SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Explain the meme thread
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 36

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Explain the meme thread Login/Join 
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by k5blazer:
I thought at first it was a condom.

Either way somebody got screwed!

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I still don't get the "Beef" one. I guess I just don't watch the right movies or TV shows. (And probably won't change my viewing habits.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Can someone explain the merry Christmas one with the random guys in winter coats? Page 192.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
Can someone explain the merry Christmas one with the random guys in winter coats? Page 192.

I'm guessing that was a group shot from the 1982 movie The Thing with Kurt Russell. See Kurt in the front row, center.

I can't remember if the plot of the movie took place over Christmas though.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Report This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
They are in an Arctic research station, and all but two of the guys die by the end of the movie.

Hence the "Wish you were here" part is funny, at least to me.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1768 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Report This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Confused

quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Report This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
^^^ He kicked the would-be game winning field goal off the upright today. The blindfolded face is Sandra Bullock, from the popular Netflix movie Birdbox.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Report This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Ah, a sportsball reference. Thanks.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Report This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Ah, a sportsball reference. Thanks.

Orguss, glad you asked as I too was clueless given my distain for all things NFL since the kneeling started.

More to the point, it's the Bears, it's Chicago, it's "does anyone really care." Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Going back to page 181. pic below... I was stumped about this one for several weeks, but I think I got it, not sure......

I think the middle guy is Beethoven, who was deaf and could therefore only use a video cable, which are yellow.
I think the bottom guy is Stevie Wonder who only uses audio cables, which are red and white.
I think the top guy is Van Goh, and there's something about he only had one ear because he cut one off, leaving him with one audio cable and the video cable.

Am I on the right track, or totally off here?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Report This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Yes I think you are right. That one made me look at the back of my tv. Big Grin

Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Good thread. Mostly because I didn't get any of those either. Smile

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
Going back to page 181. pic below... I was stumped about this one for several weeks, but I think I got it, not sure......

I think the middle guy is Beethoven, who was deaf and could therefore only use a video cable, which are yellow.
I think the bottom guy is Stevie Wonder who only uses audio cables, which are red and white.
I think the top guy is Van Goh, and there's something about he only had one ear because he cut one off, leaving him with one audio cable and the video cable.

Am I on the right track, or totally off here?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
Monkey, I can't hear any of your excuses and I don't see why you posted that.

Posts: 5720 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tuckerrnr1:
I think that's a picture of Helen Keller, who was both deaf and blind so she wouldn't need any cables.

I started this thread because I don't "get" quite a few of the memes people post. It appears that I'm not alone. Thanks to all who have explained them to us.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Big Grin

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
I think that's a picture of Helen Keller, who was both deaf and blind so she wouldn't need any cables.

I think I'm beginning to understand why you've struggled. Razz

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
It is the explanation.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Bad monkey, bad bad bad

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Report This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
Bad monkey, bad bad bad
No bananas for him.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post