January 02, 2019, 09:22 AM
shovelhead
Explain the meme thread
quote:
Originally posted by k5blazer:
I thought at first it was a condom.

Either way somebody got screwed!

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)
January 02, 2019, 01:46 PM
flashguy
I still don't get the "Beef" one. I guess I just don't watch the right movies or TV shows. (And probably won't change my viewing habits.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth
January 02, 2019, 04:24 PM
radioman
Can someone explain the merry Christmas one with the random guys in winter coats? Page 192.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!
January 02, 2019, 04:53 PM
WildSig
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
Can someone explain the merry Christmas one with the random guys in winter coats? Page 192.

I'm guessing that was a group shot from the 1982 movie The Thing with Kurt Russell. See Kurt in the front row, center.

I can't remember if the plot of the movie took place over Christmas though.
January 02, 2019, 05:21 PM
furlough
They are in an Arctic research station, and all but two of the guys die by the end of the movie.

Hence the "Wish you were here" part is funny, at least to me.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato
January 06, 2019, 10:33 PM
Orguss
Confused

quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"
January 06, 2019, 10:36 PM
rusbro
^^^ He kicked the would-be game winning field goal off the upright today. The blindfolded face is Sandra Bullock, from the popular Netflix movie Birdbox.
January 06, 2019, 10:37 PM
Orguss
Ah, a sportsball reference. Thanks.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"
January 06, 2019, 10:43 PM
bald1
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Ah, a sportsball reference. Thanks.

Orguss, glad you asked as I too was clueless given my distain for all things NFL since the kneeling started.

More to the point, it's the Bears, it's Chicago, it's "does anyone really care." Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192
January 06, 2019, 11:11 PM
radioman
Going back to page 181. pic below... I was stumped about this one for several weeks, but I think I got it, not sure......

I think the middle guy is Beethoven, who was deaf and could therefore only use a video cable, which are yellow.
I think the bottom guy is Stevie Wonder who only uses audio cables, which are red and white.
I think the top guy is Van Goh, and there's something about he only had one ear because he cut one off, leaving him with one audio cable and the video cable.

Am I on the right track, or totally off here?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!
January 06, 2019, 11:17 PM
apprentice
Yes I think you are right. That one made me look at the back of my tv. Big Grin
January 06, 2019, 11:36 PM
Bassamatic
Good thread. Mostly because I didn't get any of those either. Smile

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.
January 07, 2019, 12:18 AM
sigmonkey
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
Going back to page 181. pic below... I was stumped about this one for several weeks, but I think I got it, not sure......

I think the middle guy is Beethoven, who was deaf and could therefore only use a video cable, which are yellow.
I think the bottom guy is Stevie Wonder who only uses audio cables, which are red and white.
I think the top guy is Van Goh, and there's something about he only had one ear because he cut one off, leaving him with one audio cable and the video cable.

Am I on the right track, or totally off here?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!
January 07, 2019, 09:18 AM
Tuckerrnr1
Monkey, I can't hear any of your excuses and I don't see why you posted that.

January 07, 2019, 11:12 AM
flashguy
quote:
Originally posted by Tuckerrnr1:
I think that's a picture of Helen Keller, who was both deaf and blind so she wouldn't need any cables.

I started this thread because I don't "get" quite a few of the memes people post. It appears that I'm not alone. Thanks to all who have explained them to us.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth
January 07, 2019, 11:17 AM
V-Tail
quote:
Big Grin

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
January 07, 2019, 11:24 AM
Georgeair
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
I think that's a picture of Helen Keller, who was both deaf and blind so she wouldn't need any cables.

I think I'm beginning to understand why you've struggled. Razz

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

January 07, 2019, 12:54 PM
sigmonkey
It is the explanation.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!
January 07, 2019, 01:39 PM
MikeinNC
Bad monkey, bad bad bad

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker
January 07, 2019, 02:11 PM
V-Tail
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
Bad monkey, bad bad bad
No bananas for him.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים