SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Explain the meme thread
Page 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 36

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Explain the meme thread Login/Join 
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
What’s the deal with the “traffic warden” are the little squares prior tickets or registration info for a buncha different peoples cars?

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11275 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Report This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I’m guessing find the current permission ticket?

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Report This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Looks like a reference to the "Saw" movie franchise.
As in, go ahead gimme another one and see what happens.

Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Yeah, a reference to "Saw". The character always says, "Want to play a little game?" The game is find-the-current-slip, rather than "I'll torture you if you ticket me", I think, though that was my initial thought.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo Jones:
Is that Charles Napier as the guitar playing skirt and knee boots wearing hippie????

Murdock from Rambo II...

The leader of the 'Good Ole Boys' from The Blues Brothers?

Given his penchant for tough guy roles later in his career, I bet he wishes he'd slapped his agent into next week when presented with this plum of a role...

Looking at his bio, he played several other roles in the Star Trek franchise, and did the first male frontal in a Russ Meyer film.

I'm sure it helped pay the bills and kept the door open for other roles.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Report This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post

Okay, that's pretty cool. I'ma hafta do that, but I think I'll use my lathe.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15224 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Report This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I don’t get the one that says “had to explain to the nature home group why I dove for cover.” Any help?

Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
I don’t get the one that says “had to explain to the nature home group why I dove for cover.” Any help?

The bright spot is glint off a sniper's scope. That's my guess.

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4876 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Report This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I thought it was what's-his-name calling in an airstrike.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5480 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DrDan:
quote:

That is the way I interpreted it also

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Report This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

In first-person shooter games like Call of Duty or Battlefront, you see that glint off a sniper scope about a third of a second before you get dropped by a one-shot-kill from a mile away. . .

That's actually pretty funny, from a gamer perspective.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21844 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
quote:
quote:

In first-person shooter games like Call of Duty or Battlefront, you see that glint off a sniper scope about a third of a second before you get dropped by a one-shot-kill from a mile away. . .

That's actually pretty funny, from a gamer perspective.
I'm not a "gamer" but I did make the connection.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

And here I thought it was a phaser shot from a Star Trek red shirt. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
OK, there have been a couple recently that I just don't understand.

Is that supposed to be a caricature of a quiz show--Jeopardy, maybe?

I deduced that this is to be sung to the tune of "Take Me Out To the Ball Game", but what else is involved?

What are these creatures supposed to represent? Is there some strange TV show I'm supposed to have watched to know about them?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
That guy does a comic where he frames ordinary situations differently, so that things we don't think twice about become odd and humorous.

Posts: 3660 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Report This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
1st one = jeopardy
2nd one = baseball game (more specifically, singing "Take me out to the ball game"

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, but those lame comics are a low point in an otherwise incredibly awesome and funny thread.

Posts: 2484 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Report This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
/\/\/\/\/\/\
Agree!

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
Sorry, but those lame comics are a low point in an otherwise incredibly awesome and funny thread.

Different strokes for different pokes.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:

Different strokes for different pokes.

Next up a "What do we find funny on SIGforum." thread...

Cool

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Report This Post