SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Stupid things you have seen people do
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stupid things you have seen people do Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
A recently injured paraplegic inmate believed his catheter was slipping, so he tied a shoestring tightly around his penis. It was later amputated. We call it the "Case of the Gangrenous Penis."

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A coworker jumpering a fuse because the unit needed More Power. You don't get to see real smoke and fire at work very often.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13400 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lack of time and limited space keeps me from making this list.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3533 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
I saw a newbie go into the tool crib to get the keys to one of the jets. Fun times!

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was in law enforcement for over 40 years. There is not enough space here to list every dumb thing the good and bad guys did.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last year at Badin Lake in NC, I watched a guy take his tie downs and winch strap off of his 28' cabin cruiser that was sitting on a roller trailer. Sure enough, as soon as the trailer started on the ramp, the boat rolled right off the trailer hitting the ramp about 20' from the water. We offered to help and dragged the boat down the ramp into the water. The sound it made was awful. Once the boat was in the water, the guy thanked us, then went out to enjoy a day on the water. I couldn't believe that he didn't want to get it back on the trailer and at least inspect the hull and lower unit.

Posts: 729 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Helped a guy jump start his car.

"Red is hot, black is ground"

He laid the black cable on the ground.

Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
This may/may not be funny, since kids were involved.

A parent bought a 2 seater go-kart for their kids, and let them drive around the neighborhood.

It looked like fun, until both kids decided to drive past their parents and both wave at them. Then they ran into a parked truck, and the oldest kid took a bumper full on to the face. The younger kid made the clearance.

Nobody was seriously injured...

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Tire chains on the rear of a front wheel drive car.

Posts: 27956 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Nothing comes to mind.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Nothing comes to mind.

HA! I bet. Smile

It is fun to set up a lawn chair and crack a beer next to a boat launch on a sunny Sat.

Constant entertainment. At least one or two will forget to install the drain plug.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
quote:
Nothing comes to mind.

HA! I bet. Smile

It is fun to set up a lawn chair and crack a beer next to a boat launch on a sunny Sat.

Constant entertainment. At least one or two will forget to install the drain plug.

It's something you only do once. Luckily I've gotten it out of the way. I caught it immediately at least.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
quote:
Nothing comes to mind.

HA! I bet. Smile

It's something you only do once. Luckily I've gotten it out of the way. I caught it immediately at least.

A friend of mine sold a boat several years ago and we ran into the new owners on their maiden voyage. We stopped and chatted a while and noticed that bilge was running the whole time. Yup, No drain plug.

I also enjoy the "forgot to take off the rear trailer tie-downs", and the "forgot to raise the engine" moments at the ramp.

Posts: 729 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guy drove to his driving suspended/DUI hearing. Parked in a space marked "Police Cars Only".

is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
I saw a guy hold up the tongue of a car dolly to get a better angle so the car would make it up the ramps easier while two guys pushed a station wagon on it. pinned the guy against his truck he screamed pretty good Big Grin and got an ambulance ride.

Last year at the fair, someone did that in the employee parking lot. Nobody knew who it was, so they couldn't call anyone inside, so they just let it run until that person came back at the end of their shift to find that their car was still running 10 or 12 hours later. Unlocked too.

I once saw this guy on SIGforum respond to a different post than the one he quoted. J/K ASG Wink

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5480 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Nothing comes to mind.

HA! I bet. Smile

A friend of mine pulled his boat out of the lake in October, just before the required date, put it in his back yard as he did every year, then rushed off for two weeks' vacation, neglecting to pull the drain plugs from the cooling system of the inboard motor.

We had an early freeze that year (not all that early, though) and my friend came back to find a cracked engine block. One unexpected lesson was the cost of a four-bolt-main Chevrolet small block, and that they were not available at the local junkyard.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^ Probably not since the early 90s

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
When I was in high school I worked at a grocery store and was fortunate enough to be transferred into the meat & seafood dept. One of the meat cutters was a grumpy old dude near retirement who bitched endlessly. One day I heard him cussing and bitching more furiously than normal. While cutting pork chops he managed to cut off the tip of his finger. When my coworker asked him why he didn't report the accident or go to the hospital his response was classic. "Because one of the first things they will do is drug test me you jackass!".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
A dead deer on the side of a busy road. A middle aged lady giving it "a drink" from her water bottle because "It looked thirsty".

Called for a deer hit by a car. Witness said deer ran into the woods and said I needed to find it. Witness said it was hurt and needed to be taken to a veterinarian.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I, uhm... knew a guy once who had a Pontiac T-1000 (think Pontiac Chevette) manual, and he arrived home one night to visit his family, parked the car on "level" ground, forgot the emergency brake was busted, and when he closed the door it jarred the car into beginning a slow roll downhill (i.e., toward the house). This is in pitch black at around 1 am, yet the imbecile decides that he can just get in front of the car (since it's small, ya dig?) and stop it. Car gets momentum, guy trips over the crossties that make up the garden right next to the house, and the car catches the guy's leg between the front (metal, back in the day) bumper and the brick chimney of the house, and bounces off hard enough to clear the crossties again before coming to a rest.

So, basically, guy hit himself with his own car, unassisted. That takes skill, my friends.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post