SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Something to make Black92LX jealous AND my first real sacrifice as a dad
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Something to make Black92LX jealous AND my first real sacrifice as a dad Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Pics look great Roll Eyes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Send me the pics, i'll get 'em up.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9687 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
Send me the pics, i'll get 'em up.

Thank you very much! Photos are on the way. Thanks again.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5576 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post

NRA Life Member

Posts: 9687 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Excellent ride, Jason, enjoy it!

NRA Life Member

Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Land Cruiser is my halo every day vehicle

911 would be the everyday sports car

I like your style Cool

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Digging it!!!!
I do love a super clean black car but will likely never buy one again.
Silver is my route anymore. Hides dirt so well but looks great all shined up too.

By the way get the Toyota text grille already. I saw one today and it looks so much better!

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25420 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Oh, you're in good company by the way...

NRA Life Member

Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Digging it!!!!
I do love a super clean black car but will likely never buy one again.
Silver is my route anymore. Hides dirt so well but looks great all shined up too.

By the way get the Toyota text grille already. I saw one today and it looks so much better!

I’m a factory only kinda guy so I have to wait until that Heritage grill is available from Toyota parts. The dealership had no availability and couldn’t get me a price yet but I do plan on adding the Heritage grill eventually.

I agree that black is hard to keep clean but man when it is there’s nothing prettier. This won’t be a daily driver for me so it should be pretty easy to keep it from getting too out of hand. I’m getting a ceramic sealant applied soon. I’m just going to do a complete paint correction on it first to make sure that it’s perfect before I get it sealed. Hopefully that will also help keep it easy to maintain like my sealed M3 was.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5576 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
Oh, you're in good company by the way...

Thanks and that’s a sweet 4Runner. I did look closely at them too but the lack of blind spot monitoring made it a no can do with an instant veto from the wife. I love the BFG tires on your ride too!

Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Sir. You made a very good decision. The 5th Gen 4Runner is about 16 years behind an update on tech/safety stuff.

I brought my truck in a few days ago for service and was drooling over the 2 LC's they had on the lot.

NRA Life Member

Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
So I priced a Heritage grill from Toyota and it looks like I will be keeping what I have. $2200 for a heritage grill is insane and I will not put anything aftermarket onto the truck as far as bodywork, etc. Maybe this will just ensure that I’ll put an ARB bumper on the front?

Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lt CHEG:
Maybe this will just ensure that I’ll put an ARB bumper on the front?

Uh huh

NRA Life Member

Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lt CHEG:
So I priced a Heritage grill from Toyota and it looks like I will be keeping what I have. $2200 for a heritage grill is insane and I will not put anything aftermarket onto the truck as far as bodywork, etc. Maybe this will just ensure that I’ll put an ARB bumper on the front?

Man, and I am salty about the factory SSV grille being $750 for my Expedition.
Is it because the camera, radar, and all that other fancy jazz they have stuck in there are not modular?

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25420 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post