SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Explain the meme thread
Page 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Explain the meme thread Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I don't understand it. Why not just say, OK and move on?

As for the offending cartoon. I really never saw any protests of BHO, maybe I somehow missed it because I didn't really pay attention to politics much until midway through his first term.

I saw the occasional sign in a crowd, or someone yell something out during him talking, saw a bunch of memes and internet digs, that's about it.

I don't remember any hot air balloons floating to mock him, or any organized protests. Nor do I remember bands (Pink Floyd) dedicating their music or celebrities posting on their social media about overthrowing the government. Don't remember whatever the analog is to Madonna and Johnny Deep advocating violence against the president.

Did I miss something from 2010-2016? I'm all for poking fun at either side, but the meme looks like it was stolen from a Huffington post article or hard lefty FB page.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Apparently not amused, the thread was locked.

Another good thread wrecked by a idiotic fucktard's action. Roll Eyes

fixed it

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh damnit. I really enjoy the meme threads. And Para was nice enough to reduce their moderated status.

I get the feeling the membership here won't be as understanding.

Kraquin, what's your next trick? Get the cat thread locked?

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Mad

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Report This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Triple Mad Mad Mad

Kraquin just had to be a royal asshole! Frown Mad

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by highroundcount:
I get the feeling the membership here won't be as understanding.

I know I won't be.

Posts: 7523 | Registered: October 31, 2008Report This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Hopefully Para sees this and takes pity on the fools (us) who are likewise upset.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Report This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
This is in the locked thread, but isn't the offending post, so I see no harm in asking about this one by airsoft guy: https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...600017964#4600017964 I'm guessing it has something to do with the NRA and the picture is a caricature of Wayne LaPierre that possibly he drew, but am not quite sure. I'm afraid I'm too "normal" to get it. Razz

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ Well, I didn't really get it, either. I don't think I'd go so far as to say I was "normal" though.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I just saw where Krackhead got the picture thread locked. Thanks, pal.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Report This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
It's pure Fuddism. It's a blue-ana-wood geezer who thinks the second is about hunting trying to control the discussion of us black rifle and handgun upstarts who know the second is about the last insurance against tyranny.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Report This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
It's a caricature of every fuddy duddy old timer that laments the lack of new blood in shooting and supporting the Second Amendment, who then shits on every new person who shows up because they don't live like it's 1956 anymore. Refusal to adapt to the changing times.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Report This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Hopefully Para sees this and takes pity on the fools (us) who are likewise upset.
Para has already stated his condition for unlocking the thread, CrackQuim merely needs to explain herself, and, it is to be hoped, apologize for insulting her host. Not easy, but it shouldn't be all that difficult for an adult to humble up.

Posts: 6398 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
CrackQuim.....LOL

I was one of those that check both of those threads daily, so thnaks.

But what's with the mayonnaise?

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded

Posts: 367 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: February 25, 2007Report This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DLC762:

what's with the mayonnaise?
Cinco de Mayo

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
It's a caricature of every fuddy duddy old timer that laments the lack of new blood in shooting and supporting the Second Amendment, who then shits on every new person who shows up because they don't live like it's 1956 anymore. Refusal to adapt to the changing times.

I see. Smile Fuddy Duddy Guy does have a passing resemblance to Wayne LaPierre, other than the checked shirt (unless that was a desired effect). Did you draw it?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: egregore,

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Report This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
The Dragon one. (I don't follow kids movies much)

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Report This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:

The donkey has “relations” with the dragon. Shrek.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Report This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:

I actually laughed out loud at that one.

Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:

I actually laughed out loud at that one.

It put a big ass grin on me as well. I loved the Shrek movies. I'm hoping for another one.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Report This Post