SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Vermont maple syrup
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vermont maple syrup Login/Join 
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
My wife surprised me out of the blue with some maple cream yesterday. She was ordering syrup and figured I would like it. Had no clue about this thread. I had to come tell yall.

Freaking good stuff.

That woman is an angel. Or the devil Wink

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seeing that Christmas is right around the corner, I thought I would bump this thread to the top. Maple syrup and maple cream make outstanding Christmas presents. I’d even like some.

Truth to be known, I just started a diet. Wrong time of the year, sucks, but it’s all my fault.

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1125 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I told my wife about this place awhile back. Today I had some syrup and cream under the tree. This stuff is awesome. I could drink the syrup. Highly recommended.

Posts: 578 | Location: East Texas | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the comments. I’m trying to cut back on syrup. Not more than twice a week, however, some weeks maybe three to four times.
Then there is maple liquor...

P226 9mm CT
Glock 21

Posts: 1125 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of drew3630
posted Hide Post
I read this thread a couple of weeks before Christmas. Ended up buying a quart of maple syrup for myself and about half a dozen of the maple cream jars to give to family and friends.

Posts: 244 | Location: Northern California | Registered: June 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thought I would bump this. The Smiths spent February and March restocking their syrup. I’m hoping we have converted a few of you into a maple addiction. I hate being the only one going to the meetings.

P226 9mm CT
Glock 21

Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TBH:
Thought I would bump this. The Smiths spent February and March restocking their syrup. I’m hoping we have converted a few of you into a maple addiction. I hate being the only one going to the meetings.

I missed out last year, but I think I'm going to try some syrup and maple cream this year. How do I order?

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4929 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P.J. Smith tel:802-349-3664
Or https://www.facebook.com/Smith...est-555047427994747/
Enjoy!

P226 9mm CT
Glock 21

Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
We recently finished the syrup we got from Smith's Green Mountains Finest (Peter Smith), so I contacted Peter to see if he had some more syrup. He did and we just received it. Just like the first batch, it is excellent.

But, Peter also told me that they had just suffered a fire and he lost his home. Luckily no one was injured, but I suspect Peter could use some help. So, if anyone is looking to replenish their stock of Vermont maple syrup, I recommend Smith's Green Mountains Finest.

I don't do FB, but Peter responded right away via his email: peterjsmith2012@gmail.com

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6395 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting that email.

Businesses who only are on facebook irritate the snot out of me and they clearly don't want my business very badly.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Thanks for posting that email.

Businesses who only are on facebook irritate the snot out of me and they clearly don't want my business very badly.
Perhaps they do want your business, and the reason for a low web profile is more involved than creating a web site. I offered or suggested (forgot which) a simple Wordpress-based e-commerce site which would take me about 4 hours to set up (a 14 year old would do it in 90 minutes).

But it never went anywhere. Green Mountain Maple may be throwing a legal wrench into monetization efforts by Smith's Green Mountain's Finest ...

Enough of the speculation. Damn, I just bought a quart of Canadian dark ...

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Businesses who only are on facebook

And this one is a perfect example. I can't figure out how to order anything or I would. I'm not calling someone or enter into an email exchange just to buy a product..... Confused

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12402 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:
Businesses who only are on facebook

And this one is a perfect example. I can't figure out how to order anything or I would. I'm not calling someone or enter into an email exchange just to buy a product..... Confused

Dealing with Peter is pretty straightforward and painless.

I sent him an email. He responded and told me the price. I sent him the payment via PayPal. The syrup showed up a couple of days later. Razz

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6395 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Vermont has great maple syrup and totally insane politicians. Hmmmmmm, maybe it's the maple syrup.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
I placed an order right when he had the fire. Got my stuff but does anyone know how they are doing?

Posts: 4101 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post