SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Vermont maple syrup
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vermont maple syrup Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrvmax:
TBH, I hate you, I ordered some of the maple cream and it's like crack. Two containers was not enough.

YES! I have been trying to talk them into selling
it in 55 gal drums.
They were jarring some up today. I have a couple of videos I'll try to upload.
They also do wedding favors. People go nuts over them.
[url=https://postimg.org/image/548vsnap7/][img]https://s1.postimg.org/548vsnap7/IMG

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1117 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
The wife made pancakes this morning. When I saw the maple syrup, I thought: Why not maple cream?

Take my word for it, hot pancakes with some maple cream covered in some maple syrup is a out of this world! Smile

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6364 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
ok. i can tell i'm going to wish i never opened this thread. maple cream....sounds too good to pass up...going to have to find some

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Well, I received my package a few days ago and I am sorry I ordered. I have eaten almost half a maple cream container one tiny spoonful at a time. Oh my god is this stuff delicious! I had originally planned on giving away most of my order as gifts. Going to have to re-think that theory now.

Oh yeah, the syrup, pretty much top shelf and I grew up in New England and eat only pure Vermont maple. Also glad to support a smaller shop rather than big corp.

Posts: 1767 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nasig:
ok. i can tell i'm going to wish i never opened this thread. maple cream....sounds too good to pass up...going to have to find some

Don't do it, you'll be hooked. Next thing you know you'll be selling everything you own to buy more maple cream, it's better than drugs and honestly should be regulated like hydrocodone due to its ability to be habit forming. Right now I'm searching Google for a maple cream rehab center but I can't find one. I'm thinking of starting an equivalent to the Betty Ford clinic, maybe I'll call it The Aunt Jemima Clinic and cater solely to maple cream addictions. I'll let the forum know how it turns out but right now I need a fix. Where did my wife hide the last jar.......

Posts: 4074 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Last jar? I should be so lucky. Foolishy I opted for a single 8oz jar as I was somewhat unsure about the stuff never having had any before despite my advanced age and upstate NY roots. So I'm being miserly doling out the stuff. And yeah I know. I KNOW! I should be placing a large replenishment order.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16139 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
The wife says to me Saturday, "If his syrup is as good as the maple cream, you should order a gallon".

Didn't have to ask me twice - order submitted!

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6364 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I now find myself skipping the pancakes and bread, and just eat the maple cream straight from the jar.

I use a small spoon though, so it's not as fattening. Big Grin

Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
appreciate at this late date discovering a hither-to overlooked new epicurean pleasure that simultaneously alarms my diabetic overlord yet soothes my need for 'just a little taste';

Order received, much enjoyed. Thanks for posting.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9847 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by signewt:
appreciate at this late date discovering a hither-to overlooked new epicurean pleasure that simultaneously alarms my diabetic overlord yet soothes my need for 'just a little taste';

Order received, much enjoyed. Thanks for posting.

Read this twice. Enjoyed! Thanks for all the comments. I'm also using a spoon quite a bit. Just enough to feel the sugar high.
So far cream on English muffins are the best for me.
Tried on oat meal, ok, but I prefer brown sugar.
Need to try on pancakes and vanilla ice cream.
Usually I use maple syrup on ice cream.

P226 9mm CT
Glock 21

Posts: 1117 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TBH:

So far cream on English muffins are the best for me.
Tried on oat meal, ok, but I prefer brown sugar.
Need to try on pancakes and vanilla ice cream.
Usually I use maple syrup on ice cream.

Whoever posted about the maple cream on french vanilla ice cream should be keelhauled. Damn that is addictive as all get out! And much better than just syrup. Add a few nuts of your choice for crunch.... wheeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16139 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
....'maple cream'.....the new crack for diabetics....(sigh).....

Still have just a bit in the first jar from so long ago.....at least didn't get really rash and actually give away the second jar as intended....

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9847 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Witticism pending...
Picture of KBobAries
posted Hide Post
I ordered several bottles of syrup (one for me; the others as gifts) and a couple jars of the cream. Everyone has loved and complimented the syrup. The cream is great! My favorite so far is on toast with peanut butter and a huge glass of cold milk. Yummy stuff!

I'm not as illiterate as my typos would suggest.

Posts: 3529 | Location: Big city, SW state, alleged republic | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Someone here sent me a small bottle that I enjoyed so much.

It was beyond fantastic!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34072 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
It is hard to describe how good these products are. The syrup is top shelf and the maple cream, well let's just say it is my new obsession. I put it on everything and anything. PB % maple cream, check. English muffin, check. By the spoonful, check.

Posts: 1767 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
2 oz of Vermont Maple, neat...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43797 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cruiser68:
It is hard to describe how good these products are. The syrup is top shelf and the maple cream, well let's just say it is my new obsession. I put it on everything and anything. PB % maple cream, check. English muffin, check. By the spoonful, check.
I'm out of the maple cream and having tremors just thinking about it......

Posts: 4074 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
I'll just leave this right here....

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Smith's had dinner with us last night to celebrate my bday. They were overjoyed in reading how happy you all are with their maple products.
They asked me to start a karma thread to show their appreciation.

P226 9mm CT
Glock 21

posted Hide Post
We finished the maple cream karma tonight. Five winners.

Their contact info,
Email- peterjsmith2012@gmail.com
802-349-3664 P.J

P226 9mm CT
Glock 21