. Tylenol is your friend.

Tylenol wouldn't even scratch the surface of the aches I'd be feeling.

Kids can sleep anywhere and in all sorts of origami like shapes.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post