SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Explain the meme thread
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 36

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Explain the meme thread Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Okay, egregore has me stumped with his two posts of today (Mar 21) on page 208. WTH?
"Lions and tigers and bears, oh my!"

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
Why women live longer.....

This post had me stumped because I didn't understand why there were links to bank locations mixed in with the pictures. I'm guessing it's a way that postimages.or g can include spam links into the cut and paste image links they make.

Posts: 3381 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Report This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Okay, egregore has me stumped with his two posts of today (Mar 21) on page 208. WTH?

I thought that was pretty obvious

Sometimes the trick to understanding memes is just to take the most obvious reading

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Report This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

I'll admit, it took me a second, but then I laughed until I choked!

"Loose Lips" had me going pretty good too.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15227 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Report This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Okay, I guess Sulu threw me.

The loose lips for this old sailor was an instant chuckle.

What about that one of posted just above the Wizard of Oz? Seals? Manatees? Whatever... I don't get it at all. Frown

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
I think the seal flopping around is just a funny photoshop.

I don't think it really 'means' anything. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21845 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Report This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:

What about that one of posted just above the Wizard of Oz? Seals? Manatees? Whatever... I don't get it at all. Frown

I'm told if you drop acid and watch it, it will make perfect sense. Meaning of life type shit

Posts: 5318 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:

A “clever” way of commenting about the previous post (lions, et al.) without making it obvious that it was a comment in a thread that wasn’t supposed to include comments—?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
quote:

I'm told if you drop acid and watch it, it will make perfect sense. Meaning of life type shit

Whoa Nellie...! Frown Frown

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:

A “clever” way of commenting about the previous post (lions, et al.) without making it obvious that it was a comment in a thread that wasn’t supposed to include comments—?

I believe you're right but let erj_pilot explain his extra Sulu meme post. Smile Big Grin

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

While listening to Pink Floyd “Far Side of the Moon”. Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
quote:
quote:

While listening to Pink Floyd “Far Side of the Moon”. Big Grin

Or The Dark Side of the Moon either.... Smile

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Oh damn. I knew it was moon and something. Far...dark...whatever... Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Well, although I can see what is happening, I don't actually get this one:

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Well, although I can see what is happening, I don't actually get this one: -flashguy

Guessing it is a poke at the fact that every grille on every car and truck keeps getting bigger and bigger. Resulting in ridiculousness if it continues at the current rate. The grilles on a BMW 2002 was about 3 inches across (many years ago).

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Report This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:

Shouldn't Mr. Pibb be in this pic, too? Though, Mr. Pibb is miles ahead in taste than these generic brands.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Report This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
^^^They're all "Dr." drinks. All "false" versions of Dr. Pepper presumably, including in name.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Report This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Well, although I can see what is happening, I don't actually get this one:

flashguy

For the 2020 model year, BMW has updated their cars with dramatically larger grilles. The 2020 picture in the meme is an actual image of how the 2020 BMWs look. A lot of people think it looks stupid and are making fun of where it will go if they continue the trend.

2020 BMW 7-series:

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Report This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
Hello, my name is Bimmer....

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Report This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Mr. Pibb didn't get into medical school.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Report This Post