SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Explain the meme thread
Page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 36

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Explain the meme thread Login/Join 
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
I do recognize it as a Star Trek TOS clip.
I don't make the connection specifically with Portland, any more than if Kirk had said Berkeley, Austin, Seattle or Bisbee.
And I guess there isn't a specific connection.

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3141 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I've been to Portland. I saw those people.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43866 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I've been to Portland. I saw those people.

Ya gotta quit taking the bus to that part of town guy! Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16184 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Yeaay Brother...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43866 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I tried googling these Re-Elect stickers but couldn't find them. Anyone know if they truly exist?

quote:
Originally posted by Tuckerrnr1:

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Report This Post
Connoisseur of
Fine Firearms
Picture of lbaker45
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1926 | Location: Midwest | Registered: November 09, 2005Report This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
Other than the obvious (people from Portland are weird), I got nothing.

Is there more to it?

I don't think so. They're just weird.

Add to the list: San Francisco, Seattle, etc...

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Big Grin
the truck looks "normal"
in the beaver state
Big Grin

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54602 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Big Grin

Good catch, bendable.

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Report This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
For the last time:

Chaps, are chaps. By definition they only cover the legs. They don't have a seat.

Assless pants, are pants with the seat removed.

All chaps are assless, because they are chaps.

"Assless Chaps" is redundant and unnecessary.

Just say chaps. Or assless pants, if you mean those.

Next up: "Hot Water Heater."

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Report This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I greatly fear, it won’t be “for the last time,” Arc. I think it’s a boys will be boys thing

Posts: 13235 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Report This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder:
For the last time:

Chaps, are chaps. By definition they only cover the legs. They don't have a seat.

If I had a dollar for every time you've explained that, I'd have cleaned out the ATM machine by my house.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
quote:
For the last time:

If I had a dollar for every time you've explained that, I'd have cleaned out the ATM machine by my house.

Haha! I saw what you did there.

Posts: 684 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: July 21, 2013Report This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
You can wear both at the same time. If you put on chaps, they'll cover the legs of the assless pants. Neither a cowboy, or leather bear would do that...

"Assless Chaps" is nonsense.

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Report This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I’ll never understand the canonization of Greta Thunberg by the global Left. That said, the Greta as Hitler meme is something the Left would do. I don’t like it

Posts: 13235 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Report This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
I’ll never understand the canonization of Greta Thunberg by the global Left. That said, the Greta as Hitler meme is something the Left would do. I don’t like it

If the shoe fits...

Posts: 2933 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
You can wear both at the same time. If you put on chaps, they'll cover the legs of the assless pants. Neither a cowboy, or leather bear would do that...

the only way chaps could be assless is if nobody is wearing them.... Once you put them on, well, they have an ass... in them of course... Big Grin

Posts: 23386 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:

The left also wipes their ass after taking a dump, own kittens and puppies, eat ice-cream, goes to the movies, love their parents and all sort of things.

Maybe we should simply stop doing any and everything because "the left might do that".

Yeah, I am being a total douche and obtuse.

That said, not all tactics one's enemy uses should be dismissed because they are distasteful and vulgar, in fact, that may be the exact reason for using them.

If they choose to attack our ships at rest, I say, we build atomic bombs and smite the fuckers.

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:

the only way chaps could be assless is if nobody is wearing them.... Once you put them on, well, they have an ass... in them of course... Big Grin

In more ways than one.

Arc.

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’ll never understand the canonization of Greta Thunberg by the global Left. ... I don’t like it

I agree: We shouldn’t object to the “meme” because it’s something the left would do.
We should object or at least we are justified in not liking it because it’s objectionable on its face.

First and most obviously, it borders on nothing more than mocking her appearance—something that even here is (usually) recognized as more appropriate to a third grade playground than a discussion among adults.

And if that’s not enough, it’s a manifestation of Godwin’s law about introducing Hitler or the Nazis into an argument for no purpose other than evoking a visceral, “Ew! Eew! She’s like Hitler!” response. We may not agree with what’s she’s saying or the way she expresses herself, but her cause and message are nothing whatsoever like the Nazis’. That should be the first thing that anyone who objects to what she’s trying to do should understand.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post