SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Corrine Brown Denied (again) (and again) (and again) (and yes, again!)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Corrine Brown Denied (again) (and again) (and again) (and yes, again!) Login/Join 
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted
Suck it! This comes after her request for a new trial was rejected.

Judge denies Corrine Brown's request for sentencing delay

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SpinZone,

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3839 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
For those who, like me, didn't know right off the bat who this was....

Corrine Brown (born November 11, 1946) is an American politician who served as a member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Florida from 1993 to 2017. She is a member of the Democratic Party. After a court-ordered redistricting significantly changed her district and a federal criminal corruption indictment, Brown was defeated in the 2016 Democratic primary by Al Lawson, who went on to win Brown's former seat

On May 11, 2017, Brown was convicted of 18 of her 22 felony criminal charges, including filing false tax returns and conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud, in relation to the non-profit charity

Wiki-CB Political Controversies

Sounds like she should have been doing time for the last ten years!

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
And, she's a Democrat! What a friggin' surprise, there, eh?

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
GO GATOR

Posts: 4493 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And she gets denied yet again!

Link to story

This is what happens when you are no longer useful to the those who protected you in the past, you get thrown out into the cold. It doesn't help that your party is no longer in power.

I hope for some form of jail time but I will not hold my breath. At least there will be a conviction on record.

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."

Posts: 3839 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Sentenced to Five Years

It should be 500 years

And oh yeah- "Go Gattah", you drooling moron.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Sentenced to Five Years

It should be 500 years

GO GATAH! Roll Eyes

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sentenced to Five Years

It should be 500 years

Yep, not nearly enough. Something tells me had one of us committed the same crimes, we'd have been looking at a lot more than five years behind bars.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What a complete embarrassment is this imbecile. To pull this kind of shit on the floor of the US House of Representatives. You disgusting halfwit.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
What a complete embarrassment is this imbecile. To pull this kind of shit on the floor of the US House of Representatives. You disgusting halfwit.
But, but, we're told by the elites in Washington they are the best and brightest among us. Roll Eyes

I have a colleague who proudly displays pics on the wall of his office of the politicos and celebs he's had photos taken with over the years. He had a pic of him and the Gattah woman on his wall the last time I was there. Maybe I'll send him a link to this story, just in case he missed it. Wink

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KgbBP9Em00A" width="420"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

My IQ is permanently lowered.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31376 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sentenced to Five Years

It should be 500 years

Thanks for updating this thread. I had to go run some errands before they announced the sentence.

While it should be much more than 5 years I'll still take it. I was worried she would get off with probation. I'm still going to wait until she reports to jail before I break out the rum.

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
she will look simply fabulous in orange

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
If I were a University of Florida alum, it would be my mission in life to purge former Representative Corinne Brown videos from wherever they may be found. Unbelievable that she has an advanced degree, I'd hate for that to get out.

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I be gradulatin' her for graduatin' to 5 year gray schoo.

1 2 3 4 5. Years, woman, that ain't no jive.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched the video above and I didn't see the need for the subtitles below, but that's probably just due to me being a public school teacher for the past 30 years! I'm quite fluent in that particular dialect! (Fluent in understanding it, not in SPEAKING it!).

Posts: 374 | Location: The Dark And Bloody Ground | Registered: July 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Unbelievable that she has an advanced degree, I'd hate for that to get out.

Bribes come in all shapes, sizes and kinds, and bowing and scraping on the basis of political correctness is considered "smart management" on today's college campuses.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And denied again.

Judge orders her to prison during appeal.

Link to story

Picture of Dbltap
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snapping Twig:
I speak jive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzIcec_bQss

Where's 46and2 when you need him.

Posts: 458 | Registered: August 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post