SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Vermont maple syrup
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vermont maple syrup Login/Join 
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
I'm going to try some of this goodness. 1/2 gallon of syrup and 1lb of cream headed to Tampa.

Posts: 1315 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Our maple cream arrived today.

We ordered it for Easter, but the wife and I had to try some tonight.

It is incredibly good. Even my wife who doesn't have a sweet tooth like I do loved it.

It is going to be really hard to wait for Easter! Big Grin

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6401 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
This maple cream is GOOD. Never heard of it until this thread.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Darned you guys are cruel! Ordered mine on the 11th... no clue if it'll be delivered before Easter.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16206 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bald, with UPS, I think that's cutting it close, hope you get it today.
Glad you guys are enjoying the maple cream.
As Guy fiery would say, "that would taste good on a flip-flop". I do enjoy his show.

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1128 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
Info for others who have ordered...

I ordered mine on 4/10/17 and sent a request for a status today. Peter responded this morning that he has been waiting for some shipping materials and the order will be going out shortly.

Hope this helps.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: LBTRS,

Posts: 4986 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Ouch.... well none for Easter then and he's shipping USPS not UPS which for flyover country is plain slow period as they truck mail in here from 350 miles away.

ADDENDUM (6:31PM): Just got an email from Peter with a tracking number. It'll be delivered Monday Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16206 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bald1 and others who were hoping for syrup and maple cream by Easter, I'm sorry if you didn't receive it.
Any who are trying it for the first time, I would love to hear your impressions. My youngest son 30 years old, loves pancakes, French toast, and waffles. He uses butter, but doesn't like any kind of syrup. I can't imagine eating a dry pancake.
Thanks for all the orders, PJ had to order another case of 1/2 pint containers for the maple cream!case of 100!

Happy Easter everyone!

P226 9mm CT
Glock 21

Posts: 1128 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:
Originally posted by BigNC:
As to grading, he told me that what used to be B grade has been re-graded as A. In fact, even noticed it on some packaging at the grocery store since.

There was an infographic floating around online a year or so ago explaining exactly this.

The industry's assertion is that B Grade was never lower quality, only darker and bolder tasting, so as a move to better market an equally good product as the original Grade A, they renamed the B to A, but, IIRC, a Dark vs Light distinction now listed to differentiate.

This is good to know. Good friends in Maple-country tipped me years (decades?) ago that the 'Grade B' stuff was the go-to product the locals generally preferred. I was wondering where it went!

Posts: 15027 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steelcityfishanddive:
I'm going to try some of this goodness. 1/2 gallon of syrup and 1lb of cream headed to Tampa.

Exactly my order I placed Saturday

Posts: 4105 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Just delivered. Smile

Easy to miss. The grading info stating "Grade A. Dark color, Robust taste" is on the cap and not the 1/2 gallon jug.

I'll have to sample the cream later tonight. Misjudged what a 1/2 lb would be. The jar is much smaller than I expected so I probably should have ordered more than I did. Frown

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

USN (RET), COTEP #192

186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
I did not try the syrup until yesterday. Took a shot. The best tasting syrup Ever. Blows the Costco stuff away. Never going back.

I think I'll drizzle it over some bacon, right as it comes out of the pan, next weekend.

The Maple Cream over quality vanilla ice cream is my new favorite dessert. It was a big hit for Easter dinner at the in-laws Thanks again for the referral. Mr. Smith will be getting more orders very soon.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
The maple cream was a big hit here too.

I stopped by a local patisserie (where I grew up it was called a bakery Razz) and got a bag of butter croissants.

Of course the grandkids wolfed it down. But, even the adult were in ecstasy once they tasted the maple cream.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6401 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
Got mine today and it is very good stuff. MUCH better than the stuff we normally get from Sams Club or Costco.

My wife says she doesn't like real maple syrup but I couldn't keep her out of this stuff today.

Thanks for posting this.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Oh my! Finally tasted the cream this morning on fresh baked hot bisquits to top off a healthy omelet. Creamy nectar that spreads like honey but is nowhere as sweet. First time experiencing the stuff. I definitely screwed up by not ordering a larger amount. Next time!

USN (RET), COTEP #192

posted Hide Post
Bald1, PJ is excepting orders 24/7 Big Grin.

Fish on, it is very good on bacon. Like butter on a ribeye. We have a small general store near by. They have a smoker outside and smoke and sell all kinds of meat. They sell egg sandwiches with choice of meat, and they drizzle maple syrup on the meat. Wow! Is that good!

All, it brings me such joy to read all the positive comments. Please let me know if there is issues.

P226 9mm CT
Glock 21

It seemed like a good idea...
Picture of lude4life
posted Hide Post
Hoooooly goodness. This stuff is good! Syrup is great and a perfect flavor and sweetness. No way I can go back to anything else now. Even the other "100% maple" syrup in the stores, just not even close to the same level.

And this cream??? Where have you been all my life?!? I had to stop myself from eating the half pound jar of cream straight with a spoon. Got a few good spoonfuls in though! Too good.

Thanks for sharing! Seriously.

-Jay

"Assault is a type of behavior, not a type of hardware." -Alan Korwin

Posts: 2810 | Location: Central Oregon | Registered: November 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Can you send it over the internet? I DO have fibre optic broadband.

tac

Posts: 11320 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the Emeril called it smellervision.

P226 9mm CT
Glock 21

If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
TBH, I hate you, I ordered some of the maple cream and it's like crack. Two containers was not enough.

Posts: 4105 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post