SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Vermont maple syrup
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vermont maple syrup Login/Join 
posted
Just want to throw it out there, my friends are boiling again.
Great syrup at a great price.
$40 per gallon.
$24.50 per 1/2
$14.50 per qt.
$$10 per pint.
MAPLE CREAM!!! $9 per 1/2 pound.
On Facebook look up "Smith's Green Mountain finest", or email me terrybhier@gmail.com and I'll pass it along. I'll also ask them if I can post their email and phone.

https://www.facebook.com/Smith...est-555047427994747/
Hope that link works. Or google "Smith'S Green Mountain's Finest".
Email- peterjsmith2012@gmail.com
802-349-3664 P.J

I'm trying to diet, and I'm over there last night sampling Syrup, yum!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TBH,

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1118 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
Facebook page does not say how much it sells for. I have not had any in a very long time. It is normally too expensive to buy in grocery stores in my area. Usually around seven dollars for 8 oz.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I don't do the evil facebook.

Do they have a website?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
V-tail, you are my friend! I agree completely! I'm sure there is a lot of good with Facebook, and advertising a small business is one of them.
But I've seen enough bad to not want it. I will say that if you go on their page you can see photos and videos of their operation.
I'll edit the post. Sig, I'll post prices.

Thanks,

P226 9mm CT
Glock 21

Posts: 1118 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I don't do the evil facebook.

Do they have a website?

Same here, any other way to purchase?

Posts: 3848 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
$40. - a gallon is a good price! What grade is it?

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I prefer grade "B", but so far everything is "A".
Yes, it is a very good price. I've seen syrup sell between $60-70 a gallon at retail stores. This is a fun hobby that has turned into a big hobby. They are more interested in creating happy repeat customers than trying to get top dollar for their product.
There is no website yet, but feel free to call or email. I believe payment is personal check, PayPal, or CC.
They will encourage buyers to think about what they're buying and the shipping cost. Example, in a large flat rate box, you can fit three 1/2 gallon containers. So if you were thinking about getting two, the third would ship free.

P226 9mm CT
Glock 21

posted Hide Post
Tell me about this maple cream.

Posts: 578 | Location: East Texas | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
I want a gallon. Having trouble with internet at the moment. I'll try to contact tomorrow. Let him know.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12407 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by will347wax:
Tell me about this maple cream.

Yes, please do. I have no idea what it is but it sure sounds enticing.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6373 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fray... done and thank you.

Maple cream... where do I start.

Real MC is Syrup headed to a specific temp for a specific time then either slowly mixed in a HD mixer, or pumped through cream machine. I would kind of compare it to natural peanut butter.
If it sits for a while it starts to separate and you need to stir it up.
Real maple cream is 100% maple syrup. Half way between syrup and maple candy.
People put it on a lot of stuf, but it's heaven on English muffins!
Ever had a maple cream donut? Of course usually fake cream is used.

P226 9mm CT
Glock 21

Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TBH:

Wow. Does that sound incredible. Think I'm going to order some as an Easter treat (even if it doesn't get here by Easter).

Thank you!

EDIT: Just sent an email putting in my "order" for a pound of the maple cream. Razz

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6373 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
quote:

Wow. Does that sound incredible. Think I'm going to order some as an Easter treat (even if it doesn't get here by Easter).

Thank you!

EDIT: Just sent an email putting in my "order" for a pound of the maple cream. Razz

Outstanding! If you don't like it, my address is..... Wink

P226 9mm CT
Glock 21

Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Not from Vt, but Bluegrass, Va.

I brought two bottles home from there today.

Kinda spendy.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
For those who haven't had maple cream before, you're in for a real treat.

Sugar maples are the one thing I don't have on my property that I wish I did.

Posts: 6339 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Maple cream yummmm Big Grin

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
quote:

Thank you!

Outstanding! If you don't like it, my address is..... Wink

Thanks, but I think the chance of this not being devoured at my house is close to, make that, nil. Wink

That is my spot.
posted Hide Post
Since last year I have bought maybe 6 gallons from Peter. And 3 or 4 maple creams.

As to grading, he told me that what used to be B grade has been re-graded as A. In fact, even noticed it on some packaging at the grocery store since.

So buy with confidence. Endorsed by me. Wink

Oh, and Peter and I have transacted over email and PayPal but he offered other payment methods. SO WORTH IT.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

Posts: 2110 | Location: Rural Tallahassee, FL | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of these days I am going to find a website that takes 6 brands of honey and six brands of maple syrup to the chem lab , for testing.

I can find low priced medium and high priced
honey and syrup.

some taste just a little different .

but some of us would like to know why the price difference .

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Or maple surple, as Roger Miller names it in "Dang Me".

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8856 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post