SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Youtube personality- soph NSFW
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Youtube personality- soph NSFW Login/Join 
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
Nah, it's not that Arc. It's the fact that society has degraded to a point that most people believe the way to win an argument is to be more profane than the person you are arguing with.

No, the problem is that most people don't want to argue or debate. They'll shout you down or shut you out. It's not about profanity.

Profanity does have a place, and I think some folks are much too sensitive to it. If you're offended by how profane someones speach is, pay them no mind and move on.

One thing people need to stop doing is declaring they are offended like it is some valuable injured state. Or as if hearing an idea or curse words can make you a victim.

If all someone is is offended by something, no one should care.

Being offended is a personal problem that should be kept that way. Unfortunately this injury of offense has created the excuse for people to behave hysterically, and shut down debate all in service to their needy malformed egos.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
Nah, it's not that Arc. It's the fact that society has degraded to a point that most people believe the way to win an argument is to be more profane than the person you are arguing with.

No, the problem is that most people don't want to argue or debate. They'll shout you down or shut you out. It's not about profanity.

Profanity does have a place, and I think some folks are much too sensitive to it. If you're offended by how profane someones speach is, pay them no mind and move on.

One thing people need to stop doing is declaring they are offended like it is some valuable injured state. Or as if hearing an idea or curse words can make you a victim.

If all someone is is offended by something, no one should care.

Being offended is a personal problem that should be kept that way. Unfortunately this injury of offense has created the excuse for people to behave hysterically, and shut down debate all in service to their needy malformed egos.

So is being "offended" and not agreeing with your point of view the same thing?
BTW I'm not shouting you down just asking a question.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This is a forum for adults, primarily adult males. There has been a longstanding policy in this forum prohibiting profanity- even obscured profanity- from appearing in subject lines.

We neither encourage nor discourage the use of profanity in this forum but there are reasonable limits, and most long time members here have had the opportunity to see those limits tested by over-use or unreasonable application of profanity by some members, and the admonishment of those members. But, make no mistake- this is a forum for adults. There are no virgins here.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107510 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
I started to watch the second video but I also stopped because of the language....

I think that is the one problem with this web site too.

For the love of God whatever you do, do not even consider watching Deadwood. I fear your head will 'splode

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
So is being "offended" and not agreeing with your point of view the same thing?
BTW I'm not shouting you down just asking a question.

Is this a serious question? Telling me you aren't shouting me down, is unnecessary, so I don't think you're sincere. Kindly skip it and move along.

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
I laughed. I cried. I wet the fainting couch. (sorry)

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MitchbSC:

Aw, now we'll have to get one of those plastic grandma things for the fainting couch.

Arc.

'Murica
Picture of szuppo
posted Hide Post
Binge watching her videos. She is awesome!

Semper Fi

Posts: 3240 | Location: Canfield, Ohio | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Would I be happy with my daughters (or son) talking like that? Nope, not at all! Do I talk like that as an adult? Yes, I do at times. Did I talk like that when I was 14? I don't really recall, but I would wager I did. I just made sure my parents didn't hear it.

Now what? I dunno, I don't think it really matters. That girl appears to be mentally way beyond the age of 14. She sees not just a surface issue, but several layers deep and has well formed opinions on said layers. Does it surprise me that her choice of language is more adult too? I suppose not.

Does it really matter though? She's a content creator on YouTube and likely making more money than a lot of us adults here. So who am I to judge her tactics and schtick? Nevermind the fact that I'm a grown 41 year old man, and I think she's a more thoughtful person than I am. She's seeing things I'm missing, so I'm impressed. I'm not going to worry about her language when I consider her awareness to be best of class.

How she wraps the message doesn't really matter to me. If her "shock" approach helps kids her age listen and they get the points she's making, then that is a good thing imo. Her videos continue to give me hope for Gen Z. If their language is crass but they are self reliant people who don't blame everyone else for their problems, I'll consider them a successful generation. If the language turns you off, something tells me you weren't her target audience. My guess is that no teenager out there is going, "oh my, she really needs to clean up her language before I listen to anymore of her work."

If nothing else, watching kids like her battle the Millennials will be entertaining for the my later years.

ETA: I found her take on public schools very interesting.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
quote:
Originally posted by MitchbSC:

Aw, now we'll have to get one of those plastic grandma things for the fainting couch.

An inflatable, plastic grandma? Kinky.

Posts: 5734 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
It doesn't "offend" me on her profanity but it I don't think it should be coming out of a 14 year old youth "on YouTube".
Just like prostitution doesn't "offend" me either but I don't think 14 year old youth should be doing it either.
As far as her "message" otherwise I have no problem with it.
Something is seriously wrong with her parents to allow it, IMO.
And I know I don't have to listen/watch/change-the-channel too.
If she was an adult, I wouldn't object so much FWIW.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's quite frustrating to see some of you get hung up on profanity. You're so offended/distracted/ill at ease with the delivery that you completely fail to comprehend what you're witnessing.

As best as I can determine, this 14 year old along with her 16 year old brother produce these remarkable videos. Their parents are lefties but actually believe in not suppressing their kid's views.

Forget the Goddamned language and try opening your eyes and ears. These kids are layin' it down, man. Ten feet thick

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
... and the voting age is lowered to 16?

And at 18, or is it 21, she can list as a candidate.

Influence.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Damn Big Grin

posted Hide Post
She is dispensing the truth. She got right to the point about China and India.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Lots of quotable lines in that vid.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Lots of quotable lines in that vid.

Yes, have to watch it a few times to catch them all.

Priorities - sanitation is more important than fucking solar panels. She nails the idiot environmentalists, there are things more important than their questionable actions "protecting the environment". Plus the whole, global warming scam that inhibits the advancement of mankind while enriching a very few.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Damn Big Grin

Surprise Surprise, Not
This video has been removed for Blatant Honesty

Posts: 425 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Here is another link to it.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/Z_TopPhLroc

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Here is another link to it.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/Z_TopPhLroc

Appreciate the assist monkey.
I'm changing my Firefox youtube links to bitchute links where possible. BitChute's search feature has been hit or miss while searching for content providers. Also tried to Tube It!, but it only recognizes youtube urls at this time.

Posts: 425 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post