New
Find
Notify
Tools

Simple Things Login/Join 
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted
I grilled a medium rare USDA Prime NY Strip, opened a good but inexpensive bottle of Cabernet and had a couple of squares of quality 70% dark chocolate for desert with the last glass of wine. Nothing about the meal was particularly fancy but the feeling of satisfaction is complete and delicious. Less than $20 all in, I couldn't be more satisfied.

Sorry no pics with protection, I was busy Big Grin

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
I HAVE to know the name and year of the Cab! Sheesh - it's hard enough to find a decent bottle of Cab for under 20 bucks, let alone a Cab cheap enough to allow me to also purchase a NY Strip all for 20 bucks!

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10703 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Virgen del Aguila Artigazo 2007

Spanish blend of garnacha, Syrah, and Cabernet Sauvignon. ~$15 a bottle

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I was reading a book on the history of food and it occurred to me that much turmoil in the world might have been avoided if great masses of people had had the feeling of contentment after their evening meals.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
I HAVE to know the name and year of the Cab! Sheesh - it's hard enough to find a decent bottle of Cab for under 20 bucks, let alone a Cab cheap enough to allow me to also purchase a NY Strip all for 20 bucks!
Winking Owl, at Aldi. $2.89!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Sometimes simple is best.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3849 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:

Josh Cellars 2015, on sale locally for under $12.00. It's no '86 Opus but it is extraordinary for the price or perhaps just hits my pallet just right.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A picture of the content smile on your face would be good enough!

"Sometimes it's the small, little things in life!"

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8336 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
you really don't require a 5 star chef with a black belt in preparation to have a great dining experience.

if you can put the right wine with the right food ,
you have the eating experience licked .

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54608 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10703 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post