SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Explain the meme thread
Page 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 36

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Explain the meme thread Login/Join 
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Can anyone explain why I can never see any pictures (in the meme thread, or elsewhere on the forum) posted by DSgrouse, and only by him? The only way to view them is to right click the 'broken' picture link and view them on his host site. Everyone else's pix are fine.

Is it me, or is it him? If it's me, what to do?

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Report This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
No, you're not the only one, those are images stored on Facebook servers.

The only way I can see them is to right click on them and select view image. Of course in typical FB fashion, I can't use my back button after that... sigh...

I believe it's because of the fact I'm using Firefox Quantum, with a container plugin.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Report This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Thanks

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Report This Post
posted Hide Post
ah sorry about that.

Depending on your browser View in new tab will show you the image in its own tab. allowing you to still use the normal sig page.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Report This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Whenever I want to post a meme from FB I dbl click on it to get the full size, then rt. click to save it to my Desktop where I grab it in Postimage to post here. Works every time.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Report This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
I think I get the dragons/socmedia pic, but is linkedin Smaug because it's greedy or because it's dead? Dunno about the instagram, not sure about facebook. Tinder reference is funny. Big Grin

Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Yeah I don't get that either. The instagram dragon may be Takhisis from the Dragonlance saga? I don't understand, really.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
Yeah I don't get that either. The instagram dragon may be Takhisis from the Dragonlance saga? I don't understand, really.

Smaug is the buisness of a hostile take over.

Tiamat,Takhines is the ultimate social influncer

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder:
I don't think a lot of people saw it, but boy, search for it on youtube..

Did that, love to have that time back, phew! Eek

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Elizabeth Warren really is a dumb broad.

Did she think that she would be welcomed in Cherokee territory, flying in a Piper Comanche?

quote:
Originally posted by roberth in the political meme thread:

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I think that's a prop plane from Indiana Jones.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry, but I just don't get these:

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Eat corn,
Poop corn,
Rinse,
Repeat

Second one is vodka being poured into your ramen soup....I’m sure that’s safe for work

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Report This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:

Second one is vodka tequila being poured into your ramen soup....

Damn Mike, thought you were a more worldly sailor than that! hahahahahahaha Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:

Second one is vodka tequila being poured into your ramen soup....

Damn Mike, thought you were a more worldly sailor than that! hahahahahahaha Big Grin

Truthfully, I’ve had three tonight and have been pestered by Mrs. Mike about some cop show she’s watching...procedure, questioning..etc, thought it was Smirnoff, but now thT I looked at it- you are right. Tequila it is!!!

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
It's fucking Jose Smirnoff goddammittt!!!

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Mmmmm Jose Smirnoff, my favorite. LoL

ARman

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Eat corn,
Poop corn,
Rinse,
Repeat

Second one is vodka being poured into your ramen soup....I’m sure that’s safe for work
Since I may be the only person here (or in the country) who has never eaten (or even seen) Ramen, I guess it's not surprising that I didn't understand that one. However, I eat canned kernal corn all the time--I'd never contemplated that sequence with it, though.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:

I eat canned kernal corn all the time--I'd never contemplated that sequence with it, though.
Efficient use of resources. Kind of like using both sides of a sheet of toilet paper.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Is that Charles Napier as the guitar playing skirt and knee boots wearing hippie????

Murdock from Rambo II...

The leader of the 'Good Ole Boys' from The Blues Brothers?

Given his penchant for tough guy roles later in his career, I bet he wishes he'd slapped his agent into next week when presented with this plum of a role...

quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
quote:
Originally posted by motor59:

Other than the obvious (people from Portland are weird), I got nothing.

Is there more to it?

Hippies in space: A “Star Trek” episode in 1960s historical context.
I like Star Trek. I always have. The movies and spinoffs like Next Generation are fine, but there’s something pure and classic about the old 1960s series which has always been my favorite. I own the complete archives of the old series on DVD. Not long ago I re-watched one of my favorite episodes, which is called “The Way to Eden.” Many Star Trek fans would be surprised to hear that this is one of my favorites, as it’s one of the least-liked and most-derided of the old series; coming late in the third season, when the production quality of the show was declining, “The Way to Eden” has a pretty limp script, phone-it-in acting and hilariously ludicrous costumes. For a series that came up with such groundbreaking stuff like “Amok Time” or “The City on the Edge of Forever,” “The Way to Eden” simply doesn’t measure up. Yet I still love it as one of my favorites, because it, more than most other Star Trek episodes, has some very interesting things to say about the time in which it was made.

“The Way to Eden” concerns a small group of space travelers who have stolen a spaceship and, as the episode opens, are being pursued by the Federation starship Enterprise. As their ship blows up (its engines were failing) Captain Kirk orders the six passengers beamed aboard. They turn out to be a bizarre group of what can only be described as space hippies, led by an alien with outrageous latex ears, Dr. Severin (Skip Homeier). Dr. Severin tells Kirk and Spock that he and his group are searching the galaxy for a planet called Eden, believed by most to be mythical, where the group–who has rejected the values of Federation society–will live in an idyllic paradise among “savages,” presumably Eden’s primitive indigines. Unfortunately Severin is a carrier of an incurable disease, and Kirk refuses to help them. The hippies won’t take no for an answer, however, and hijack the Enterprise to bring it to Eden. When they find it, stealing a shuttlecraft to land on it, they discover a beautiful but dangerous world where all the vegetation is filled with deadly acid. Even knowing this, Severin, who is insane, chomps an apple and falls dead. The others ultimately leave with the Enterprise crew.

https://seanmunger.com/2015/05...-historical-context/

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Report This Post