SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Explain the meme thread
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 36

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Explain the meme thread Login/Join 
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
From the way I understand the Drake meme, also known as a drakepost, what ASG posted means that Crenshaw is against the Second Amendment. But since we know he's a staunch supporter, the meme is supposed to be funny because it's wrong.

Crenshaw's face is photoshopped onto the rapper, Drake. The way the meme is supposed to work is that the first panel is a rejection of the first idea while the second panel is an affirmation of the second idea. In some cases, the first and second panels are posted ironically. To this end, the Crenshaw-Drake meme is saying Crenshaw is against the Second Amendment and that he approves it being infringed upon.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Report This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

Apologies, bald. My post was rude. Normally I reread my posts before posting and edit as necessary. That first sentence was completely unnecessary.

No sweat Alan. It's all good! Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
The way the meme is supposed to work is that the first panel is a rejection of the first idea while the second panel is an affirmation of the second idea.

Damn that's more than this old curmudgeon can handle! Thought memes were supposed to be simple and direct commentaries. Mixing Crenshaw, the rapper Drake, and both advocates and opponents of the 2nd Amendment seems overly complicated and rather convoluted. LOL

Oh and Orguss, I've never heard of "drakeposts" before. Might be my age (I hit 72 this week) and where I hang out. hehehehehehehhehe

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
From the way I understand the Drake meme, also known as a drakepost, what ASG posted means that Crenshaw is against the Second Amendment. But since we know he's a staunch supporter, the meme is supposed to be funny because it's wrong.

Crenshaw's face is photoshopped onto the rapper, Drake. The way the meme is supposed to work is that the first panel is a rejection of the first idea while the second panel is an affirmation of the second idea. In some cases, the first and second panels are posted ironically. To this end, the Crenshaw-Drake meme is saying Crenshaw is against the Second Amendment and that he approves it being infringed upon.

Ok, that's more deep than what I thought.

And I also am not familiar with Drake.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
From the way I understand the Drake meme...
[snip...]
Jeezus...I can't even find any dots to connect with that explanation!!

Razz

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I typed it as plainly as I thought possible. If it’s still unclear, imagine the text for the first panel says the sun rises in the east. The text for the second panel says it rises in the west. Obviously, we all know the correct answer, so the meme would be understood to be ironic in order to make the subject of the image look stupid.

Or maybe ASG should just remove the post because he didn’t consider we don’t all operate at his level of intellectual humor.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Report This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Could someone explain the Mike Tyson pic?
“His toughest opponent yet” and it’s a pink S.
????

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KMitch200:
????

Mike has a lisp.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
????

Mike has a lisp lithp.

FIFY, Monkey.

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3138 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Report This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Okay...NOW it makes sense. Smile

Thanks Monkey!

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by motor59:
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
????

Mike has a lisp lithp.

FIFY, Monkey.

LOL

I actually typed and posted that, then figured it might not be understood, so I changed it. Smile

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
In the Halloween takeoff on Crowder on page 234 of the fun pics thread, does anyone know who is between Jason and Michael Myers?

Posts: 1359 | Registered: October 19, 2008Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
If I had to guess, it looks like a Frankenstein mask.

Posts: 17060 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
If I had to guess, it looks like a Frankenstein mask.

Thanks. I haven't kept up with the horror genre in many years, so I had no clue. Just curious if it was a new boogeyman I was unaware of.

Posts: 1359 | Registered: October 19, 2008Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Can anyone explain this one?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
My only guess is something along the lines of helicopter parents & not panicking when they may get hurt?

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Report This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
When my kids were young, I found that if I acted like their fall/accident/whatever was no big deal, then they would not act hurt...but if I ran over seeing if they were okay and want to see their boo-boo, they would cry and wail like I had just amputated their arm.

That was my guess.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Report This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
When my kids were young, I found that if I acted like their fall/accident/whatever was no big deal, then they would not act hurt...but if I ran over seeing if they were okay and want to see their boo-boo, they would cry and wail like I had just amputated their arm.

That was my guess.

This is totally it. If you watch, young kids will often take the hit, fall, whatever, then look around to see how they should react. If you act like it was a big deal then they will too. If you grin and say, “Awesome landing!” they will often just drive on. This cartoon clearly overstates it, but the principle is true.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Report This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
re: Grab the Mayo meme on pace 236, I love it, it is hysterically funny. I wouldn’t mind being a fly on the wall watching how that played out. However, I would absolutely not want to try it myself.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
This one just flew right over me:

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
This one just flew right over me:

flashguy

The seat has been moved ridiculously close to the steering wheel.

Posts: 3698 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Report This Post